The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Word And Its Lack Of Integrity: Another Viewpoint From Another Long-Time Player

Xikiri

OP and anyone supporting them are disgusting. DE has done nothing but try to please a schizophrenic community that spits vile hatred at anything they dislike, a community that thinks that being beta testers means that they're all members of the goddamn board of directors who should get input in every single little thing that changes. DE has done plenty to try to involve the community in their decisions and they've done a damn good job of it.

I'm also starting to see the tinfoil hats come out of the woodwork now.

Chroma also seems to be a conspiracy to me. DE gives it a ridiculous design that they know will be hated by majority, then prepare a mediocre appearance before hand. After the forum rage, DE throw out the mediocre design, which, by comparison, better than the Anteater, and bask in the light of "I listen to player base".

Of course! Chroma is a conspiracy, they designed a frame specifically made to look S#&$ty so that the mediocre one gets them brownie points! It's not like the game takes pride in it's visuals or anything! /sarcasm

I've seen ancient alien theorists spout off less ridiculous theories than this.

This entire thread waters down to people being *@##$y because "Oh boo hoo, people decided to play around with my warframe's abilities in a way I don't like! DE did something without consulting the playerbase! I'm gonna go cry about it on the forums and try to get everyone to turn against DE!".  It's ridiculous and you need to get your heads out of your asses and stop being such hateful little venom spitters and grow up a bit.

OP and anyone supporting them are disgusting. DE has done nothing but try to please a schizophrenic community that spits vile hatred at anything they dislike, a community that thinks that being beta testers means that they're all members of the goddamn board of directors who should get input in every single little thing that changes. DE has done plenty to try to involve the community in their decisions and they've done a damn good job of it.

Of course! Chroma is a conspiracy, they designed a frame specifically made to look S#&$ty so that the mediocre one gets them brownie points! It's not like the game takes pride in it's visuals or anything! /sarcasm

This entire thread waters down to people being *@##$y because "Oh boo hoo, people decided to play around with my warframe's abilities in a way I don't like! DE did something without consulting the playerbase! I'm gonna go cry about it on the forums and try to get everyone to turn against DE!".  It's ridiculous and you need to get your heads out of your asses and stop being such hateful little venom spitters and grow up a bit.

DE is definitely one of the best devs that I have ever seen. I also agree with you on your point about Chroma's appearance. 

However, you have to understand that DE has shown a propensity to ignore its fanbase on certain issues. Number one example is nullifiers. An extreme part of the community is displeased that Nullifiers have been consistently buffed, despite constant discussions about the problems with nullifiers. It is pretty clear that the community wants changes to nullifiers, and wants them better adjusted to not be as powerful as they are now. Instead of listening, however, they have done the opposite time and time again. This would cause anyone to be a bit angry.

Also, this thread is bringing attention to the fact that DE doesn't always listen to their fanbase. They are a business like any other, and will take actions that are not always in the best interests of their consumers (us). One example of this is the ever increasing grind. Each primed mod that comes out, each weapon that requires another, each frame that requires parts from another frame, just goes to show that DE has a vested interest in increasing the grind as much as possible. On their streams and in public, however, they have constantly talked about how they want to reduce the grind. It's not translating to the game, or beyond the streams. This causes people to distrust them. 

It is pretty clear that the community wants changes to nullifiers, 

As I said in the other thread.

Whether nullifiers are good or bad is a subject of heavy debate on a forum that represents less than a tenth of the community. Nullifiers need changes, but they're be no means the problem they're being made out to be.

Demagoguery and appeals to the base natures of players are extremely common here, and those two form most of the DE hate/devs aren't listening stuff.

As I said in the other thread.

Whether nullifiers are good or bad is a subject of heavy debate on a forum that represents less than a tenth of the community. Nullifiers need changes, but they're be no means the problem they're being made out to be.

Demagoguery and appeals to the base natures of players are extremely common here, and those two form most of the DE hate/devs aren't listening stuff.

I was referencing how most of the community finds nullifiers to be poorly implemented at this stage. What their ideas are is a totally different story. I was basically just using them as an example of how DE chooses to ignore some things.

