Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Way Of Using Volt's Electrical Shield.

Mrevasivepants

Question

Greetings everyone!

I'm bringing you a new way of using Volt's shields!

I've played Volt for a VERY long time, over a year, even though my profiles says that i've played ash the most, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! I love volt and he's a very good and highly versatile warframe, he can fit anything, including defenses! that's right, step over frost, i'm giving you a new way to use volt's shields!

I've never actually seen ANYONE else doing this ever, i oftenly had to teach them so i decided to make a thread out of it let you guys know how to.

Are you tired of your volt shield looking like this?

Look at those gaps on the side! not to mention upwards, you'd probably get hit.

SPi4s2M.jpg

Wouldn't you like to make your Eletrical shield... say... a eletrical BUNKER LIKE THIS?!

zlMUXZh.jpg

Just look at how it protects the defense pods on the defense!

oNZ25tM.jpg

nOtcehh.jpg

Now here's how you actually do it.

Step 1: Aim upward and active volt's shield.

A3tm7QB.jpg

Step 2: Aim downward and activate volt's shield.

Pg7Kh2z.jpg

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

VQaYp9n.jpg

Although you may notice a small gap in the middle, i guarantee you no bullet will go through it because hitboxes. The only things that go through volt's shields is: Auras, Rocket Blasts, and Butcher Kisshuggers.

This may be new to some of you or actually known already, but i swear, i never saw ANYONE besides me doing this and i play since it came out of closed beta.

That's all for now, make sure to share among your friends and give me your opinion! thank you all!

Edited by Mrevasivepants

All is good, except the point You say Shield is affected by power range - which is not... Don't get me wrong, It's a good way to use it this way, also not many people even know they can shoot through the Shield (i experienced it too many times myself when i was using Volt). Thing is You need to check wiki 'coz otherwise You passing wrong info to the community (or less informed Volt users on that matter).

Edited by Shinadamaru

All is good, except the point You say Shield is affected by power range - which is not... Don't get me wrong, It's a good way to use it this way, also not many people even know they can shoot through the Shield (i experienced it too many times myself when i was using Volt). Thing is You need to check wiki 'coz otherwise You passing wrong info to the community (or less informed Volt users on that matter).

I could swear that it was affected by range, i'm going to try it out later even though the wiki says it doesn't. but for the meantime, i've edited it and erased that blasphemy sentence, thanks!

Edit: you're right, range doesn't affect it, thanks for notifying me.

Yep this will defend the pod beyond wave 10 on T1 Defense

corrected that for you*

Edited by Mrevasivepants

The only thing that matters for shield is duration.

Incorrect! What affects the shield is only duration, strength used to affect its damage %, but apparently now it doesn't. the volt's shield still increases damage by 200% and crit multiplier by 2x, fire away your dreads!

are you sure? are you really really sure? Does E-shield have HP? No?

The only problem with this ability is you have to spam it on certain positions.

the only good reason why there's a gap in the pod is that i can't cast the bunker right in the middle of it, i've to be on either the right side or the left side, and which ever i choose the pod will gap off the other side. so i guess you can just put one extra additional shield on the gapped side and that's it.

The problem with good shield volt it little-to-no range it sake of 260%+ duration. So shield can hold for more than a minute. Spam 8 shields each minute... well its possible...

And it will really protect the pod from any damage.