Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Petition For Those Disappointed By What U16 Did To Synoid Gammacor

rarteaga1975

Today I maxed out my Ammo Mutation mod just for SCore, and I must say, it's ridiculous. With fire rate of 15, after slapping in obligatory Lethal Torrent it goes up to 24. It's insane!

Giving it x4 ammo consumption would be more reasonable. It would have dmg slightly bigger than original Gammacore (50 -> 52.5), and fire rate 8 (12.8 with Lethal Torrent). Not overpowered, and not ridiculous, perfectly acceptable weapon, slightly better than the regular one, like all the other syndicate weapons.

this gun now requires a maxed primed ammo mutation at the very least unless you want to explain to your t4 surv/def team why its important to have pistol scavenger on

though personaly ill just move on its simply to annoying to use in this state besides i just liked the energy proc anyway and was never a big fan of the low range but high dps concept

Just put an ammo mod on it and deal with it.

It doesn't work that way.

In order to use the gammacor like you used to before the nerf, you also need to have pistol scavenger. That alone kills its endgame viability, because you have to sacrifice team efficiency with corrosive projection just so you can maintain its god awful ammo economy.

DE should've calculated its DPS and chopped off the excess so its on-par with the other syndicate weapons.

Not happy with your SG anymore? Dont fret fellow tenno, i have the solution.

Use Lex Prime.

Firepower? check

Sexy looks? mothafuckin check

feel like james friggin bond while shooting people with this awessome weapon made of pure gloriousness? check all over dat S#&$

Why would you want the lazer pointer over that beauty?

It doesn't work that way.

In order to use the gammacor like you used to before the nerf, you also need to have pistol scavenger. That alone kills its endgame viability, because you have to sacrifice team efficiency with corrosive projection just so you can maintain its god awful ammo economy.

DE should've calculated its DPS and chopped off the excess so its on-par with the other syndicate weapons.

Then don't use it as you used to. Burst fire and if you run out get your primary, melee or ammo restore. DE changed it, of course you can't use it as before.

Then don't use it as you used to. Burst fire and if you run out get your primary, melee or ammo restore. DE changed it, of course you can't use it as before.

If I wanna burst fire, I'll use one of many other weapons that are literally designed for it like tiberon, burston or general semi-auto weapons like the brakk (which I now use since gammacor is worthless). Gammacor is a beam weapon, designed to just hold down and have sustained damage.

I don't see the same logic being applied to spectra or flux rifle, their poor damage notwithstanding.

If I wanna burst fire, I'll use one of many other weapons that are literally designed for it like tiberon, burston or general semi-auto weapons like the brakk (which I now use since gammacor is worthless). Gammacor is a beam weapon, designed to just hold down and have sustained damage.

I don't see the same logic being applied to spectra or flux rifle, their poor damage notwithstanding.

I'm simply telling you what works best with what we have. You can hold it down, the mechanic is still there, but you will spend alot of ammo.

If you don't want to run out of ammo you have to try to limit the usage.

Running around with the trigger held in missing targets or shooting them while they're already dead uses ammo.

I'm simply telling you what works best with what we have. You can hold it down, the mechanic is still there, but you will spend alot of ammo.

If you don't want to run out of ammo you have to try to limit the usage.

Running around with the trigger held in missing targets or shooting them while they're already dead uses ammo.

Even if what you say is true, burst fire with the gammacor is still incredibly weak.

Brakk

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_23200000_193-2-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-212-5-3-215-1-5-263-7-3-328-6-3-356-4-3_204-7-215-8-193-6-206-11-356-7-212-7-328-7-263-7/en/3-0-4

Synoid Gammacor

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Gammacor/t_30_23200000_193-2-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-210-1-5-212-5-3-263-6-3-328-7-3-356-4-3_204-7-210-5-193-6-206-11-356-7-212-7-263-7-328-7/en/3-0-55

Note the DPS values. Brakk excels SG by almost twice the burst DPS and is only beaten by SG in sustained DPS by 900 or so. The difference between the two? Over the course of a lengthy defense/survival session, you'll be constantly switching back to your primary while looking for more pistol ammo, whereas you can use brakk throughout the entire mission without once running out. And for people who prefer to keep using SG like it was before the nerf by constantly firing, you would also need to tack on pistol scavenger. You don't need to with the brakk.

