Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma - The New Strange Quest

Reaar

Not sure if there is already a thread about this. From what I have heard in the quest so far and what I have read on the Wiki, you fight a hostile Chroma warframe, described by Simaris as a "biological signature with an anomaly" and you are send to find out who controls it. While it appereantly is noted in the codex as infested, he appears together with Corpus.

Now, is it possible that this is all something caused by the Sentients? Could they have learned how to "turn" Warframes too?

A warframe without a tenno is just a suit. While it doesn't make much sense for empty warframes to use abilities and stuff, they are still just suits. Without a tenno inside, it makes sense that it could be controlled. With a tenno inside, it probably can't lock on to the tenno's quasidimensional void energy subdermal frequency and redirect power to the main engines, Scotty.

Maybe Chroma is a unique case. Considering how he's more or less connected to the pelt, if you could control the pelt (probably swimming in the residue of whatever silly dragon decided to become a coat) you could probably control the frame.

Just guessing, I dunno.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Adun makes a good point, but I'd like to point out, the Chroma we fight never uses abilities (from what I've seen).

It is possible this warframe was found empty and turned against us. Remember the Corpus have experimented on Warframes before (Valkyr, Zanuka), and so may have found a way to utilise them.

Also, the Chroma we fight attacks Corpus, as well as us, inside a Derelict (infested area).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348698-theory-post-humanism-and-the-possible-impact-on-tenno-and-their-culture/

While we don't know for sure, it seems likely that there is no human inside a warframe. A Tenno is a human consciousness that moves between different frames. So a frame without a mind controlling it is a mindless beast (presumably, we keep ours frozen in stasis). A frame without a Tenno mind could be controlled by something else that can channel void energy

Regarding abilities, the Tenno were powerful psychic children while we were human (psychic meaning we can channel the Void energy). Because the Warframes are basically controlled Infestation, they can also channel Void energy. I'm pretty sure the type of abilities available are determined by the individual frame while the immense power comes from the mind of the Tenno, so a Warframe without a Tenno probably can't cast abilities with much force, backed up by Infested Ancients not casting abilities on that rival our own

Edited by EversorNinja

• 2 months later...

Backs up my theory: Warframes are Sentients that sampled void energy to copy it, and went insane with pain as their forms went through the process of constant adaptation to contain a destructive energy that does not conform to the rules of our universe. (See Protorhino entry)

Children of Zariman could control the power, but it slowly destroyed their bodies (Hence the stasis).

It very well could be that Orokin military scientists tested Void/infested energy on Captured Sentients which forced a transformation into Infested copies.

In a nutshell, the Sentient found a host to take away the pain and solidify a form, and the Zariman found a void-resistant body to mold and amplify their powers.

My hunch is that the magic ingredients for this are Hayden Tenno's genetic bloodline and the Technocyte virus.

Chroma seems to be the symbiosis of an infested and a (Tenno-less?) Warframe that can exist in either Universe, but this explanation doesn't quite make sense.

AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHO OR WHAT WAS CONTROLLING IT, DE.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73