Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helicoptering : Why Is It Still In The Game? O_O

TheJagji

So because people want to run missions in a timely manner, you want DE to nerf or remove anything that can enable people to complete missions in a timely manner?

Sorry but that's just childish and selfish.

Nerf coptering, add different movement options that allow players to go fast. Bam. Movement is no longer restricted to whatever melee you may have, and you can still rush the game into the ground.

I wholeheartedly agree. It needs to be removed. 

1. It looks stupid as hell.

2. It breaks immersion.

3. It punishes those who do not know how to do it.

4. It punishes those who refuse to do it.

5. It forces people to try their hardest to keep up.

6. Rushers who go down complain that their team is too slow and/or did not help them.

7. Makes it easy to skip gunfights, which is wrong.

8. Makes it easy to complete objectives, which is wrong. 

9. Some people actually like having to fight their way through the various rooms.

10. Some people actually like having to fight their way to reach their ojective.

11. Some people actually don't want to look stupid while breaking immersion.

The list just goes on and on. The only people disagreeing are the people who exploit it.

I also hope Parkour 2.0 removes it. No twisting of words will justify it's existence, sorry. 

did you know? the game punishes people who don't know how to aim, prioritize objectives, or navigate in 3D space too! Better remove those things from the game and shift it to mobile consoles for big $$$

No, sorry but this is not an excuse. If people can't be arsed to learn a gameplay mechanic then they SHOULD be punished, period. That's the entire point of mechanical barriers in games.

Also, the whole 'coptering looks stupid/breaks immersion' thing is the biggest crutch for this argument and people really need to stop using it. No it doesn't look particularly more silly than any of the other more strange animations in this game. If anything, coptering actually has a pretty decent 'flinging' snap to the animation on most weapons that makes it feel like something that SHOULD move you faster through the air, physics be damned.

Directional Melee is hardly any better. Half of the time it makes your tenno look like they're doing breast stroke through the air. Yet do we see people whining about that?

Edited by Fundance

did you know? the game punishes people who don't know how to aim, prioritize objectives, or navigate in 3D space too! Better remove those things from the game and shift it to mobile consoles for big $$$

Hey, people on the feedback forums are already asking for this with requests to make the game easier and make every frame win with the press of a button.  DE seems to be listening, so we're closer than you think!

Edited by RealPandemonium

Nerf coptering, add different movement options that allow players to go fast. Bam. Movement is no longer restricted to whatever melee you may have, and you can still rush the game into the ground.

Ok i got it, lets make coptering be a thing on all melees, so no need to worry if you use a scindo, you can just reach your friends normally.

Or just make running a super ninja sonic running, so no need to even copter ( besides flying over pits )

Ok i got it, lets make coptering be a thing on all melees, so no need to worry if you use a scindo, you can just reach your friends normally.

Or just make running a super ninja sonic running, so no need to even copter ( besides flying over pits )

Never. Volt Is the Only True Sonic Frame.

So because people want to run missions in a timely manner, you want DE to nerf or remove anything that can enable people to complete missions in a timely manner?

Sorry but that's just childish and selfish.

If running missions quickly involves spinning around like a helicopter instead of actually running, you have a problem.

Unless you have a group of like-minded friends that you can play with, if you intend to play a mission without trying to go as fast as you can it's probably best you stick with solo mode unless it's a defense, survival, excavation or interception where speed really doesn't matter..

I tend to use cover and explore maps. Sometimes I try to stealth out capture missions just for the added challenge.. Apparently, not many others share my ideas.

And this isn't just a Warframe specific issue. Some people just like to go fast, in everything they do.

Edited by Vyeth