Some people in this thread have taken it a level above where it is, and I agree with what you said (in part) in your last sentence. However, there is an argument to be made and a discussion to have when it comes to this topic. Its not a huge deal, but it is a bit of an issue and needs to be acknowledged by both DE and the community.

Also, this thread is bringing attention to the fact that DE doesn't always listen to their fanbase. They are a business like any other, and will take actions that are not always in the best interests of their consumers (us). One example of this is the ever increasing grind. Each primed mod that comes out, each weapon that requires another, each frame that requires parts from another frame, just goes to show that DE has a vested interest in increasing the grind as much as possible. On their streams and in public, however, they have constantly talked about how they want to reduce the grind. It's not translating to the game, or beyond the streams. This causes people to distrust them. 

Except for the fact that they have been reducing grind in other places that players like to miss, such as: 

A: Stealth Affinity Multipliers, meaning a quick stealth run would net quite a lot of Affinity/Syndicate Points/levelling equipment sounds, which in turn means less need for playing Endless Missions constantly. 

B: Spy 2.0, which actually has pretty lucrative rewards and an almost guaranteed Key in the rewards, so no need to constantly play Endless Missions (bar T4 Keys). 

C: Getting out Fusion Core packs in other Survival Missions, so less Void Missions needed to be played repeatedly. 

As for your examples: 

A: Primed Mods are not necessary for playing the main content of the game, nor are they meant to be maxed up all in one go. 

B: So far, that is just one instance of Warframe building that needs other Warframe parts, and that makes sense. 

C: As long as they make sense, then it is still fine (although I will always say to allow options for players for crafting weapons that need the dual version of another weapon as a requirement, through adding an option to use two single versions of the dual prerequisite weapon to use instead, but with extra credit cost to compensate for saved time). 

Hey you. You, with the "disgusting" remark. You can shut right up, kiddo.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/438610-a-formal-apology

How does one request to have a thread locked? Just talk to a moderator or..? I'm tired of having my mistake stare me in the face every other day I return to the forums as well as nutjobs like this guy over here flip out because of something I have already retracted multiple times by now.

Except for the fact that they have been reducing grind in other places that players like to miss, such as:

A: Stealth Affinity Multipliers, meaning a quick stealth run would net quite a lot of Affinity/Syndicate Points/levelling equipment sounds, which in turn means less need for playing Endless Missions constantly.

Perhaps when it first came out, but the stealth XP has been nerfed massively (for melee weapons), you're not going to get anything unless your weapon is a silent one-shot kill, and the stealth timer isn't long enough for non-cloaking frames (since you need to wait for the enemies to be in the right position).

Perhaps when it first came out, but the stealth XP has been nerfed massively (for melee weapons), you're not going to get anything unless your weapon is a silent one-shot kill, and the stealth timer isn't long enough for non-cloaking frames (since you need to wait for the enemies to be in the right position).

No?

Players have been chaining stealth kills for constant high Affinity (in which I can do that both effectively and efficiently now). And Stealth Affinity Multipliers always require a silent one-shot kill weapon to get it, even from the start, so I am not sure what you are talking about with that point. 

" DE has done plenty to try to involve the community in their decisions and they've done a damn good job of it."

Totally agree . From my point of view  , people only complain   " i cant farm without spammung numbkey 4 anymore " , " i have to play a few hours to get the best possible uber-mod " and especially " i need skill to win"

Totally agree . From my point of view  , people only complain   " i cant farm without spammung numbkey 4 anymore " , " i have to play a few hours to get the best possible uber-mod " and especially " i need skill to win"

Pretty much.

I agree... no trust will be given. The community should not trust DE anymore, I find it quite disturbing how they listen less to their players than they do a potato... I mean seriously... you guys your treating us like we have wronged you or something... 

What I find quite disturbing is that this comment go so many ^'s when it's entirely untrue...

What I find quite disturbing is that this comment go so many ^'s when it's entirely untrue...

Entirely?

Oh, Of course, spamming 4 from 1 place is the ONLY way to play the game. Demanding taxis to everywhere past Earth tutorial is not only normal, it is EXPECTED and RIGHT. Bringing unmodded level 1 frames to T4 missions SHOULD be encouraged! And everyone has to go as fast as possible to hog all of the XP and then spout racial slurs and other epithets in voice chat when everyone else cannot keep up with a lvl 30 speed modded Volt Prime. One style of play is the ONLY way to play...

