The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Dyeing

(XBOX)FunKingWax79

And that's what DE is adding to and changing constantly... the foundation in place.

Really? That's why the gunplay is still the same as its been since Damage 2.0, the melee system hasn't been improved in a year, the abilities are constantly being broken, the mod system still has all the flaws its had since Damage 2.0...

DE's making progress, but slowly. They devote most of their time to the "big new thing" that ends up being forgotten and neglected. And then they need another "big new thing" (in between constant drops of little new things) to keep people going.

have you ever heard of 'The Boy who Cried Wolf"?

tl;dr - you have no idea what you're talking about.

if you're seeing few Players or something like that, far more likely to be some sort of networking bug or something that is making you perceive less Players.

its alright some might take it as dead,or not since its still in developing...forgive warframe, id rather see and play warframe grow while its still in development(the game is still in development)

you can say any online game is in development.

reality is the game has been taking payments from people for quite some time and is long passed some type of beta stage.

just saying. 

Really? That's why the gunplay is still the same as its been since Damage 2.0, the melee system hasn't been improved in a year, the abilities are constantly being broken, the mod system still has all the flaws its had since Damage 2.0...

DE's making progress, but slowly. They devote most of their time to the "big new thing" that ends up being forgotten and neglected. And then they need another "big new thing" (in between constant drops of little new things) to keep people going.

Gunplay and melee - nothing that bad that's fundamentally wrong in those and they sure as hell aren't reasons why people are quitting this game / are getting bored of this game. Could they have some improvements? Of course. But they are low on the long priority list.

Abilities are in a constant state of revision.

Tell me what flaws the modding system has? Because I don't think the modding system itself inherently has any flaws, but rather the mods themselves/rng/grind costs of the mods which are the problem. Yes, DE devotes most of their time to the "big new thing", mostly because that "big new thing" is a huge game changer (Liset, new UI) and/or are the fundamentals for another huge extra branch of Warframe that will constantly get better and better (Archwing, Liset, new UI, PvP 2.0, Raids) and drastically increase the lifetime/ambition and size of this game. 

Gunplay and melee - nothing that bad that's fundamentally wrong in those and they sure as hell aren't reasons why people are quitting this game / are getting bored of this game. Could they have some improvements? Of course. But they are low on the long priority list.

Abilities are in a constant state of revision.

Tell me what flaws the modding system has? Because I don't think the modding system itself inherently has any flaws, but rather the mods themselves/rng/grind costs of the mods which are the problem. Yes, DE devotes most of their time to the "big new thing", mostly because that "big new thing" is a huge game changer (Liset, new UI) and/or are the fundamentals for another huge extra branch of Warframe that will constantly get better and better (Archwing, Liset, new UI, PvP 2.0, Raids) and drastically increase the lifetime/ambition and size of this game.

Gunplay--high TTK horde mode that diminishes the value of parkour, melee, and abilities, instead making only superpowerful guns and abilities worthwhile. Moreover, the enemy attacks are too often completely unavoidable and again, only promote killing everything before it sees you over any other aspects of the game.

Melee: Spam one button for a flawed combo system, where combos don't make sense based on the button inputs (little control), there's little ability to close distances without being shot to death (the stamina system is ridiculous), and there's no reward for using melee over guns.

Abilties are in a constant state of revision, but the revisions only fix symptoms, not the actual problems. At low levels, badly metered ultimates wipe away everything. At high ones, incipacitating enemies is the only way to survive, so you get to chose between fighting vegetables and dying.

Modding system: First of all, the mods themselves are part of the modding system. Second, some provide ridiculous bonuses that undermine even offering other choices and break other systems in the game (like the aforementioned energy system), while others are completely worthless. There's little choice for weapons--choose between garbage bonuses or actually being able to kill things, and the choice in warframe mods is between not being good at anything and specializing your frame so you can continuously press a single button.

Archwing, PVP, and Raids are built upon this flawed foundation. The new UI (do you mean U12?) was actually an improvement, but the Liset was another sidegrade that ultimately didn't change the game at its heart.

With all these so called updates. They are killing game play 4 all xbox players , making it even hard 2 farm cerdits 2 changing warframe abilitys. Warframe needs 2 stick with one online game plane ad leave it be NOT flip floping ur killing the game as a hole

English please.

All u pc user can blast all u want, WARFRAME is dead 4 xbox players due 2 this udate flip floping from warframe

What do you mean by "flip floping"? I'm on ps4 and sure sometimes it does feel dead but it is not. I still see tons of people playing. But again what do you mean by flip floping? Ps4 got the same update and nothing is wrong.

Edited by (PS4)freakyassassin24

Maybe on Xbox. I've heard the same from PS players as well.

We're doing fine on PC though. I think it's the long update times on console that are killing you guys.

Hardly, if anything i saw way more players these last 2 months than at other times bar launch, when ps4 had literally no games.

Community is just fine, if the game actually deserves it after making everything harder without proper balance is another story.