As it stands, brakk reclaims the throne as most powerful secondary.

I think most people who mained SG like myself were expecting a nerf to be sure, but what we didn't expect is for DE to absolute stomp the damn thing into dust by giving it the most awful ammo economy. A damage decrease would've been a much preferred nerf over this. DE went too far with the nerf, and thats why most users are still complaining about it.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Even if what you say is true, burst fire with the gammacor is still incredibly weak.

Brakk

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_23200000_193-2-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-212-5-3-215-1-5-263-7-3-328-6-3-356-4-3_204-7-215-8-193-6-206-11-356-7-212-7-328-7-263-7/en/3-0-4

Synoid Gammacor

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Gammacor/t_30_23200000_193-2-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-210-1-5-212-5-3-263-6-3-328-7-3-356-4-3_204-7-210-5-193-6-206-11-356-7-212-7-263-7-328-7/en/3-0-55

Note the DPS values. Brakk excels SG by almost twice the burst DPS and is only beaten by SG in sustained DPS by 900 or so. The difference between the two? Over the course of a lengthy defense/survival session, you'll be constantly switching back to your primary while looking for more pistol ammo, whereas you can use brakk throughout the entire mission without once running out. And for people who prefer to keep using SG like it was before the nerf by constantly firing, you would also need to tack on pistol scavenger. You don't need to with the brakk.

As it stands, brakk reclaims the throne as most powerful secondary.

I think most people who mained SG like myself were expecting a nerf to be sure, but what we didn't expect is for DE to absolute stomp the damn thing into dust by giving it the most awful ammo economy. A damage decrease would've been a much preferred nerf over this. DE went too far with the nerf, and thats why most users are still complaining about it.

Well let's agree on that it still needs changes then.

Restoring it to what it was though, I'm still against. While numbers say one thing I've mained this gun as well and can agree whit what you're saying. It is harder to use. But there are also the bonuses of energy restoration and aoe to account for (the latter being of less importance).

If you like the weapon it's still there, even if not "on the throne". And that is what you'll have to deal with (making the best out of the situation by equipping ammomods).

Well I hope in the near future, they won't make some weaps too OP, then nerf it as soon as some people complain about it... Don't have time to forma something which will be nerfed anyway...

Not to mention the incredible loss of resources and time needed to reach the maximum level in the respective syndicate and then pay an additional 100k rep.

The nerf was needed. It was too OP. 

Yes it was needed, nobody was questioning it, but what was not needed was to make its ammo economy so horrible that it loses its endgame viability compared to other syndicate weapons.

Edited by Pizzarugi

nounplural insanities.

the condition of being insane; a derangement of the mind.

Let me guess. You played Far Cry 3 once.

I played it, start to finish, 11 times.  Love that game.  I mean sure Brody is an idiot but who cares, still good game.

That said, if we're going to bother with a petition, can we at least make it a petition for Excal instead?  I don't have an excal (sold mine), don't plan to ever get one, etc.  But I still feel like it was an unfair nerf considering every other frame lacks LoS for their 4th ability.  (ok, almost every other frame.)

No need to do anything with the Syn Gam than just keep killing stuff with it.  The gun was fine before and it's fine now.

They should of nerfed it in one way, not three

Just to get this out of the way...

All that has been nerfed in Gammacor was its ammo efficiency (and to an extent, sustained dps).

To keep everything else as it was, increasing it's firerate by x7.5 required equal nerf to base damage (because ffs, if it had 210 base damage AND 15RPS it would be truly gamebreaking).

210*2=420

28*15=420

Simple as that.

I literally couldn't care less about Synoid Gammacor, I've been using it as a portable energy restore in some tactics, I've found myself having much more fun with Furis (Winds of Purity is truly amazing), Rakta Ballistica and Kohmak.

Edited by Mofixil

Would sign, but the SG previous was OP in regards to balance against other weapons. It was the best weapon in the game hands down. It is not longer a viable weapon though for end game since the nerf. Read through my posts in this thread here about the math and comparisons to other weapons as to why.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/421239-math-on-why-the-synoid-gammacor-is-massively-nerfed/

There were ways the SG could have been nerfed to bring it into line with other end game weapons that wouldn't have killed the weapon from end game viability. I personally would have preferred a nerf to the SG in that way.