Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helicoptering : Why Is It Still In The Game? O_O

TheJagji

Glady comming back for Trolls,like ive said,so...

To begin with:

Dude. There are so many things I want to say to you right now, I almost feel bad for you, as this is actually a serious disorder:

"psychopath - a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc." (Dictionary.com)

^Exactly that would apply to you,even more so than to me,

unable to feel bad for me (lol),

calling me a psychopath,

assuming an serious disorder, ect, ect, ect...

you know the basic content of your Post yourself,

just another case of ''pick your own Nose first''.

I reply in a similar manner,in which somebody is stepping up at me,

all my posts you gathered up,are totally out of the actual context,

you just picked what serves you best,removed things ive said AGAINST Coptering (guess why),and tryd to make me look like the Devil,

and im not going to repost and Quote every single Post ive sent an reply at,

just go back an take a second look (wich you probably wont,or just try to pull it out of context again and twist my words),

Some of those Quotes that might sound kinda harsh, reading them totally out of context,

went out to people who were calling me stupid,

posts with ''arguments'' like: ''So? And your Point is?'',

dealing with Troll #1, ect ect...

Also, if you think that im the most Offensive voice here,well...

then you totally took that Cake for yourself by now:

You however, seem absolutely incapable of any empathy whatsoever. I almost feel bad for you, as this is actually a serious disorder

I imagine you will probably respond to this with something along the lines of "lol deal wiht it." Prove me wrong. Do it. You can't, because you are physically incapable of civil discussion.

This game has a generally great community, but people like you ruin all of that.

I am blatantly stating that you have a mental disorder. Take that as you will.

you'll find that even your "allies" despise you.

So,do i seriously even have to say anything about:

I dare you to make a civil argument without resorting to petty insults

its just another case of ''picking your own Nose first''

And:

Just to clear things up, there is nothing indirect here. I am blatantly stating that you have a mental disorder. Take that as you will.

^Did i actually talk with YOU,when you were ''replying'' that to me, Quoting my ''And thanks for indirectly calling me stupid'' ?

Once again you take something ive said, out of context,not Topic related, just to flip another little insult my way,

cant be any more obvious that this was not indirectly,i get it,no worries,but thanks for clearing things up.

Should we talk a little about your own mental state,the things you say and do,the assumptions,the way you ''work'',Dr. Emberlynx?

We could totally do that,up to you,or we can save time,and make it short, but to sum it up quickly...

Your Nose man,once again,and i gladly point out exactly why,in all the details, if you insist.

About Empathy and Love,

im full of that,and i could glady redirect you to some of my Friends,hell, even to my GF to prove it,

but you wont do that anyway,and i would also prefer to not bother them because of something like you.

Not much i can prove here about that,and i wont do anyway, simply not worth it at all.

But if you expect me to send an ''I love you'' your way,

then yea,youre freaking wrong (probably).

Again,i reply in a similar manner that somebody is stepping up at me,like i am doing it with you right now,

and this place here wasnt really ''full of love'' at all,atleast definitely not in this Thread for the VERY most part,

like you dont seem to be a bundle of joy and love either to be honost > ''you harvest what you plant''

I actually somewhat agree with your point of coptering making other mechanics like speed mods and frames less relevant

Nice little attempt here to keep it Topic,but that wont do it ill guess.

your post will most probably get removed,the same like mine right here will,

but im fine with it,since im done ''debating'' here,spinning around like a broken record,replying to the same arguments that have been brought up several times already, along dealing with insults and very constructive things like '' So? And your Point is?'' ect ect.

But,like i also said,im glady comming back in for Trolls like you,bait or not,dont care,reasons have been told,

and im sure that atleast a very few out there,silently reading, get some entertainment from it,so lets have fun while it lasts. :)

-and yes you ARE a Troll,slightly above average level i gotta admit,but still just a Troll (Go on,deny it),

i glady get on your level,and totally follow you offtopic,because ''dont feed the Trolls'' simply aint doing it for me,

so keep it comming, if i still tickle your feels, you bundle full of love and joy who makes a great addition to the Community. ;)

PS: i Love you ! <3

Edit: For those who might not know,

''In internetslang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion'' -Wiki

Edited by Spectrah

welp if ya want to do that then get ready for people just doing the slide run slide again just like i still do... and plus i dont want to spend over 20 min in a tf capture i want to spend 2min and play it that way on solo... but are you talking about lower level stuff like 40 and below? if so then i could see that but in lvl 80 to 150 you kinda half to copter about

To answer your title; it's still in the game because like slide jump launching, it's a sort of 'exploit' to the movement system that has wormed its way into core gameplay. Contrary to popular belief, coptering is not solely or even mostly used as a means of transport only.