Gunplay--high TTK horde mode that diminishes the value of parkour, melee, and abilities, instead making only superpowerful guns and abilities worthwhile. Moreover, the enemy attacks are too often completely unavoidable and again, only promote killing everything before it sees you over any other aspects of the game.

This has more to do with enemy spawning, map design, and damage calculation and scaling than it does just a vague descriptor of "gunplay." All of which are things on DE's radar. Also, in no way does "gunplay" diminish the use of abilities. Das a joke.

Melee: Spam one button for a flawed combo system, where combos don't make sense based on the button inputs (little control), there's little ability to close distances without being shot to death (the stamina system is ridiculous), and there's no reward for using melee over guns.

This is true. I'll give you that. But it's nothing people are quitting the game in droves over.

Abilties are in a constant state of revision, but the revisions only fix symptoms, not the actual problems. At low levels, badly metered ultimates wipe away everything. At high ones, incipacitating enemies is the only way to survive, so you get to chose between fighting vegetables and dying.

This has nothing to do with abilities, and everything to do with scaling. Damage falls off no matter what.

And the fact that DE fixes the "symptoms", and not the actual causes, is true. It's awful - but don't you think that the root causes of why DE feels like they should nerf things are not because of the abilities themselves, but infact the rewards that are so horridly and minimally distributed? 

Modding system: First of all, the mods themselves are part of the modding system. Second, some provide ridiculous bonuses that undermine even offering other choices and break other systems in the game (like the aforementioned energy system), while others are completely worthless. There's little choice for weapons--choose between garbage bonuses or actually being able to kill things, and the choice in warframe mods is between not being good at anything and specializing your frame so you can continuously press a single button.

So, arguing with this would just be arguing semantics since your only problems with the "modding system", are, infact, the mods themselves. What I consider the "modding system" to be is the system we have that consists of the ideas of modding slots, modding capacity, forma-ing things, potato-ing things, and the like. Not the actual mods that we have to make use of that system with.

Like, let's take this analogy. Say you think the President and people in Congress are bad, and you want new people elected. So you hypothetically elect new people, and are perfectly happy with everything then. Did you originally have a problem with the "government system", or the "people inside the government"? The people inside it, of course. And now that those are changed, you are happy with everything.

Same idea here. Do you have a problem with how we mod things, and how everything works - or with what we are able to mod things with, i.e., the mods themselves? You seemingly have a problem with the mods themselves, which wouldn't require a change of the "modding system" in order to be changes. Just like we wouldn't require a change of the "government system" in order to change who's in the government.

Again, I'm just arguing semantics here, so it's all useless. Just thought I'd show my point.

Archwing, PVP, and Raids are built upon this flawed foundation. The new UI (do you mean U12?) was actually an improvement, but the Liset was another sidegrade that ultimately didn't change the game at its heart.

No, I mean U14. You know, the update that included the new UI and the Liset?

The Liset ultimately didn't change the game at it's heart? Is that a joke? It allowed for an entirely new and improved New Player Experience, and a much deeper sense of immersion, along with a generally more interesting and clearer sense of how to do things, and just a completely different feeling when playing the game. It's changed the game at it's heart the most out of any of the previous updates we've gotten. 

you can say any online game is in development.

reality is the game has been taking payments from people for quite some time and is long passed some type of beta stage.

just saying. 

Uh, no.  Taking money doesn't end a beta stage automatically, beta and cash store are not mutually exclusive, that's your opinion.

As long as DE says the game is in Beta, it's still in beta.

This has more to do with enemy spawning, map design, and damage calculation and scaling than it does just a vague descriptor of "gunplay." All of which are things on DE's radar. Also, in no way does "gunplay" diminish the use of abilities. Das a joke.

This is true. I'll give you that. But it's nothing people are quitting the game in droves over.

This has nothing to do with abilities, and everything to do with scaling. Damage falls off no matter what.

And the fact that DE fixes the "symptoms", and not the actual causes, is true. It's awful - but don't you think that the root causes of why DE feels like they should nerf things are not because of the abilities themselves, but infact the rewards that are so horridly and minimally distributed? 

So, arguing with this would just be arguing semantics since your only problems with the "modding system", are, infact, the mods themselves. What I consider the "modding system" to be is the system we have that consists of the ideas of modding slots, modding capacity, forma-ing things, potato-ing things, and the like. Not the actual mods that we have to make use of that system with.

Like, let's take this analogy. Say you think the President and people in Congress are bad, and you want new people elected. So you hypothetically elect new people, and are perfectly happy with everything then. Did you originally have a problem with the "government system", or the "people inside the government"? The people inside it, of course. And now that those are changed, you are happy with everything.

Same idea here. Do you have a problem with how we mod things, and how everything works - or with what we are able to mod things with, i.e., the mods themselves? You seemingly have a problem with the mods themselves, which wouldn't require a change of the "modding system" in order to be changes. Just like we wouldn't require a change of the "government system" in order to change who's in the government.

