Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Confirm That Theres A Human Body Under Their Suit?

Guest khk6

Why do people keep bringing up the "Guardian" status as if it means anything?

Tenno is not a rank, it's an orokin description, heck it's derogatory word for labeling the "rejects", those corrupted by the void.

So yeah Stalker is a Guardian, but he's also very much Tenno, since he fits the description just as well as any other Tenno, this also means that whatever "rank" Teshin might've had, doesn't suddenly rule out him being Tenno as well.

I always saw Stalker as a Tenno too, since he can use a Warframe with an array of powers(ones without Tenno seem to be limited). When he says "Your TENNO powers are useless!" he is most likely using the word as an insult as well since you pointed it out. He probably doesn't classify himself as a Tenno because of pure hatred.

I always saw Stalker as a Tenno too, since he can use a Warframe with an array of powers(ones without Tenno seem to be limited). When he says "Your TENNO powers are useless!" he is most likely using the word as an insult as well since you pointed it out. He probably doesn't classify himself as a Tenno because of pure hatred.

Stalker unlocked his potential, and went even further beyond...he's now a super tennojin. That's why our reject powers don't hurt him. Stalker too stronk.

I though it was already confirmed that there ARE humans under the Warframes with Ember's Codex Entry were Kaleen states that she found CHILDREN in the Zariman, pretty sure she wouldnt call the ones who will become the Tenno: "children" if we at least didnt look human.

Edited by Kao-Snake

I though it was already confirmed that there ARE humans under the Warframes with Ember's Codex Entry were Kaleen states that she found CHILDREN in the Zariman, pretty sure she wouldnt call the ones who will become the Tenno: "children" if we at least didnt look human.

Yes. And to add to that it was also confirmed in a devstream ages ago.

I can't believe the debate still rages on.

It rages because people are unsure what things like "twisted by the Void" means if we are still human, or how we as a singular Tenno can switch between frames as the Limbo Theorem says we can. The devil's in the details, as they say.

I blame the energy-being theory tbh. DE probably should have left Vor's metaphors out. It seems to be the reason the topic of "What are Tenno?" came back to life. Also what Morec0 said.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I blame the energy-being theory tbh. DE probably should have left Vor's metaphors out. It seems to be the reason the topic of "What are Tenno?" came back to life. Also what Morec0 said.

It is not DE's fault people are too stupid not to see subtext and take everything literally. They shouldn't have to dumb down their writing.

What if instead of a suit, this is just a whole bio-mechanic form, the suit and the body are one unit, like mingled together, like the shell on a turtle?

Given the individual Tenno an switch frames, this again flows back to the "energy being" theory with a "corpse body" inside of the Warframe. I can handle the energy being theory, I'm cool with it, but when you throw just some random-&#! corpse into the Warframe that supposedly acts as a host for the Tenno's consciousness I have to ask questions:

Where did that corpse come from?

Couldn't we just possess the Warframe itself?

Why did we have to put it in there?

And it doesn't add up.

It's the other way around people are unsure about. Imagine fitting Hulk Buster into Tony Stark.

But that's only because those people assume that the difference between Rhino and Nova has to be more "person" instead of just padded armour.

this again flows back to the "energy being" theory with a "corpse body" inside of the Warframe

Doesn't have to. I read it as just another version of the "only one suit per Tenno" theory. So the Tenno and the frame have grown together and can't be separated (just like you can't take a turtle out of its shell) and thus, when you switch frames, there's also a totally different Tenno (instead of the same Tenno just wearing a different suit).

To come back to the Iron Man metaphors: It's not Tony switching from the Mk4 to Hulkbuster armour, but switching from Tony in the Mk4 to Pepper in R.E.S.C.U.E.

Edited by Bibliothekar

But that's only because those people assume that the difference between Rhino and Nova has to be more "person" instead of just padded armour.

That and why a frame must have sexual characteristics (boobs), but I agree. It's the living Technocyte of the frame that gives it that appearance - why it's there to begin with is unknown, probably some kind of twisted Orokin sense of humor, or indeed relating to the very first Tenno to have worn it.

That and why a frame must have sexual characteristics (boobs), but I agree. It's the living Technocyte of the frame that gives it that appearance - why it's there to begin with is unknown, probably some kind of twisted Orokin sense of humor, or indeed relating to the very first Tenno to have worn it.

Personally I suspect it could be something to do with Orokin aesthetics combined with good old fashioned Anthropocentrism.

So long as they give Tenno the whole 'Warrior God' moniker, they're going to need to look the part...and, again, I'll quote Xenophanes:

"But if cattle and horses and lions had hands or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do, horses like horses and cattle like cattle also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies of such a sort as the form they themselves have."[1]

Considering the 'sacred' feeling Orokin era artefacts, let alone the Void, especially since Vor became a source of pseudo-religious vernacular...it's an interesting situation.

I mean, lets be honest; I doubt the Orokin could make a practical, effective military object without making it ornate or aesthetic in some manner. Tenno crafting techniques are only better because they're not as inherently prone to draping unneeded gold filigree on things. Although it could be that Prime weapons are inherently bathed in Forma to explain their 'stronger than simple version' method, it's still highly...senseless on a practical level.

We'll just have to see, at any rate this is the best hypothesis I have for why Warframes have such...redundant traits.

Personally I suspect it could be something to do with Orokin aesthetics combined with good old fashioned Anthropocentrism.