You'll always get people with differing playstyles in coop games. Nerfing the one you don't like is not the answer.

Coptering making it's way into the game was a mistake. It makes the game look ridiculous, and the maps were never designed to accommodate it.

Also, when a style of play invalidates all other ways to play the game, that is EXACTLY the time to nerf.

Especially considering that nerfing/removing coptering would actually make you play the game, exposing you to the myriad of it's other(less exploitable) flaws, and perhaps even allowing you to give informed feedback on how to improve the content you've need skipping before.

Coptering making it's way into the game was a mistake. It makes the game look ridiculous, and the maps were never designed to accommodate it.

Also, when a style of play invalidates all other ways to play the game, that is EXACTLY the time to nerf.

Especially considering that nerfing/removing coptering would actually make you play the game, exposing you to the myriad of it's other(less exploitable) flaws, and perhaps even allowing you to give informed feedback on how to improve the content you've need skipping before.

If it actually invalidated all other ways to play the game, then I would recognize it as a problem.

But it doesn't.

Edit: I'm refering to coptering as a way to complete maps in record time, especially on Assasination missions, and then proceed to single-handely kill the boss and/or everything else, while the other players are left to just run to extraction without any chance to actually play (by that I mean fight some enemies).

Personally, I just hate that. I know you might want to finish the level quickly, but I want to actually see Phorid sometimes, damn it. Suddenly you're still running around, stopping to kill some enemies, loot what you can, and generally enjoy the actual game, when the sudden, brief screen blur of "someone has reached him" and inmediatly afterwards Lotus says he's already dead. It's just ridiculous. And that's just a single example.

I hate it as much as having someone so über that he kills everything present in half a second, room after room, without any chance for the rest of us to even enjoy a single fight. It becomes a simple "follow me". Usually accompanied by Boltor Prime sounds and an extreme use of Mirage holograms. Not against those particular rifle and Warframe, just how I see them usually used.

Edited by Necroledo

Edit: I'm refering to coptering as a way to complete maps in record time, especially on Assasination missions, and then proceed to single-handely kill the boss and/or everything else, while the other players are left to just run to extraction without any chance to actually play (by that I mean fight some enemies).

Personally, I just hate that. I know you might want to finish the level quickly, but I want to actually see Phorid sometimes, damn it. Suddenly you're still running around, stopping to kill some enemies, loot what you can, and generally enjoy the actual game, when the sudden, brief screen blur of "someone has reached him" and inmediatly afterwards Lotus says he's already dead. It's just ridiculous. And that's just a single example.

I hate it as much as having someone so über that he kills everything present in half a second, room after room, without any chance for the rest of us to even enjoy a single fight. It becomes a simple "follow me". Usually accompanied by Boltor Prime sounds and an extreme use of Mirage holograms. Not against those particular rifle and Warframe, just how I see them usually used.

I just rushed Forid with Zephyr without the others catching up.

By this same logic, zephyr should be nerfed. #NerfZephyr

Damn those damage frames doing damage. #NerfDamageframes

Damn CC frames OP CC, #NerfCCframes. etc

F*** yo frame roles, I'm an independent Tenno that don't need no frame. #Nerfeverything

Let's just play CoD in space. #DowntoFrametriarchy.

Enough silliness. Please, oh please just reconsider your wishes, These frames have their roles. No one will look down on you if you recruit a squad admitting you're new and need help. Once you get new frames and mods, you can start playing harder difficulties, where this problem of yours is no more. Join a nice clan, I'd even invite you to mine if you wanted. We have a very nice atmosphere and help eachother out all the time.

TL;DR People want to play the way they want to play. Change your multiplayer to Private, invite people who you know respect your playstyle.

Edited by BloodForTheBloodGods

Most weapons are unsuitable for coptering in the first place (spoiled strike and no fury.)  We also might as well take out directional melee, flip jumping, and wall vaulting.

Coptering doesn't hurt the game; 4spam, godmodes, and overpowered weapons that one-shot enemies into the 80s are what hurt the game and make flying through missions possible.  

Most weapons are unsuitable for coptering in the first place (spoiled strike and no fury.)  We also might as well take out directional melee, flip jumping, and wall vaulting.

