Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Simple Augment To Unquestionably Make Ember Endgame Viable

(PSN)DanceOnUrGav3

Frames should be nerfed and enemy bandaids removed.  Enemy bandaids persist because our frames are ridiculously powerful.  

Dude, the whole community agrees that almost every frame needs a buff of some sort. Particularly the older frames. Many people still aren't happy with ember, despite her recent changes.  The whole reason I proposed this change was because it made her more viable in "endgame" for more players without just buffing get to ridiculously overpowered levels 

that makes it unreliable, so i don't really know if that would work.

if someone else uses an Augment on your Warframe to give it another Damage Type (in addition to it's existing), or you're using a Weapon(that isn't Ignis), then you have more than one Damage Type, and you can't control what will Kill the Enemy.

:/

do i have a better idea? atm not really, no. i can't think of anything off the top of my head that fits the theme of the Warframe while is also something you can do consistently (but not necessarily easily).

I feel like kills with fire damage is enough. If this change were implemented I have enough faith in players not to go adding electric damage to ember in the middle of a firefight. 

Maybe casting Fireball at an affected enemy could cause a recast?  Maybe it could proliferate the DoTs or Status effects in general too. That might be too strong, but it sounds like it could open up a new role for Ember. Volatile Kindling?

I'm worried about restricting players options just to one power. 

Perhaps the original idea could work, but simply have a timer on how long it lasted before it wore off. This would force players to keep up their momentum on the battlefield and make them pick their kills. What do you think? 

Dude, the whole community agrees that almost every frame needs a buff of some sort. Particularly the older frames. Many people still aren't happy with ember, despite her recent changes.  The whole reason I proposed this change was because it made her more viable in "endgame" for more players without just buffing get to ridiculously overpowered levels 

You proposed stacking accelerants.  How is that not overpowered?  You could prime a room for 2500% bonus fire damage in a heartbeat.  

As for most people thinking that all frames need buffs, every toddler wants more candy, but it's not wise to give them the candy every time.  Peoples' knowledge and skill needs a buff, largely.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Yeah, Ember doesn't need stacking Accelerants, at least not the current implementation. She already scales multiplicatively with Power Strength. Simply having an efficiency augment that provided an alternative way to refresh Accelerant could be powerful enough. That, or a different augment that increased team synergy.

Ember had recently been buffed. The effectiveness of said buff is still being debated. She can be taken into "endgame", but only by extremely skilled players. To make her more viable for more players, I propose giving Accelerant the Resonance treatment. Make an augment that creates new, stackable instances of Accelerant. Casting Accelerant, and then killing an affected enemy with fire damage will cause that enemy to explode and spread more Accelerant. By making this stack low resonance, Ember will be able to crank out her damage much more effectively into endgame. Now I'd  like to hear what you guys have to think 

Edit: also creating more instances of Accelerant will create more stuns, thus improving is usefulness even more 

that's actually a good idea

You proposed stacking accelerants.  How is that not overpowered?  You could prime a room for 2500% bonus fire damage in a heartbeat.  

As for most people thinking that all frames need buffs, every toddler wants more candy, but it's not wise to give them the candy every time.  Peoples' knowledge and skill needs a buff, largely.

I've even said that each individual stack of Accelerant should be scaled down some to prevent it from being over powered 

Yeah, Ember doesn't need stacking Accelerants, at least not the current implementation. She already scales multiplicatively with Power Strength. Simply having an efficiency augment that provided an alternative way to refresh Accelerant could be powerful enough. That, or a different augment that increased team synergy.

To both of you, how is stacking Accelerant overpowered? Sonar stacks endlessly and it affects all damage types. Nobody says that's over powered. Stacking Accelerant would ONLY power up fire damage. And if it has a timer, which I've suggested, tab you'll have to tactically decide when and where to deploy it to take full advantage of it 

I just don't think I need 3x more total damage. 40 minute survivals are trivialized enough as it is. More power would just extend the amount of time being bored. Why balance for a 2 hour "endgame" hardly anyone bothers to reach?

Edited by Ryjeon

Just throwing this out here as alternative suggestions for indirect scaling:

Enemies affected by Accelerant also spread all their current Heat DoTs to other nearby enemies.

And maybe add something extra silly: Fire Blast is remade into IMPLOSION - Think of how it works right now, just cast in reverse (starts at max range and shrinks in towards Ember), dragging enemies closer to her while also knocking them all down, allowing Accelerant to spread like crazy and for WoF and Fireball to unleash dramatic damage to all closeby enemies

Meh *shrugs*

Just some random brainstorming :)

Enemies affected by Accelerant also spread all their current Heat DoTs to other nearby enemies.