Again, I'm just arguing semantics here, so it's all useless. Just thought I'd show my point.

No, I mean U14. You know, the update that included the new UI and the Liset?

The Liset ultimately didn't change the game at it's heart? Is that a joke? It allowed for an entirely new and improved New Player Experience, and a much deeper sense of immersion, along with a generally more interesting and clearer sense of how to do things, and just a completely different feeling when playing the game. It's changed the game at it's heart the most out of any of the previous updates we've gotten.

Is it a joke? Why are almost all of the single/small target abilities--Slash Dash, Freeze, Well of Life, Mesa's 1st, Tempest Barrage, etc. considered bad? Probably because compared to guns, they're a waste of effort and energy. As for what you said about me using "gunplay", fine. I was too vague. I don't feel like playing word games.

This is only true if you ignore the other half of what I said, about damage abilities in the starchart. I said both because you can't mention one and ignore the other, otherwise it seems like there's a solution when there isn't.

Second semantic argument: The president and Congress are part of the governmental system, as is whatever allowed them to be there. But whatever, it's far beside the point.

U12 redesigned the in-game UI, so don't be so snappy. The Liset changed how the game is presented. However, it didn't change the gameplay which is what I consider the foundation of any game.

Is it a joke? Why are almost all of the single/small target abilities--Slash Dash, Freeze, Well of Life, Mesa's 1st, Tempest Barrage, etc. considered bad? Probably because compared to guns, they're a waste of effort and energy. As for what you said about me using "gunplay", fine. I was too vague. I don't feel like playing word games.

This is only true if you ignore the other half of what I said, about damage abilities in the starchart. I said both because you can't mention one and ignore the other, otherwise it seems like there's a solution when there isn't.

Second semantic argument: The president and Congress are part of the governmental system, as is whatever allowed them to be there. But whatever, it's far beside the point.

U12 redesigned the in-game UI, so don't be so snappy. The Liset changed how the game is presented. However, it didn't change the gameplay which is what I consider the foundation of any game.

Probably because those abilities are simply damage abilities with no Utility benefits and we all know how damage falls off. But even some pure-damage abilities like (Peacemaker, R Jav) aren't diminished at all by "gunplay" and are in fact used instead of it, until damage falls off and the use of both further begin to fade, which actually in turn promotes the use of more utility abilities - so actually, gunplay doesn't really diminish the use of abilities at all. It's mostly either used with CC abilities complementing it, or just with pure damage abilities being used instead of that. Either that, or it, along with abilities, are used in a balanced and normal amount. Or, some just don't like abilities that much and use mostly their weapons.

Wait, so what are you talking about when you say U12 redesigned the in-game UI? U14 literally revamped the UI along with adding the Liset. Unless, of course, what you mean by "in-game" UI, you mean in-mission UI, in which case, you'd mean the HUD. In which case, that change is alot less significant than the complete re-doing of everything else that has to do with the UI and the player experience. In which case, either way, what I'm arguing is pointless since at this point it's purely subjective.

Screw it, we're POST COUNT TWINS :DDDD

Probably because those abilities are simply damage abilities with no Utility benefits and we all know how damage falls off. But even some pure-damage abilities like (Peacemaker, R Jav) aren't diminished at all by "gunplay" and are in fact used instead of it, until damage falls off and the use of both further begin to fade, which actually in turn promotes the use of more utility abilities - so actually, gunplay doesn't really diminish the use of abilities at all. It's mostly either used with CC abilities complementing it, or just with pure damage abilities being used instead of that. Either that, or it, along with abilities, are used in a balanced and normal amount. Or, some just don't like abilities that much and use mostly their weapons.

Wait, so what are you talking about when you say U12 redesigned the in-game UI? U14 literally revamped the UI along with adding the Liset. Unless, of course, what you mean by "in-game" UI, you mean in-mission UI, in which case, you'd mean the HUD. In which case, that change is alot less significant than the complete re-doing of everything else that has to do with the UI and the player experience. In which case, either way, what I'm arguing is pointless since at this point it's purely subjective.

Screw it, we're POST COUNT TWINS :DDDD

So are several ultimates--but those are damage abilities that actually outdamage (by virtue of hitting a large number of targets) guns. But because the TTK is so low, there's no point in using a damage ability on something you can kill in a tenth of a second anyway. And when the enemies scale upward those damage abilities are still worth less than just shooting the enemy. Scaling is also a problem with the core gameplay.

I think you could consider the HUD UI, but I'll be honest, that was just stupidity on my part. It was a small change, but the updates were smaller then--it wasn't "the big thing" all of the subsequent ones have seemed to need.

But as you said, screw it! You have to reply just to keep the twinness going.

It was a pun u haters , ad if u think four one sec warframe is not dieing ur a retard, de has flip flopped so mutch of the game, ad killing it four xbox players, also de is so fixed on kissing pc users they are not even thinking adout xbox players, execpt flip flopping nerfing ad killing credit farm thanks de four ur show of love four xbox players