Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consequences For Killing A Synthesis Target

DarkSeieah

With the introduction of Sanctuary, I was excited to see that scanning enemies are now rewarded with reputation, primarily for Cephalon Simaris' Syndicate. However, there is one thing I would like to point out:

PEOPLE ALWAYS TRY TO KILL THE SYNTHESIS TARGET.

Out of, say, a hundred games I played since Update 16, less than 5 teams actually bothered to use the Synthesis Scanner, and instead , would DELIBERATELY ATTEMPT TO KILL THE TARGET. As someone who is trying to get Syndicate Standing for the Detect Vulnerabilty and Helios Skin, the biggest disappointment is finally tracking the target, which then gets killed by a teammate.

Obviously, there should be some way to discourage players from killing the target. Maybe an Eximus Platoon or a deduction in reputation for the player who kills a Synthesis target while giving compensation to the other players.

I hope this gets addressed as soon as possible. After going through a whole lot of effort finding a target is a great feeling, BUT TO WATCH AS YOUR TEAMMATES MURDER THE TARGET BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN EQUIP AND AIM YOUR SCANNER ISN'T.

Best way IMO:

Do a deception on Ceres as Loki by yourself, scan regular enemies with synthesis - you get ~220 rep per stealth scan - and scan the target when you find them. sanctuary rep capped within 4-6 runs for me usually, each run taking less than 5mins.

feel free to pm any more Qs.

Now, it's not a solution for those that would rather run with people, even if those people are clueless.  I do agree than there should be some negative if you kill them, but I disagree with your method of getting the rep while in public match making.

No real use in trying to get synthesis targets with random groups. I mean I would hope people would understand what those targets are by now, but it will take time before there is that realization.

Some people will never understand. Willful ignorance will outlast the stars. Also, you're forgetting the trolls who will do it just to ruin someone's day...

Simaris will spawn his stewards cephalons to exposed the killer's weak spots for enemies to target which deals 2X damage on impact.

Stewards cephalons cannot be harmed nor killed by the players.

Just an idea. Don't think they would really do something about it as it's really an optional thing with Simaris.

Edited by climatiseur

You're not meant to kill them?

Maybe if the Lotus said something about not killing them, less people would kill them.

They got introduced with no in-game explanation, I'm still not sure what they are.

Simaris DOES tell you not to. They're marked with an orange waypoint and also have a blue coating.

The difference is you have to go up there and tell him you're joining his hunt. I think you may or may not require the Stolen Dreams quest complete, which is why so many people don't know.

The guy that kept talking? I thought he was a badguy, why would I listen to him? Maybe if I wasn't busy shooting things, I'd pay more attention.

Seriously though, being an enemy of the Cephelon Suda, I thought the guy talking was part of them and there was going to be an extremis attack or something.

The guy that kept talking? I thought he was a badguy, why would I listen to him? Maybe if I wasn't busy shooting things, I'd pay more attention.

Seriously though, being an enemy of the Cephelon Suda, I thought the guy talking was part of them and there was going to be an extremis attack or something.

He's a new faction altogether that you can visit on the second floor of the relay.

He's also the one managing the mastery test simulations. At least, that's the implication.

Edited by HyokaChan

I just started this game and knew nothing about synthesis targets. I was in a match and I started to kill him and someone told me to stop... i asked him why but he would not tell me. I came online to look it up so that I could understand why. I think that if I didn't know about this I am sure there are tons of people like me who are new to the game and have never heard of a synthesis target. It helps to share knowledge with new players if you really expect them to understand why. In a game all about killing, i would not expect a kill-able target to be left alive. Now I know better...

I tend to just ignore them, if other players want to scan them go ahead, I'll carry on with the mission.

However if killing them becomes a way to tic off simaris (I don't like him) It would actually make me kill them.

If killing them could give me some sort of negative rep, then good luck with your scanning with me in your mission.

I was helping a friend with The New Strange, and had others pop in with the same quest.

My friend and myself were trying to scan, the other two that popped in, immediately went in full melee and trying to kill the target.

Simaris yelling at you to not kill the target doesn't stop them from trying, there really needs to be something in place to act as a sort of punishment.

With the introduction of Sanctuary, I was excited to see that scanning enemies are now rewarded with reputation, primarily for Cephalon Simaris' Syndicate. However, there is one thing I would like to point out:

PEOPLE ALWAYS TRY TO KILL THE SYNTHESIS TARGET.

Out of, say, a hundred games I played since Update 16, less than 5 teams actually bothered to use the Synthesis Scanner, and instead , would DELIBERATELY ATTEMPT TO KILL THE TARGET. As someone who is trying to get Syndicate Standing for the Detect Vulnerabilty and Helios Skin, the biggest disappointment is finally tracking the target, which then gets killed by a teammate.

Obviously, there should be some way to discourage players from killing the target. Maybe an Eximus Platoon or a deduction in reputation for the player who kills a Synthesis target while giving compensation to the other players.

I hope this gets addressed as soon as possible. After going through a whole lot of effort finding a target is a great feeling, BUT TO WATCH AS YOUR TEAMMATES MURDER THE TARGET BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN EQUIP AND AIM YOUR SCANNER ISN'T.

This is no different than people not trying to get the medallions on Syndicate missions. Personally I've run solo missions and not been paying attention and killed the synth target, should I get penalized? Sorry I just lose track of the world during my Peacemaker rampage.

The Synth target is NOT the primary reason for being in the mission.

What next? Complain that players are going to the exit and starting the timer and not letting you open all the lockers/collect all the medallions/go back and pick up a marked Rare Mod?

Same goes for players not helping you kill Assassins or Kill Squads or <whatever>.

The "mission" objective is what is stated in the type. Everything else is optional. If you went into the mission expecting to always scan the Synth, you are there for the wrong reasons, and need to try Solo.

Feel free to feel annoyed, and to mention to team members that they are doing it wrong, but do NOT expect that people should play YOUR way just because of it.

If it bothers you THAT much, ask DE to make specific Synth Scanning mission types so everyone is there for the same reason.

Edited by DSpite

Run solo or with your clanmates/friends and problem solved. Also, not everyone tries to kill the synth target on purpose. I also have experienced other random players actually tracking the target down and scanning it, thus giving me rep. 

Everybody saying that..oh run solo,oh run pre-made,oh run mercury.THE POINT IS THAT WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO COMPENSATE YOURSELF FOR THE TROLLING OF OTHERS?That is what needs to be fixed.Why on a game,would you have to be the one to be put down/aside just for the trolls to troll others.Trolling is funny and good but not to a certain extent where players are deprived of their convenience in a game.

• 1 month later...

Stop blaming players.   Players are going to shoot what's in front of them.  Expecting players to not shoot what is in front of them is just bad design.

Soltuions:

1) Make them not shootable

2) ...

3) Run solo

Any other scenario, expect them to get shot.