Coptering doesn't hurt the game; 4spam, godmodes, and overpowered weapons that one-shot enemies into the 80s are what hurt the game and make flying through missions possible.  

Is it to much to ask to separate coptering from weapons and make it a real move instead of this glitchy look?

Then it wouldn't look so alien in it's environment and everyone can use his favorite melee weapon of choice.

^ That was probably the most meaningful and constructive suggestion in this whole thread. 

In the mean time, I'm going to continue WTFCoptering pass everything and everyone.

GG 

The real issue here is not the difference in power level that allows omgwtfbbq or the understanding of the games mechanics that allows one person to be at the boss before the rest of the squad realizes that 'oh hey, the boss is this way'.  It's the fact that we have no generic matchmaking tools.  Sure we can go to recruiting or our clan to find people that want to play the way we want to at this particular moment, but there is no setting that indicates what type of players you want to be paired with (e.g. players of similar mr, players of higher mr, players who rush, players who take the scenic route, etc.).  That's the problem, we have all these choices about playstyle available to us but no easy tools to ensure we are playing with people who optimize our experience.

The real issue here is not the difference in power level that allows omgwtfbbq or the understanding of the games mechanics that allows one person to be at the boss before the rest of the squad realizes that 'oh hey, the boss is this way'.  It's the fact that we have no generic matchmaking tools.  Sure we can go to recruiting or our clan to find people that want to play the way we want to at this particular moment, but there is no setting that indicates what type of players you want to be paired with (e.g. players of similar mr, players of higher mr, players who rush, players who take the scenic route, etc.).  That's the problem, we have all these choices about playstyle available to us but no easy tools to ensure we are playing with people who optimize our experience.

I completely agree with this, the only problem being, at times it already difficult to find a squad for specific missions (alerts/invasions the exception).

Omg, not another newbie kid and his assumptions on a game he hasn't even gotten into yet. Probably hasn't even reached Ceres yet.

>looks at my STEAM page

>600+ hours

>looks at my inventory

>9 frames

>Looks at my forum posts

>Sees I have a founders badge...

>wonders why people think I am new

>Remembers people don't know how to read

>looks at my star map.

>has all planets unlocked

Kid, do you even know how to read a post? lol

Exactly, there are three different coptering debates here: about constant coptering as rushing, about coptering to get into melee and about coptering to jump into high places or over wide pits.

If you have to, then rushing and melee coptering could maybe just be balanced with increasing coptering stamina cost. So if you plan to copter to rush or plan to jump around and melee, then you need to seriously consider Quick Reset, making coptering require a mod slot sacrifice. And/or add a cooldown to coptering, like 2 seconds -  that should hamper rushing and ties you down to engage the crowd of enemies you decided to copter in the middle of, before you can copter out or into another one.

It's childish to immediately start out by yelling demands to remove something you don't like, when you could easily at least try to make suggestions of how to balance it. When that does not work out, then you could consider supporting total removal. That's how legitimate constructive criticism feedback should work here.

But coptering as a maneuver to jump long distances and heights? There can only be stamina balancing/cooldown here to, total removal is simply not on the cards to keep the game from becoming a platformer. And not only that, but sometimes coptering actually doesn't have other parkour alternatives.

Lets see: there are two parallel bridges over the dark void and you need to jump from one to another. There are no walls. Normal jump is not enough. There's not enough room to make a slide jump at the right angle. What parkour maneuver other than coptering could you currently use here?

And tellingly, this part where there is no other parkour alternative to coptering is the only part that coptering does take some skill, because it can be easy to overshoot the other bridge and you have to pick a right diagonal angle based on the coptering abilites of your weapon to succeed.

What?

1. Its a bug. Has always been a bug. Will always be a bug. End of story.

2. Need to go a long distance? Do you not know how to bum slide jump? Really? You go a LONG way on that. Coporting to get to some place is not a valid reason for keeping it, as there are PLENTY of none bug ways to do it. Your just to lazy to do anything else.

Edited by TheJagji

>looks at my STEAM page

>600+ hours

>looks at my inventory

>9 frames

>Looks at my forum posts

>looks at my star map.

What?

1. Its a bug. Has always been a bug. Will always be a bug. End of story.

2. Need to go a long distance? Do you not know how to bum slide jump? Really? You go a LONG way on that. Coporting to get to some place is not a valid reason for keeping it, as there are PLENTY of none bug ways to do it. Your just to lazy to do anything else.

I guess all those hours and play doesnt make you any more mature. Just look at your OP. Demanding to remove a gamemechanic because it offends you or you think its silly?