THIS is what I see every day in Warframe now. And yes, it bothers me. I THOUGHT this was a GAME. You know? Play it to have FUN?

If you are not having fun in a video game... WHY PLAY IT? 

Edited by Kalenath

Entirely?

Oh, Of course, spamming 4 from 1 place is the ONLY way to play the game. Demanding taxis to everywhere past Earth tutorial is not only normal, it is EXPECTED and RIGHT. Bringing unmodded level 1 frames to T4 missions SHOULD be encouraged! And everyone has to go as fast as possible to hog all of the XP and then spout racial slurs and other epithets in voice chat when everyone else cannot keep up with a lvl 30 speed modded Volt Prime. One style of play is the ONLY way to play...

THIS is what I see every day in Warframe now. And yes, it bothers me. I THOUGHT this was a GAME. You know? Play it to have FUN?

If you are not having fun in a video game... WHY PLAY IT? 

Wow, who are you playing with? Sounds like you need a change of friends/people group, because that sounds horrible. Haven't experienced most any of that myself though.

Whoa there, kinda hypocritical with the "venom spitters" parts don't you think? Not to mention the generalizations.

The OP is just voicing their opinions, those who upvoted share a similar opinion or agree with it. If you don't like it, all you had to do was say so, not resort to name calling and the hypocrisy of calling everyone else childish when you're the one that resorted to name-calling, of all things.

Calm down, and let yourself "grow up a bit" with the comments, nobody likes talking to someone who's fuming and spewing out hate like that.

There's been legitimate points on both sides of the discussion on how DE handles things, barging in with a comment like that does nothing to add to the conversation, only enrage players and get very critical threads like this one locked. So please, tone it down and try not to slander and discriminate against people just because they have different views from you.

Well its slowly becomes common problem kidos starting poluting this game

...I'd call it a problem of the game for forcing the players to do so. Increasing the grind, encrypting the RNG system and diluting the drop tables with more stuff. Can you really blame players for trying to find the quickest ways to overcome the many walls that DE has placed in front of them?

Not to mention that none of those things were accurate across the board. Utilizing one power isn't the only way to play the game, it's just some dude/dudettes play style. No player can demand a taxi, because it's up to those in Recruiting to take them or not. Whine as they will, it ain't gonna happen if a player doesn't want it to happen. Never seen a Lvl 1 frame be encouraged into a mission, nor do I think the majority of the player base does. Unless you can provide an example? The rest sounds just like a bad player experience, not a reflection of the entirety of the community. There is no only way to play, we all have the freedom to choose how we play the game. If you narrow your view to that, then sure, to you it'll be the only way. But in all actuality, it isn't. There's loads of ways to play.

If people play the game a certain way, so be it let them play the game however they wish. You yourself have the agency and the privilege to play the game as you will, just like how other people can.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Wow, who are you playing with? Sounds like you need a change of friends/people group, because that sounds horrible. Haven't experienced most any of that myself though.

That all happened yesterday with randoms. (And yes, the level 1 frame in the T4 defense got on voice chat after he was 1 shotted the 4th time and screamed at us for not carrying him through the mission. At which point, I quit the mission. Not worth it.)

Yes. I am a bit worried about this trend.

Well its slowly becomes common problem kidos starting poluting this game.Oh by kidos i had in mind people who cant behave themselves acting like enraged little childs who gets their cookie stealed etc

And the REALLY sad thing? MOST of them are over 10 years old... They just don't act it.

Edited by Kalenath

That all happened yesterday with randoms. (And yes, the level 1 frame in the T4 defense got on voice chat after he was 1 shotted the 4th time and screamed at us for not carrying him through the mission. At which point, I quit.)

Yes. I am a bit worried about this trend.

Haha, well you get the good and the bad, especially when it comes to Randoms. I wouldn't go so far as to call that a given for everything though, nor a trend, it happens sometimes, not always. Depends literally on your Randoms...which is the nature of randoms.

Haha, well you get the good and the bad, especially when it comes to Randoms. I wouldn't go so far as to call that a given for everything though, nor a trend, it happens sometimes, not always. Depends literally on your Randoms...which is the nature of randoms.

Those were the worst I have seen so far. But by no means the ONLY ones.

