The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkrys Ripline With Finisher

Shashu

Ripline can pull enemies.... just... bit to much that they get flinged the oppisite direction which is really anoying, i just want it to pull them to me.

So thinking Ripline should be able to pull enemies right to Valkry while at the same time if u press E she goes into a finisher animation by grabing there neck or something and do some sort of stab, punch or better yet slam them to the ground then do a melee finisher. Thoughts? Since Valkry being all about close and personal... her ripline is her only range but single target.

EDIT: Otherwise just fix it so u pull them near in front off u so u can use paralysis to stun and finish them off. While changing the Augment for ripline to pull additional enemys? (or just change the skill that does additional enemys while single on enviroment)

P:S.... do not make it an augment

Edited by Shashu

Mag however can pull everything in a Cone so she can pull alot of enemies (and items with GP) which nocks them all down, but her ulti pretty much does a hold up which does the thing, so shes fine as she is.

Edited by Shashu

Great idea, would love to see it as I usually pull a heavy over intending to stab it only to have to search around to find a stealth bombard somewhere. Because of this, ripline is really only useful for mobility and when using hysteria. Also, making the aim for this grappling hook would be nice. You'd have to be using aim bot to hit a moving enemy with this ability. I usually end up pulling myself over into a crowd rather than pulling an individual out where I can do a 1v1 m8. 

Perhaps either as you said, pressing E while using ripline would cause an insta finisher animation or the knocked down duration could be increased. Which would be nice.

Edited by Kungpaobeef

+1. This would give ripline a lot more function than a simple utility that isn't often able to be taken advantage of. I'd love to ripline a guy just for him to fly at my Valkyr so she can either punch the opposite direction full force and take their head off or grab it with her claws dug in and smash them into the ground (this would totally break their neck from the sudden stop while their body swings...). Gruesome I know, but... valkyr~ <3

Great idea, would love to see it as I usually pull a heavy over intending to stab it only to have to search around to find a stealth bombard somewhere. Because of this, ripline is really only useful for mobility and when using hysteria. Also, making the aim for this grappling hook would be nice. You'd have to be using aim bot to hit a moving enemy with this ability. I usually end up pulling myself over into a crowd rather than pulling an individual out where I can do a 1v1 m8. 

Perhaps either as you said, pressing E while using ripline would cause an insta finisher animation or the knocked down duration could be increased. Which would be nice.

Exactly! and yea its tricky to aim with ripline at an enemy in a crowd or wasteing 2-5 secons trying to aim it right not wanting to pull urself to them instead! but thats the same for all frames kinda with single target skills....

Although I'm not a fan of Valkyr, I agree and think this is a great idea and would be much better suited for her play style.

Good to know that even ppl who dont play it like this idea.. lol

Ahhh....like the Paracyst alt-fire

(It pulls enemies into melee range as a ground finisher setup; when it does pull enemies)

Not used it but a friend did once... he pretty much said it wasnt enough pull or it didnt pull at all. Could be different for different ppl or only works for host idk.

+1. This would give ripline a lot more function than a simple utility that isn't often able to be taken advantage of. I'd love to ripline a guy just for him to fly at my Valkyr so she can either punch the opposite direction full force and take their head off or grab it with her claws dug in and smash them into the ground (this would totally break their neck from the sudden stop while their body swings...). Gruesome I know, but... valkyr~ <3

Thz for the reply! good to know ppl feel the same way.

Edited by Shashu

...Not used it but a friend did once... he pretty much said it wasnt enough pull or it didnt pull at all. Could be different for different ppl or only works for host idk.

It does not have the same target "pull" distance as Ripline, but it tends to keep the enemies in front of you on the ground when enemies do get harpooned.

-Punch-through on Paracyst pretty much breaks the alt-fire

Ripline on the other hand has a tendency to ragdoll enemies past your location.

Paracyst harpoon usually leaves enemies grounded in front of you.

(But Valkyr does have Paralysis; Prolonged Paralysis being a good "jump in middle of crowd" ground finisher setup....as the enemies are stunned longer than a simple jump-slam or Ripline+Heavy Impact combo)

It does not have the same target "pull" distance as Ripline, but it tends to keep the enemies in front of you on the ground when enemies do get harpooned.

-Punch-through on Paracyst pretty much breaks the alt-fire

Ripline on the other hand has a tendency to ragdoll enemies past your location.

Paracyst harpoon usually leaves enemies grounded in front of you.

(But Valkyr does have Paralysis; Prolonged Paralysis being a good "jump in middle of crowd" ground finisher setup....as the enemies are stunned longer than a simple jump-slam or Ripline+Heavy Impact combo)

Ah i see, and yea the paralysis is great for the crowds and finishing them off, tho think the finisher should be a tad faster?  but yea.. just those times where u wish u can pull those elites to ur location to finish them off while ur to busy somewhere far. Also be cooler if the augment was add 2 additional riplines to pull 2 nearby targets then use paralysis.

But then again, this would probably make ripline the highest damaging first ability in the game, because I can already achieve 100k crits easily with finisher attacks while using my ichors, so the finisher damage while using ripline would have to be nerfed by about 99.5%(still has that plus 200 or something base slash dmg) to make it fair, which would make all other weapons useless so what....how is the finisher damage system for your idea supposed to work?

But then again, this would probably make ripline the highest damaging first ability in the game, because I can already achieve 100k crits easily with finisher attacks while using my ichors, so the finisher damage while using ripline would have to be nerfed by about 99.5%(still has that plus 200 or something base slash dmg) to make it fair, which would make all other weapons useless so what....how is the finisher damage system for your idea supposed to work?

Yea... it sounds op due to the damage... but your forgetting something, she can only do 1 target at a time with finisher, each one takes least 2-3 seconds. Unlike guns that can hit faster or hit multi targets or frames that can hit up to 20-40 enemies with 1 skill. Valkry is pretty much all about 1 on 1.

Edited by Shashu

Ash's Teleport can trigger finisher attacks, but is it OP? Does make all other weapon useless? I don't think so.

Edited by yles9056

• 4 weeks later...

+1, awesome idea!

And to all the people that think mobility is its only feature, ever stood before a lvl x glowing heavy unit that is about to access a console on a excavation? Immune to stuns with para and impossible to kill just like that? ever played with a friend and found lets say a argon he would've been unable to reach? Thats where ripline shines.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108