Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide For The Maniac

Mastikator2

Question

The Maniac is a new grineer enemy that has two abilities, invisibility and teleporting, when damaged he will become invisible and run away and heal himself.

When attacking he'll use teleport to get into melee range and then do a melee attack that can pin you down and do good damage.

To avoid being pinned down you need to keep moving, do not stand still for a second, even when sniping (yes, not even then). Don't have to spring, just run in circles. This will also make ranged enemies slightly less accurate.

To kill him you need massive damage, preferable a sniper or similar type weapon, a continuous weapon will make him run. If you can stun, stagger or knock him down that will prevent him from escaping.

Yeah that's really all there is to it, don't stand still and don't let him escape. If you do that he's barely more dangerous than a lancer. Seriously.

9 answers to this question

The only problem I have with the Manic are the stupid invincibility phases (when he glows red and takes no damage). I saw him attack me, I saw him go invisible and run off,  he thinks he's safe but I know where he is... LET ME KILL HIM!

Edit: Other than that, he's actually pretty fun to fight :)

Edited by Grander.Alderman

Never stand still,she's looking to slap yo butt

Run in circle and try to always aim behind u

Use high dmg 1 shot weapon(preferably shotgun) to blast her &#!

My boar prime only need 1 point blank shot to kill her immediately

I'm still looking for manic for scanning purpose(I'm on my 2nd scan already) and I'm quite surprised when I know that manic is actually a female grineer

1. Listen for the laugh and camp out in a cleared room.

2. Watch as the nutcase pops up and teleports five times in a second.

3. Put on your best pair of sunglasses, make a sandwich and strut around in circles looking cool if you didn't bring a weapon that does high damage in one shot because you're gonna be here a while. (If you did, congratulations! Encounter is essentially over).

4. Whack-a-mole time! Walk around in circles imposingly while holding down the fire button on your continuous weapon whenever he draws near, watching the flood of 0s from his health bar pop up on your screen. Land a few lucky hits in the half-second he tries to attack you, blow the smoke out of your gun, and reload.

5. Try to do it enough times in a row that the Manic dies before regenerating. If he manages to regenerate, go back to step 4.

6. Moan about how you've got better things to do with your time, stop walking/try to go to the next room only for the Manic to inflict a lucky slash proc that chops off 400+ health.
7. Get your face hugged, watch a little cinematic, and finish your sandwich.

8. Get back up and shoot him in the face for 0 damage, while expending health restores or healing abilities.

9. Repeat steps 4-8 until the cycle is broken and you kill him.

If the above worked, congratulations! You've cleared a regular mid-level Grineer Manic encounter. Hope you didn't run out of sandwiches, though, because he's going to show up in every Grineer mission past Mercury from now on...

Edited by Rebulite