So long as they give Tenno the whole 'Warrior God' moniker, they're going to need to look the part...and, again, I'll quote Xenophanes:

"But if cattle and horses and lions had hands or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do, horses like horses and cattle like cattle also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies of such a sort as the form they themselves have."[1]

Considering the 'sacred' feeling Orokin era artefacts, let alone the Void, especially since Vor became a source of pseudo-religious vernacular...it's an interesting situation.

I mean, lets be honest; I doubt the Orokin could make a practical, effective military object without making it ornate or aesthetic in some manner. Tenno crafting techniques are only better because they're not as inherently prone to draping unneeded gold filigree on things. Although it could be that Prime weapons are inherently bathed in Forma to explain their 'stronger than simple version' method, it's still highly...senseless on a practical level.

We'll just have to see, at any rate this is the best hypothesis I have for why Warframes have such...redundant traits.

Well, gold is apparently a good conductor... But I agree, this is a very wise analysis.

WHAT NOW ENERGY BEING THEORISTS!!!!

WHAT NOW ENERGY BEING THEORISTS!!!!

Sake of clarification, do you consider 'migratory consciousness' part of or distinct to Energy being theory?

I mean, is it limited to considering Tenno being similar to, say, the Drej of Titan A.E, or is it the 'catch all' term for any and all theories not explicitly concerned with a physical body being necessary?

Just politely curious, really.

Sake of clarification, do you consider 'migratory consciousness' part of or distinct to Energy being theory?

I mean, is it limited to considering Tenno being similar to, say, the Drej of Titan A.E, or is it the 'catch all' term for any and all theories not explicitly concerned with a physical body being necessary?

Just politely curious, really.

Part of. Whether or not they're able to physically manifest themselves outside of their Warframes is a subgenre, so to speak, of that, with the answer "yes" being the most likely (based on the child found on the Zariman).

Personally, I like the idea of the Tenno being more than just "a guy or girl in a suit".  It's more fantastical to imagine them as a more evolved form of human, the next stage of existance. It, IMO, suits the visual style and overall atmoshere of the sci-fantasy theme better.  Makes it stand out more as uniquie in lore. There are humans in the universe correct? The Corpus are human, the Grineer are (mutant) human. So, I'd prefer the idea of the Tenno being more than human. They embody the best qualities of everything that is meant by humanity in an incarnate form as presented by their current appearance in game.

So,  Tenno are human, but not as we conventionally imagine human to be.   The human having a symbiotic relationship with the armor suit in such a way as to make them inseperable. That's why each Tenno archtype has a visual style that expresses their unique character and behavior in game. No two Tenno are identical in the game, just as the souls of any two people are not the same in reality.

How they are handled in the actual game as per actual sanctioned cannon...  might be the more conventional guy in a suit treatment. However, I find that to be a little generic and hope they push a more exotic inturpretation.  They've retconned things before, like whether the "The Lotus" is a organization or an individual.

Edited by Schpam

Part of. Whether or not they're able to physically manifest themselves outside of their Warframes is a subgenre, so to speak, of that, with the answer "yes" being the most likely (based on the child found on the Zariman).

Fair enough.

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is not new at all but, Jesus, people have looked at the neck of the Vauban between the helmet and suit? He has black skin as Hayden Tenno, when he got infected. The only thing why Hayden Tenno is a Excalibur is because of the armor he found. Just like Nadia is Nyx. Yes, i am talking about Dark Sector 2007 (or 2008 don't know).

Also: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_Proto-Armor_Skin

In my conclusion: Yes, Tenno could live without Suit, but most of the powers? Nope, maybe a few primitive things of survival like the Glaive, with also magically appears on Hayden Tenno hand (i say magic, it is not, but it is made by the infection.)

Also, Warframe is set in the same universe as Dark Sector, but very far away in the future. It is not necessarily a direct sequel though, because many stories can still be told in the thousands of years setting the two games apart. However, this doesn't devalue anything. Perhaps the story of "Orokin" is the only thing apart.

Also, organic metal, seem to be a thing that raised first, if, the skin is actually metal but organic.

P.S. - This may be off topic, but lotus is probably a Orokin per my see, after she decided to turn the cards, freeing the Tenno, from deadly weapons passing them into instruments of equilibrium, and less blood.

Edited by Dislava-planet-tech

I think several lines of evidence point to the Tenno being humans who have ascended into energy forms.

* Rhino codex, Mesa quest, Chroma quest: Warframes can operate without Tenno inside them and have a complete anatomy, including a digestive system.

* Limbo quest: Each Tenno may choose to occupy any warframe.

* Ember codex, Excalibur codex: The Tenno were humans (children?) who were exposed to the Void and survived.

* Rhino codex: The Void survivors can link with Warframes without physical contact.

* Warframe cryopods: They all have identical bodies within them: perhaps special dormancy frames the Tenno use when in stasis?

* Corrupted Vor: Corrupted by the Void, becomes an energy being.

* Vor's lore: The Grineer have taken apart Warframes and (arguably) can't find the Tenno inside

The reason I don't support the possibility of Tenno having bodies that can fit into any Warframe via Void warping is Rhino's codex. When the Void survivor (we assume) halts proto-Rhino's attack, it doesn't paralyze it or put it to sleep, rather, the proto-Rhino looks at its hands in an obvious gesture of "what have I done?" or perhaps "what am I?" Before this moment, it acted on pure animalistic instinct. This isn't a psychic attack that stops the proto-Rhino, but another mind taking over or melding with its own.