Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Is Not Communicating Well What Their Goal Is With Pvp

elele

As title says, DE, are you: 

trying to please the dedicated but small player base of the Old Conclave? 

trying to attract PVP players from other ability-based MMO games? 

trying to attract PVP players from hardcore high skill ceiling shooters? 

trying to attract COD players? 

trying to convert PVE players of Warframe into PVP players? 

trying to attract those that enjoyed spamming Ash and Mesa in Dark Sector Conflicts? 

These goals simply just don't mix. That's why everyone is complaining, about something. DE you guys need to tell us what your goal is with this PVP, otherwise people will complain because this is not what they "expected" (Who knows what the hell their expectation is?).  

Isn't it obvious?

PvP is endgame content. In every MMORPG, once players have 'finished' their character, they have 3 choices. 

1. Make a new character

2. PvP

3. Quit the game

Obviously 'making a new character' isn't possible in Warframe, and DE obviously don't want players to leave the game. That leaves option 2.

Edit: There actually is a hidden option I forgot about:

4. Replay the same PvE content you have played hundreds of times before for no real benefit or reward.

This option just seems too ludicrous to me that I didn't even consider it at first.

Edited by Whytee

Yea im pretty sure they have stated a couple times in the last few dev streams what their pvp goals are

That's as generic as it can be. They might as well just say "introducing an exciting, fantastic and revolutionary new feature of social-based player interaction with awesome abilities, fluid movement and gunplay". And they would have described every PVP game on this planet without actually saying anything. 

Either way, if DE think they have communicated well with their goals, then they deserve to see negative feedbacks everywhere. 

That's as generic as it can be. They might as well just say "introducing an exciting, fantastic and revolutionary new feature of social-based player interaction with awesome abilities, fluid movement and gunplay". And they would have described every PVP game on this planet without actually saying anything. 

Either way, if DE think they have communicated well with their goals, then they deserve to see negative feedbacks everywhere. 

They deserve to have negative feedback because you dont understand their goals?

They deserve to have negative feedback because you dont understand their goals?

Because generic PR-friendly catchphrases are clearly addressing players' concern? 

YOU  as a moderator and obviously a deputy-PR person, might please just enlighten me: is DE's goal attracting new players who are inexperienced at PVP, or attracting experienced Conclave veterans? Are they trying to do both? Well clearly they're failing at achieving both because both camps are complaining. 

WHERE do I find this info? Please kindly let me know. 

Edited by elele

Because generic PR-friendly catchphrases are clearly addressing players' concern? 

YOU  as a moderator and obviously a deputy-PR person, might please just enlighten me: is DE's goal attracting new players who are inexperienced at PVP, or attracting experienced Conclave veterans? Are they trying to do both? Well clearly they're failing at achieving both because both camps are complaining. 

WHERE do I find this info? Please kindly let me know. 

Well Its still early, pvp has barely been out for more than 2 days and it takes a lot more time than that to get a game/game mode in a good place. So of course people are complaining. Some people expect everything to be perfect or great or bug free etc when new stuff launches in this game, but if you look at the history of Warframe it always takes time.

I actually dont look at most of it as complaining, but providing feedback so the game mode can provide what they expect of it.

Will them telling you their goal in a forum post suddenly make your experience playing PVP 2.0 better?

Or is it the lack of understanding what they intend that is getting to you and not the current early state of the game mode?

but if you look at the history of Warframe it always takes time.

Balancing PvP in any game takes time.

Heck, most games take years of tweaking and balancing to get it right.

The 'goal' should be to keep the players who get bored of shooting AI all day playing Warframe.

I still feel DE should have started with the basics, though. Keep it simple - TDM, for example.

The most fun I've been having in the new mode is when all 8 players agree not to capture, and simply run around fighting.

Edited by Whytee

I still feel DE should have started with the basics, though. Keep it simple - TDM, for example.

I think an interception like game mode would have been a better start with PvP 2.0.

But I agree that DE should have started with a more simple game mode.

Edited by Rakshal

You know, if you listen to Raiden in the relay, he says the conclave will give us the skills needed to defeat the sentients, if DE is actually trying to push such thing i would be very amazed, now if they manage to accomplish that, thats other conversation xd

Edited by rockscl

Balancing PvP in any game takes time.

Heck, most games take years of tweaking and balancing to get it right.

The 'goal' should be to keep the players who get bored of shooting AI all day playing Warframe.

Oh I definitely agree with you, on another note I should have the new PvP megathread out tomorrow or Monday so we can get this feedback/ideas organized!

Well Its still early, pvp has barely been out for more than 2 days and it takes a lot more time than that to get a game/game mode in a good place. So of course people are complaining. Some people expect everything to be perfect or great or bug free etc when new stuff launches in this game, but if you look at the history of Warframe it always takes time.

I actually dont look at most of it as complaining, but providing feedback so the game mode can provide what they expect of it.

Will them telling you their goal in a forum post suddenly make your experience playing PVP 2.0 better?

Or is it the lack of understanding what they intend that is getting to you and not the current early state of the game mode?

Hey I'm having fun with the PVP here. I take what I get and have fun. That's my motto. All I'm worried is I don't want the PVP to die (or degenerate into the bug-fested full-of-exploit Dark Sector Conflict). 

But when you see half of the forum asking for "faster movement and more copter/slingshot, make it more like the old Conclave!", and the other half asking for "slower movement and let's get rid of copter altogether!"  you know the developers are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whatever they do, they're gonna anger everyone. 

Now if they let us know what they're trying to do in the beginning, at least some of the people can forgive the beta-stuff and stick around.  

But when you see half of the forum asking for "faster movement and more copter/slingshot, make it more like the old Conclave!", and the other half asking for "slower movement and let's get rid of copter altogether!"  you know the developers are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whatever they do, they're gonna anger everyone. 

No, it's just because the majority of players (and even a lot of seasoned PvP'ers) don't know squat about game balance and how to achieve it.

Lets just hope the DE devs do (ha.. hahah.....ha)

No, it's just because the majority of players (and even a lot of seasoned PvP'ers) don't know squat about game balance and how to achieve it.

Lets just hope the DE devs do (ha.. hahah.....ha)

I pretty much agree on this. which is why I think DE should come out and state their goal and firmly stand their ground. 

Hey I'm having fun with the PVP here. I take what I get and have fun. That's my motto. All I'm worried is I don't want the PVP to die (or degenerate into the bug-fested full-of-exploit Dark Sector Conflict). 

Now if they let us know what they're trying to do in the beginning, at least some of the people can forgive the beta-stuff and stick around.  

I wouldnt worry about it too much, this happens in pretty much every game, and I know that the pvp devs are reasonable.

But honestly we just have to wait and see. A lot of the feedback right now is more reactive knee jerk "this is all new and here is what I think feedback" In a week or two we will start to see what people think after the dust has settled and the newness has warn out.

You are right.

Even if I do not share your opinion about pvp balance, I do agree that DE did not communicate their goal.

We don't know how important guns should be, how important melee weapons should be, how important abilities should be and we also don't know how they want the players to move.

The map design, the melee design, the gun design and the ability desgin all of them go in a clear direction. But I do not know if this is intended, if it will stay like this.

This is really important, because I will quit the game, if I do not like the (current) direction. Warframe's playstyle was unique, but I am sure that there are other shooters with similar strengths out there.