The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker, Teshin, Lotus - The Guardians

Morec0

Or, like I've said before, maybe humans just naturally live a lot longer than we do now.

Well there's living longer and then there's being probably thousands of years old without any signs of medical distress. Even Frohd Bek's been inferred to be on some kind of Corpus life support.

I agree that normal lifespan has DRASTICALLY increased, but it seems there might be something else in play here.

Edited by Morec0

Well there's living longer and then there's being probably thousands of years old without any signs of medical distress. Even Frohd Bek's been inferred to be on some kind of Corpus life support.

I agree that normal lifespan has DRASTICALLY increased, but it seems there might be something else in play here.

The gap between Orokin and Current Day is thousands of years, so yeah I agree, just a simple life span extension explanation seems a bit weak.

The gap between Orokin and Current Day is thousands of years, so yeah I agree, just a simple life span extension explanation seems a bit weak.

From what I've gathered, nobody knows exactly how long. Some say a few hundred years, some say a thousand, some say multiple thousands of years. I believe it's at least a thousand, maybe two. Could be some kind of Void magic keeping people alive that long?

From what I've gathered, nobody knows exactly how long. Some say a few hundred years, some say a thousand, some say multiple thousands of years. I believe it's at least a thousand, maybe two. Could be some kind of Void magic keeping people alive that long?

Only the Tenno have survived the void.

It's been hundreds. The Lotus says it during the Infested Quest that it's been hundreds of years since the Orokin were killed and that the Infestation died with them.

As I said above, it's only been hundreds of years.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

It's been hundreds. The Lotus says it during the Infested Quest that it's been hundreds of years since the Orokin were killed and that the Infestation died with them.

Well for one a source would be nice. Two, hundreds can still mean a few thousand.

Oh, really? Hmm... Can you find like video evidence of this in someone's playthrough of the quest? The wiki's not providing any backup for the claim. I think I recall that, but there's nothing solid supporting that.

Well for one a source would be nice. Two, hundreds can still mean a few thousand.

Aye, but certainly not in the lengths I think we were speculating before, 5-13 thousand and such.

Oh, really? Hmm... Can you find like video evidence of this in someone's playthrough of the quest? The wiki's not providing any backup for the claim. I think I recall that, but there's nothing solid supporting that.

Aye, but certainly not in the lengths I think we were speculating before, 5-13 thousand and such.

I was speculating 2-10

The guardians are just orokin militia

Stalker was probably a die hard uberpatriot orokin fanboi. Just another person brainwashed by their propaganda. He probably supported the creation of the tenno and the abuse of human resources to do it. Perhaps he had family or a loved one in the orokin hierarchy who was killed that day. Perhaps he felt we were so close to extinction that all lives remaining were valuable no matter their deeds .

I could even see stalker being a teacher. But I can't logically see tenshin stalker and lotus as members of a group called guardians more so than just considering them all in the orokin army.

Any fighter should be able to recognize an attack pose or intent not just a sensei

Edited by T4LCOMX

Devs confirmed millennia a while back during their use of the term spiritual successor

Devs confirmed millennia a while back during their use of the term spiritual successor

Oh wait, we're talking about time period between Dark Sector and Warframe? GreyEnneract was talking about time between the Orokin and the present day, which is hundreds. I'll try to find a video of it.

Oh wait, we're talking about time period between Dark Sector and Warframe? GreyEnneract was talking about time between the Orokin and the present day, which is hundreds. I'll try to find a video of it.

I was under the impression we were talking about the time between the Orokin and Warframe Eras as well.

The time between Dark Sector and Warframe is still unknown. Though it doesn't really matter the specifics, a safe saying of "a S#&$load of time" is good enough.

It's the same. It's literally the same model, but Teshin has cloth on his arms and thighs, and his helmet is different, but everything else is the same, just bronze (for Teshin).

Just checked this, Tenshin is based on the Arbiter Armour but there are notable differences:

The chest armour is completely different (Even ignoring the cloth),

The thigh armour isn't cloth it's solid, different armour,

The circles on the ankles and writs have illuminated recesses.