Every day, I see more and more people DEMANDING taxis. TO VENUS. Sheer lard butt laziness there.

Every day I run missions only to be left in the dust by someone who HAS to finish the mission in 20 seconds no matter what else. I don't MIND rushing if I am prepared for it. But if I am looking for neural sensors on a Jupiter mission and get a random in who speeds to the end... I don't LIKE playing a co-op game solo but I am trending that way to avoid the stupidity. Farming the manic is even worse. 'Oh yeah... I'll turn off the alarm each time no matter WHAT you say! Because I KNOW better!'. 

The GAME is still fun for me. Some of the PLAYERS? Not so much.

I mean... the MOST fun I see in Recruiting chat sometimes is people trying to trick others into getting themselves kicked. I remember when people joked, chatted, commented in there since Region was so stupid even back then. Now? That is all gone.

Edited by Kalenath

No?

Players have been chaining stealth kills for constant high Affinity (in which I can do that both effectively and efficiently now). And Stealth Affinity Multipliers always require a silent one-shot kill weapon to get it, even from the start, so I am not sure what you are talking about with that point.

My point here is that since you need your weapon to one-shot an enemy without alerting the others, the weapon already needs to be both powerful and silent - ruling out the vast majority of unranked or low-ranked weapons and hence making it useless for levelling that particular gun.

Chaining stealth kills is easy enough to do when you're permanently invisible and have a silent ranged weapon, but if you're not invisible, you need to wait for the enemy to stop looking your way, then creep up on them and execute them one by one (since they invariably spawn in groups). This means a lot of waiting for patrol routes to finish, which is eating away at your stealth timer.

My point here is that since you need your weapon to one-shot an enemy without alerting the others, the weapon already needs to be both powerful and silent - ruling out the vast majority of unranked or low-ranked weapons and hence making it useless for levelling that particular gun.

There are actually quite a lot of guns that are powerful. For silence (if the weapon is not already silenced), just rank up a bit, equip Hush/Suppress, and done (5 without an Orokin Catalyst, 3 with one). 

Since by the time a player can start exploring stealth with guns as an option, he/she would have amassed a semi-decent base already, so that is not much of a problem at all. 

Chaining stealth kills is easy enough to do when you're permanently invisible and have a silent ranged weapon, but if you're not invisible, you need to wait for the enemy to stop looking your way, then creep up on them and execute them one by one (since they invariably spawn in groups). This means a lot of waiting for patrol routes to finish, which is eating away at your stealth timer.

You do not need to be permanently invisible to chain stealth kills. Silent ranged weapons are recommended, but not mandatory, and thirty seconds is more than enough to pick off enemies in patrol routes. Just walk carefully, use the Scanner, and hey presto, Affinity starts raining. 

And by your reply, it does support my suspicion that most players cannot play stealthy well in Warframe. 

And by your reply, it does support my suspicion that most players cannot play stealthy well in Warframe. 

You can't just rush through while stealthing, so no. Most players apparently can't. Even people with Ash and Loki can't seem to get the idea sometimes.

But SOME of us DO enjoy running missions with a permanent 500% stealth kill modifier. Makes leveling things SO much faster.

There are actually quite a lot of guns that are powerful. For silence (if the weapon is not already silenced), just rank up a bit, equip Hush/Suppress, and done (5 without an Orokin Catalyst, 3 with one).

Enough to one-hit kill enemies without adding Serration or elemental mods? That's the issue here - unless they die in one hit, your target along with everything around them will become alerted. Remember that we're not just talking about things like the Vectis or Latron Prime here, this is also supposed to help with mastery fodder like the Furis and Grakata.

You do not need to be permanently invisible to chain stealth kills. Silent ranged weapons are recommended, but not mandatory, and thirty seconds is more than enough to pick off enemies in patrol routes. Just walk carefully, use the Scanner, and hey presto, Affinity starts raining.

I mentioned silent ranged weapon because that's what would be getting levelled. Patrol routes matter because not only do they need to not see you, but you also need to kill the last enemy in line - I've found that quite often, enemies will be alerted if you kill someone in front of them with a ranged weapon (but not melee, for whatever reason). If there is more than one group of enemies, you then need to evade them both. Edited by DoomFruit