Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Way Of Using Volt's Electrical Shield.

Mrevasivepants

Question

Greetings everyone!

I'm bringing you a new way of using Volt's shields!

I've played Volt for a VERY long time, over a year, even though my profiles says that i've played ash the most, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! I love volt and he's a very good and highly versatile warframe, he can fit anything, including defenses! that's right, step over frost, i'm giving you a new way to use volt's shields!

I've never actually seen ANYONE else doing this ever, i oftenly had to teach them so i decided to make a thread out of it let you guys know how to.

Are you tired of your volt shield looking like this?

Look at those gaps on the side! not to mention upwards, you'd probably get hit.

SPi4s2M.jpg

Wouldn't you like to make your Eletrical shield... say... a eletrical BUNKER LIKE THIS?!

zlMUXZh.jpg

Just look at how it protects the defense pods on the defense!

oNZ25tM.jpg

nOtcehh.jpg

Now here's how you actually do it.

Step 1: Aim upward and active volt's shield.

A3tm7QB.jpg

Step 2: Aim downward and activate volt's shield.

Pg7Kh2z.jpg

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

VQaYp9n.jpg

Although you may notice a small gap in the middle, i guarantee you no bullet will go through it because hitboxes. The only things that go through volt's shields is: Auras, Rocket Blasts, and Butcher Kisshuggers.

This may be new to some of you or actually known already, but i swear, i never saw ANYONE besides me doing this and i play since it came out of closed beta.

That's all for now, make sure to share among your friends and give me your opinion! thank you all!

Edited by Mrevasivepants

Your amprex is powered by minecraft diamond ore blocks ? Also RIP helios.

Aren't you getting knocked down by rockets ?

Bombards are rampant cheaters and their rocket AOE hits you even trough a solid 5m thick wall. So yeah this defence wouldn't help in T3/T4 def.

frost globe or limbo cataclysm still does the job better...

just use the shield as intended, like a piece of cover you can shoot through. it works best like that

I disagree, volt is meant to "stack" with frost or limbo, as for frost volt can shield the entire globe while globe prevents the melee units from getting into your "base".

With limbo you can use electric shield to shoot through cata, making a near invisible fortress.

If the volt player likes busy game play then volt can easily be the primary defense for any defensive mission, but I find he works best as a stacker with either frost or limbo, giving a synergy that no other frame can give to both.

I disagree, volt is meant to "stack" with frost or limbo, as for frost volt can shield the entire globe while globe prevents the melee units from getting into your "base".

With limbo you can use electric shield to shoot through cata, making a near invisible fortress.

If the volt player likes busy game play then volt can easily be the primary defense for any defensive mission, but I find he works best as a stacker with either frost or limbo, giving a synergy that no other frame can give to both.

i never said he couldn't stack

i simply said frost and cataclysm do a better job defending by themselves than the shield by itself

Wow you and I are alike. My profile says ash is my most used frame but I've been maining volt for awhile now. But I too thought I was the the only who knew about this. It actually helped me learn the mechanics of the AI so I only cast one shield above me. Never thought about using it on a pod cause no one wants me to bring volt in a defense missions. +1 to you

I might be $&*&*#(%& but I don't think I get it. So you deploy 2 shields horizontally and they protect the whole pod?

yes, but on the top sides it gaps off a little bit, though it's unlikely they'll specifically shoot there.

Someone told me about this the other day in a G3 farm and it doesn't work very well. You still take damage from the little gap in the middle of them. So i'm guessing the pod would still take damage as well.

I ever so doubt that damage taken is from the little gap in the middle, i've used this so many times and the only times i actually got hit were Auras, rocket/grenade blasts, very rarely melees and there were those moments i went: WTF IM GETTING HIT FROM NO WHERE, then i realized i had a slash proc on.