Please, just give up your account and stop already. Your opening post discredits any credibility you ever had in this thread.

If you think coptering is bad, there is another way to skip long distances. There will be always a way to skip content and even if DE was to read your post and follow your suggestions, it would ensure that lots of people would leave the game.

Nobody wants to be bound toplay at a snail speed in a loot/grind game.

Again, in solo, you can play for days if you want to.

If anymore things get nerfed in this game, children like you will be the only ones playing.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

I guess all those hours and play doesnt make you any more mature. Just look at your OP. Demanding to remove a gamemechanic because it offends you or you think its silly?

Please, just give up your account and stop already. Your opening post discredits any credibility you ever had in this thread.

If you think coptering is bad, there is another way to skip long distances. There will be always a way to skip content and even if DE was to read your post and follow your suggestions, it would ensure that lots of people would leave the game.

Nobody wants to be bound toplay at a snail speed in a loot/grind game.

Again, in solo, you can play for days if you want to.

I like how you think games make people mature...

Yeah, I went overboard in my first post. So what? I was in a rage mode at the time. Gee, get over it already. My main point still stands. Coptoring is S#&amp;&#036;, and needs to go.

If people leave the game because DE gets ride of a bug, then they probably need to get over it.... I am not going to stop playing a game simply because the devs make a change I don't like the sound of. Its like not going to Disney land because they got ride of Micky Mouse. No one goes there just for Micky. If people are playing Warframe simply to skip the content for the loot, then they should just bugger off anyway, and never come back.

As for people are complaining the game is a grind fest, yeah, no... Stuff is RNG, sure. But really, Its only a grindfest if you make it in to one.

As for everyone say 'Just play Solo!', what? Its a CO-OP game. I should not need to play solo to enjoy the game. The only people that use coptoring are people that are not playing the game. What they are doing is SKIPPING the game. Its like just going to the end of a movie before you watch it all. Whats the point? You did not put in any effort, so you should not get the reward.

-ridiculously defensive wall of text snip-

You haven't really argued any of your points terribly well, if I'm being completely honest. It's all just opinionated rhetoric that's backed up with Scott's desire to remove coptering. Have you heard a conversation that involved his opinion on the subject recently? He very well may have changed his perspective.

Your posts have been mostly about making snide assumptions about whomever you're quoting, asking rhetorical questions, defending yourself repetitively and unnecessarily. I'm not being a hypocrite here, the proof is in all of your replies. And you state that you reply as if someone were stepping up to you? How about you treat it as someone attempting to put their personal views up against yours to see who can articulate their defenses towards the subject at hand the best, rather than seeing it as a direct and personal challenge.

The point of a debate is to enlighten both of the opposing sides on the perspectives of their opponents, and to enlighten the audience (readers) on both sides of an issue. The point of an argument is to lash out and attempt to diminish the validity of someone else's opinion while subsequently attacking their character. Which were you attempting to have, Spectrah? Same goes for the other guy.

You've also said multiple times that you won't be replying again, but every time someone quotes you, you're back in a flash to defend yourself. You're either following the thread, which you need to fix, or you're lurking, which is just counterproductive and counterintuitive.

Edited by Kestral9999

Put a friendship door at the entrance to the boss chambers. 

Problem solved. 

If you really wanna go all out, make it a 4 player friendship door to be fair to everyone.

>looks at my STEAM page

>600+ hours

>looks at my inventory

>9 frames

>Looks at my forum posts

>looks at my star map.

How was he supposed to see any of that? All anyone on the forums knows is that you played back when founders was available, you've made a meager 250 posts on the forums, and you spent a lot of money on Excalibur Prime and Skana Prime. That relays nothing about how much you've played since then. An MR0 could have done all that and hardly have touched the game.

I mean, you're right to defend yourself against misconceptions, but your complaint thread didn't really tell us anything about how much you've played the game. It came across to me like you took a long break after getting founders, came back, and then started the game up only to find that coptering was still in the game and you made a ragepost about it. I'm probably wrong. Feel free to tell me how wrong.

Granted, him belittling you unnecessarily does break the first rule of the forums. Where's a moderator when you need one? This thread has a mighty need.

Most of the time people use this sort of information is just to demote (silence) others.

A few friends of mine played about 30h and immediately knew coptering was a thing as soon as they saw it. Googling a few seconds and you are good to.

My steam acc says 2300h playtime.

Does it validate my arguments more than others? Not really.