Floating armoured back circle.... (Oh hang on, that looks a lot like the type of thing fused on the back of the Ancients)

Looks like this is something standard where Tensin has a fancy version, perhaps a non-Warframe Orokin-era tech suit. The sort of thing that the Zero-suits replaced in the Sentient War due to problems sending Tech up against then.

Edited by SilentMobius

Just checked this, Tenshin is based on the Arbiter Armour but there are notable differences:

The chest armour is completely different (Even ignoring the cloth),

The thigh armour isn't cloth it's solid, different armour,

The circles on the ankles and writs have illuminated recesses.

Floating armoured back circle.... (Oh hang on, that looks a lot like the type of thing fused on the back of the Ancients)

Looks like this is something standard where Tensin has a fancy version, perhaps a non-Warframe Orokin-era tech suit. The sort of thing that the Zero-suits replaced in the Sentient War due to problems sending Tech up against then.

TeshinPlaceholder.png

twPsKRz.png

arbiters_of_hexis_render_by_antoineflemm

Does it still look that different to you?

The model itself is pretty much the same, but yes, there are the differences. Doesn't change the fact that it's the same model, except one is just the armor, with patterns and no lights, and the other is some of that armor, with more armor and lights. That's why I wonder if the reuse of the model (because it is a reuse of the Arbiters model) is simply a matter of reuse or if there is any lore-based significance.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Does it still look that different to you?

The model itself is pretty much the same, but yes, there are the differences. Doesn't change the fact that it's the same model, except one is just the armor, with patterns and no lights, and the other is some of that armor, with more armor and lights. That's why I wonder if the reuse of the model (because it is a reuse of the Arbiters model) is simply a matter of reuse or if there is any lore-based significance.

Absolutely, I know 3d Modeling, those are completely seperate meshes I guarantee that. Sure Tenshin is based on the Arbiter body. I concede that the differences in the chest are mostly a more detailed normal map and shader (a lot of the indents aren't present on the Arbiter normal map, possibly it's stored at a lower mip-level) but the thighs are definitely part of the armour design-style, not the cloth shrouding the arms. but they do cover legs identical to the Arbiter mesh.

It's "reuse" in the same way as Nyx Prime. The Tenno Nyx model was used as a base and new sections were sculpted onto it, with their own UV maps. But there is a separate Nyx and Nyx prime mesh in-game.

I do think that the Arbiter Armour will have historical significance. And I can't help but feel that the Arbiters may well be descendants of a similar "caste" of humans compared to Tenshin.

Edited by SilentMobius

Absolutely, I know 3d Modeling, those are completely seperate meshes I guarantee that. Sure Tenshin is based on the Arbiter body. I concede that the differences in the chest are mostly a more detailed normal map and shader (a lot of the indents aren't present on the Arbiter normal map, possibly it's stored at a lower mip-level) but the thighs are definitely part of the armour design-style, not the cloth shrouding the arms. but they do cover legs identical to the Arbiter mesh.

It's "reuse" in the same way as Nyx Prime. The Tenno Nyx model was used as a base and new sections were sculpted onto it, with their own UV maps. But there is a separate Nyx and Nyx prime mesh in-game.

I do think that the Arbiter Armour will have historical significance. And I can't help but feel that the Arbiters may well be descendants of a similar "caste" of humans compared to Tenshin.

Well, yeah, they're different meshes, but it's still using the base. Just like with Nyx and Nyx Prime. Different meshes, but it's not a remodeled Nyx. It's Nyx with a different texture and new sections. I'm absolutely saying that the same is the case with Teshin. I just wonder if it's significant. It might not be significant, honestly. Wouldn't be the first time assets are reused in a game, with no in-game explanation.

Teshin and Arbiters speak the same language, but two different dialects.

Both appeal to Tenno to take control of their own destiny. But where the Arbiters wish the Tenno to be more than just warriors, Teshin sees the path to unity and independence in becoming a more trained warrior.

However, both could stem from Orokin times during the Collapse (?) When they blamed Lotus for corrupting the Tenno clans.

I am confused as to what they think she did, but lead like oxen can't be good however you look at it.

And the leading astray bit can include the subjects od the Orokin as a whole. The Empire died because the discipline and steangth had left them.

I suppose they have a big task now of writing the joint story of Teshin and Lotus.