And maybe add something extra silly: Fire Blast is remade into IMPLOSION - Think of how it works right now, just cast in reverse (starts at max range and shrinks in towards Ember), dragging enemies closer to her while also knocking them all down, allowing Accelerant to spread like crazy and for WoF and Fireball to unleash dramatic damage to all closeby enemies

Meh *shrugs*

I like ideas along these lines. I like the idea of spreading the DoTs. And I think it would be a cool synergy buff if such an augment could spread other status effects too. It could open up a new niche on teams for Ember. But spreading status effects might be overpowered if it was too simple to do. I would call it Volatile Eruption or something.

Edited by Ryjeon

Meh *shrugs*

That's actually very well thought out. I like it. DoT isn't usually the most reliable, but in this case it might work out quite nicely. Your other suggestion sounds nice as well, although I feel like that might be asking for a little much. Perhaps that could be an augment though 

I would also prefer that it became part of the base ability, but I feel like it's more likely to be implemented as an augment. Also if it were to become part of the ability, then it wouldn't be fair to banshee players who have to equip resonance still 

However Banshee's Sonar comes with a bit more of a reward IMO because of how crazy the damage numbers get and what happens when the whole body becomes a weakpoint

Let's make it a little more balanced, Ember is my baby too, but there should be limits, one can question sonar stacks being op as well, and like a few have expressed, i don't want nerfs to make a good idea that needs tweaks viable.

Current biggest enemies of ember are two: Anything that shoots you beyond accelerant's range and ARMOR.

- Make enemies affected by accelerant have a 40% armor reduction, affected by power strenght, and that would be an augment mod, too strong to be anything else. That would help her end game, make her more team friendly since others can't really make use of heat damage buff.

- AAAAnd please give fire blast some sort of protection against bullets, like a stationary turbulence, for those 'oh sh..'moments where accelerant can't reach.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Let's make it a little more balanced, Ember is my baby too, but there should be limits, one can question sonar stacks being op as well, and like a few have expressed, i don't want nerfs to make a good idea that needs tweaks viable.

Current biggest enemies of ember are two: Anything that shoots you beyond accelerant's range and ARMOR.

- Make enemies affected by accelerant have a 40% armor reduction, affected by power strenght, and that would be an augment mod, too strong to be anything else. That would help her end game, make her more team friendly since others can't really make use of heat damage buff.

- AAAAnd please give fire blast some sort of protection against bullets, like a stationary turbulence, for those 'oh sh..'moments where accelerant can't reach.

I like your augment idea for Accelerant. Very nice. As for the change to fire blast, would this be an augment or a buff?  If it's a straight buff, I see ember replace Frost for defense missions 

Edited by (PS4)DanceOnUrGav3

I like your augment idea for Accelerant. Very nice. As for the change to fire blast, would this be an augment or a buff? If it's a straight buff, I see ember replace Frost for defense missions

It would be a straight buff, that would increase in effectiveness the further the enemy is, to really help against things beyond accelerant's reach, not to turn it into a bubble; Frost's bubble potential is limitless with stacks, it also reduces speed of anything inside it, and it's built with duration in mind, as opposed to ember, built for Efficiency. It would never replace frost. Limbo did that job already lol.

Another suggestion would be to have Fire Blast create a giant ring right where the moving ring wall ends.

So 2 rings, maybe 3.

CLoser to the center the enemy is, the greater the CC is on them.

That moving all of fire with that tiny ring leaves much to be desired.

In light of this, a ability transparency option should be provided. One for big abilities. One for the rest.

Another suggestion would be to have Fire Blast create a giant ring right where the moving ring wall ends.

So 2 rings, maybe 3.

CLoser to the center the enemy is, the greater the CC is on them.

That moving all of fire with that tiny ring leaves much to be desired.

In light of this, a ability transparency option should be provided. One for big abilities. One for the rest.

That's certainly a nice idea with good utility, but as I see it ember's best option for scaling into late game would be improved Accelerant 

And she has so much potential, but so few people are able to reach that potential 

I don't see why, besides not understanding game mechanics and not developing game skills.  She is not often seen because people are constantly told that she's bad on these forums and because she doesn't break the game with a single 4 press like Nova/Rhino/Loki/etc.  The only thing people seem to care about is how easy it is to grind missions with a frame.  Fun and interactivity are irrelevant to them, and they are the ones who scream the loudest.