Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember The Snipetron?

-DM-churrok

DE are complete trolls making the best sniper rifle in the game a one time event weapon.

Snipertron vandal:

-Hitscan

-3m innate punch through

-On par crit chance and multiplier with other snipers.

-Good Damage (puncture based), good clip size and reload speed.

It how other snipers should be.

DE are complete trolls making the best sniper rifle in the game a one time event weapon.

Snipertron vandal:

-Hitscan

-3m innate punch through

-On par crit chance and multiplier with other snipers.

-Good Damage (puncture based), good clip size and reload speed.

It how other snipers should be.

Well, it was good when it was released. Powercreep times have changed though and DE doesn't adjust old/limited/exclusive gear because those who don't have them will be butthurt over it.

Well, it was good when it was released. Powercreep times have changed though and DE doesn't adjust old/limited/exclusive gear because those who don't have them will be butthurt over it.

Well compared to other weapon types it's inferior but in terms of sniper rifles it's the best. I just want to use snipers more but they just aren't good enough in comparison. The snipertron vandal was actually buffed in the previous sniper buffs, the problem with snipers is they don't fit well in most scenarios in warframe with how many enemies there can be at once. And also nullifiers!

DE does adjust event weapons.  SV had its damage increased and punch-through added at the same time other sniper weapons were similarly changed.

Although, it was arguably more powerful relative to other weapons pre-Damage 2.0, since it used to do armor-piercing damage back then.

Well compared to other weapon types it's inferior but in terms of sniper rifles it's the best. I just want to use snipers more but they just aren't good enough in comparison. The snipertron vandal was actually buffed in the previous sniper buffs, the problem with snipers is they don't fit well in most scenarios in warframe with how many enemies there can be at once. And also nullifiers!

Nah, you might as well use a latron prime/wraith instead. It definitely was amazing back in the day when we could just stack armor piercing and doing 2k damage to an enemy was a big deal. The only thing that changed, was svandal got innate punch through and that's it.

If DE cared about "relics" then lato vandal would be on the same level as a marelok, but that's really hard to imagine. It's just the way DE does things, everything that has stats and is limited/exclusive can't be better than anything that's available to everyone, regardless how rare and powerful the description says it is.

Edited by kiteohatto

Nah, you might as well use a latron prime/wraith instead. It definitely was amazing back in the day when we could just stack armor piercing and doing 2k damage to an enemy was a big deal. The only thing that changed, was svandal got innate punch through and that's it.

If DE cared about "relics" then lato vandal would be on the same level as a marelok, but that's really hard to imagine. It's just the way DE does things, everything that has stats and is limited/exclusive can't be better than anything that's available to everyone, regardless how rare and powerful the description says it is.

I wouldnt mind seeing Lato and braton vandal get a little buff. I love em. They are rather old weapons though. them getting a buff would be nice but aint.. necesary give em a special augment mod or something. I dunno. that works on the normal versions too. keeps it balanced a bit no? (or atleast the non owners wouldnt cry then. xP ) 

I wouldnt mind seeing Lato and braton vandal get a little buff. I love em. They are rather old weapons though. them getting a buff would be nice but aint.. necesary give em a special augment mod or something. I dunno. that works on the normal versions too. keeps it balanced a bit no? (or atleast the non owners wouldnt cry then. xP ) 

Not how it works im afraid. If some people can have special gear then by all that is right and mighty it better have terrible stats so it's not used and it can't be better than anything currently out there.

I don't even have lato or braton vandals, but they are totally badass and they should make people go "holy S#&$, look at that!". Instead of "nice relic bro, hope you like your 3k mastery exp". It's really such a shame, rare things should be "legendary" if you know what i mean.

Braton Vandal is in a decent place actually.  It's roughly on par with the Braton Prime.  Not the best weapon out there, but it's nice for content up to level 35 or so.

Lato vandal though... well, the entire lato family needs some love.

I sold mine

Edit: can I get it back by submitting a ticket?

Yes you can.

Make sure you have a free weapon slot before you send in a ticket.

I sold mine

Edit: can I get it back by submitting a ticket?

Only if its not been more than 30 days since you've sold it.

A friend of mine got his Braton Vandal back when he submitted a ticket like a year after he sold it during Close Beta.

Ever since they teased the "in-shop" Darvo Deals, I've said that they should just use that opportunity to introduce vaulted weapons (for credits) via Darvo.

Just have him pop up with a message, using the Snipetron as an example:

"Tenno, I recently ehm, liberated some crates of Corpus scrap metal, and by liberated I don't mean that I scooped them up from a burning wreck *cough*. Turns out they were packed with old and antiquated weapons, but I'm sensing an opportunity here. Some of you Tenno enjoy collecting old relics, so I'm going to sell it to you.... For a price of course."

rkUHfmC.png
I need coffee, that PS was quite horrible, but it gets the point across.

Edited by Farris

^ thats a good idea but 100k is a bit too cheap for how old this weapon is. If baro can sell skins for 500k then actual old event gear should cost considerably more. People who will want these are mostly collectors anyway who already have more than enough credits to throw away on mastery/nostalgia.

I think that they have said they are bringing back old event weapons eventually, and there is always the weapons vault that they pull from every so often.

Yes but Snipetron already has been taken from the vault one time so... don't expect anything, sadly.

Yes but Snipetron already has been taken from the vault one time so... don't expect anything, sadly.

they just need to put the old events into the codex as a quest.

every time they add two more events, the next even could be added.

by the way, does anyone know when the next event is? I dont care about these contests at all, I want an event.

I don't have a vandal, just the "stock" version of it. And I make myself feel better by telling myself I can at least color my sniper rifle to look as obscene as I want it to look. 

I count it as a little victory. 

For me, whether sniper rifle's are usable or not depends on the level of zoom and overlay.

It must have a relatively low level of zoom and a relatively clear overlay.

If it makes me zoom in on Salad V's nose hairs, whilst obscuring him with glyphs and noise filters, I don't want to know.

But if that was all OK, then yeah, I'd be very interested in the Snipertron Vandal.