Some people make a lot of double posts and post count doesn't equal quality.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Most of the time people use this sort of information is just to demote (silence) others.

A few friends of mine played about 30h and immediately knew coptering was a thing as soon as they saw it. Googling a few seconds and you are good to.

My steam acc says 2300h playtime.

Does it validate my arguments more than others? Not really.

Some people make a lot of double posts and post count doesn't equal quality.

I completely agree that time played doesn't necessarily equate to any quantifiable measure of skill. I'm not implying that my original reply was influenced by his perceived lack of playtime either. I'm simply offering some alternative perspective as to why he might have been called out as a newbie (misguided and overly assumptuous as the other person may have been). 

I don't understand why everyone in this thread has been so callous towards those of opposing views. It's ridiculous.

Yes, coptering needs reworking, it is not fine as is. I use it often, but not as my sole mode of transportation. I copter as much as I slide, flip, directional melee, and yes, even parkour. Those who see coptering as the solution to all the game's problems are problematic to the game's overall health as well. But to say that it needs to be removed altogether is asinine. It's one of the fundamental features of this game. Yes a feature, it originating as a bug does not make it incapable from becoming a feature as the two are not mutually exclusive. Make it so that it has less attraction as a mobility tool without making it unviable as a mobility tool (i.e. stamina dependence), rework the animation for it, maybe even make a few mods that alter how coptering works, and it could be on it's way to become a completely recognized feature in the game.

I Reply to you too,dear Kestral9999,

for the same reason i kept on replying before, to the ''special'' people out there like you.

you are ''baiting'' me out,as the Troll that you are,with something off-topic,directly my way,

or did i miss the part about Coptering,in your Post that youve sent my way?

''In internetslang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion'' -Wiki

one could think,that you are trying to get this Thread closed,pulling it off-topic,because you know that it possibly could lead to changes you dislike.

but lets get going...

You haven't really argued any of your points terribly well, if I'm being completely honest.

↨

Put a friendship door at the entrance to the boss chambers. 

Problem solved. 

If you really wanna go all out, make it a 4 player friendship door to be fair to everyone.

Do i even have to add anything obout the above ?

Or about anything on the below ?

Your posts have been mostly about making snide assumptions

↨

Have you heard a conversation that involved his opinion on the subject recently? He very well may have changed his perspective.

And im not going further on my personal fun dealing with Trolls,i had my fare share of it here already, i dont want to get this Thread closed.

If you really think what you posted my way,feel free to jump a few pages back and correct that by yourself,if not,i can live perfectly fine without that.

So,just for you, Kestrall9999,i get back on Topic,

what do YOU think about, that a big part part of the playerbase:

does not use mods like Rush,Maglev ect?

does not Manage/Mod their Stamina?

does not use Parcour,for pretty much any other reason than going upwards?

does not pick a Frame for its Movementspeed,to go fast?

does not learn the Map to be fast in it?

does not mod or even use a Frames mobility ability?

does not pick a Mellee for its DMG/Moveset?

and replace basicly all of that,or atleast most,by simply Coptering?

also,do you think that it would be worth the effort on DE's side,to totally overhaul the current movement system with Parcour 2.0,

if,like it is now, most poeple,simply wont make any real use of it,for anything other than going upwards,mostly?

do you think that there should be any trade-off to go faster than others,if high speeds are what they desire?

like clearing a modslot, improving their movements and/or having to learn a more complicacted way to move fast,possibly on Parcour 2.0?

(i REALLY am tired to spin around like a broken record,but hey... )

and on another personal note:

You've also said multiple times that you won't be replying again, but every time someone quotes you, you're back in a flash to defend yourself. You're either following the thread, which you need to fix, or you're lurking, which is just counterproductive and counterintuitive.

Dont Twist my words,and keep pulling things off-topic,one could think you are trolling ;)

Again,go back and read what ive said,if you really care about that,like you pretend to do.

I said that i am done ''debating'' here,and i havent since,even when somebody quoted me ON-TOPIC (go back,take a look ;)

What i said, was, that i come back for Trolls,like you also are by definition,in the Post youve sent my way,so here i am once again.

But i had my fun about that already,so i went back on-topic again,just for you.

and obviously,yes...

i follow this Thread,since i care about the Copter bug Topic,and since i posted here myself,big suprise to you i guess.

about the counterproductive part,might also wanna tell the other 2000+ people who clicked this thread,not saying a thing, about it.

Edited by Spectrah