Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows And What It Has Come To Be.

T3chnoM0nkey

Cost - 3145 a day isn't much althought sents are free.

Kubs don't die easily in high levels unlike sents. Yes sents can do all that but they die almost as soon as corrupted bombards start spawning. Even if your batdog went down you can just rez it.

Raksa outperforms Wyrm any day. Howl is godlike and has much less cool down compared to Crowd Dispersal and the shield restore thingy is far more useful imo again because of the short cool down unlike Guardian.

The only thing that keeps sents from being obsolete is the lazy players that use Carrier and the crappy ai on kubs.

I used carrier before i got a kubrow :s Don't kill me pls.

To me the bigger part of the problem is that the Kubrow doesn't seem to work the way it should. I'm okay with the constant money sink to keep it up, because it is stronger than sentinels. However, the problem is that the AI for the Kubrow needs a lot of work. I sold mine not really because of the money, but because half the time it seemed to be glitched or bugged and was more of a hindrance than a help. I even tried to use the locker opening mod for my kubrow, to use it for treasure hunting. A lot of the time the Kubrow wouldn't even approach the lockers to try to unlock them, and would instead constantly bug out. It drove me absolutely nuts -- it just was too janky to use. 

If the Kubrow AI is improved I'd probably use it again, until then I'll stick with Sentinels. 

To me the bigger part of the problem is that the Kubrow doesn't seem to work the way it should. I'm okay with the constant money sink to keep it up, because it is stronger than sentinels. However, the problem is that the AI for the Kubrow needs a lot of work. I sold mine not really because of the money, but because half the time it seemed to be glitched or bugged and was more of a hindrance than a help. I even tried to use the locker opening mod for my kubrow, to use it for treasure hunting. A lot of the time the Kubrow wouldn't even approach the lockers to try to unlock them, and would instead constantly bug out. It drove me absolutely nuts -- it just was too janky to use. 

If the Kubrow AI is improved I'd probably use it again, until then I'll stick with Sentinels. 

I'm pretty sure it got fixed quite some time ago. Kubrows deffinetly do help now :) try them again and you'll be amazed

The doggies can permanently die.

I can't take that.

So I'm abstaining from getting one.

Have been since they were added.

Perma death just isn't a mechanic I enjoy in anyway shape or form.

Just adds stress to the experience.

Kubrows do not cost that much credits at all. Just the 100,000 Credits for the Incubator Power Core and thats all...

Just put your Kubrow into Stasis before the daily reset and bam! You have saved yourself from decaying problem.

As for the power level, My fully-modded kubrows can face-tank Level 80 enemies and they are often more durable than me. 

I'm not saying that Kubrows are great, but you just pummel them to the ground more than they deserve.

The problem is the 3 HOUR cooldown. If that could be done without annoyance, I'd like using my kubrow more often. I love my kubrow, but I'm not rolling in credits. The price get steep when I'm broke.

It's a little harder to maintain then a sentinal (witch is why many players do not use them) but bisides that they are better overall, its a fair trade for thoses who want to spend the time on them...or remember they need to go in their stasis crates at night...

PS: I agree also on the stasis cooldown needing a shorter time, I can pick whatever sentinal I need for whatever the mission demands but I cant do this with Kubrows.

Edited by Monybags33

I'm actually kinda starting to see a point in using Kubrows now.

On tankier frames, they are better tgan sentinels because, firstly, they have a lot more durability, and can be healed at will.

Secondly, though they don't have the same amount of utility as a sentinel with its multiple precepts, they do what they do better than the equivalent

On Banshee or Mirage, there is no way I'd take a Kubrow over a sentinel, but on Chroma, well, at that point I am tanky enough to have an unkillable Doge, and given the way I play Chroma, guardian is a drawback, and dince I will be meleeing a lot anyway, I can keep dog in good health.

The only thing that I still really don't like is the staisis cooldown.

Given that it discourages just equipping them on a whim.

Or stopping you from switching out your farming sahasa for your raiding Huras.

The problem is the 3 HOUR cooldown. If that could be done without annoyance, I'd like using my kubrow more often. I love my kubrow, but I'm not rolling in credits. The price get steep when I'm broke.

Some advice to help you out.

You only need to buy DNA about every 24 days or so, and running a T3-T4 capture missions already yields 50K credits or so.

Beyond that, you just need to get the mods up one time, which in general isn't supposed to be done all in one day to begin with

To be honest there shouldn't be any excuse not to maintain it. It only takes an hour of your time (could be less give-or-take), to run a few capture missions for the money, or hell any void mission, and you can always ask recruit, and their are plenty out there willing to help you out get some runs done!

And this isn't directed to you, this is in general with the players on here making excuses, since in perspective is not that steep at all.

Kubrows were supposed to have wall run animations... they were shown pre-release.  This shows how incomplete of a entry into the game they are.

They have horrid attack animations, more often then not they miss their target.

Their AI interaction leaves much wanting. 

The attack patterns and methods they attack in are... less then desiring. I'd like to see wall-running attack launches into ground pins etc. Dogs/wolves don't claw at you, they bite and tear. 

I'd like to see Sunika given the Hunt ability (and renamed) and the Huras given the VIP taken-down. Hunting dogs don't recklessly attack, they stalk high profile targets and take them down silently. 

I'd like more basic animations in regards to running and walking in combat vs out of combat. In combat animations should have the dog closer to the ground, shrinking its profile while being more aerodynamic for speed.

And I can keep this list continuing, but I'll stop here.

Edited by SilverZs

As for the credit dump, honestly who cares. it's slightly more than 3k credits per day, and honestly I pick that out of lockers and pots while playing normal missions. If you can't afford 3k a day then you shouldn't have a kubrow yet. If credits are REALLY an issue for you, equip the Scavange mod, and then one room with lockers should be enough to keep funding your kubrow.

I have old clanmates who still make excuses about credits, and yet I see them online almost daily running void runs.

If they have the time to make 50K+ credits on void runs, they have the time to take a few seconds to maintain a Kubrow.

The perma death of them is rather out of place, also I don't believe it's ever actually communicated anywhere in game prior to getting a kubrow that it is possible to lose a kubrow permanently to degeneration.

The upkeep cost is annoying but not crippling so I can live with it. However the number one thing that stops me from using kubrows is the 3 hour timer when bringing them out of stasis, completely kills the point of having more than one kubrow and there even being different kubrow breeds. I have a Huras, Raksa and Sahasa and there's just no point to it as I can only ever use one per play session.

my biggest issues are, you cant freely and easily swap between your kubrows without waiting 3 hours or rushing its thaw process with plat, the credit sink of course, RNG to get A breed you want and to have it look decent (unless you fork over the tons of plat to other players for their imprints) every turn there is another plat or credit sink, you can not customize them with your color pallets, no your limited to the very small selection they give you. 

over all there is just to much maintenance and other S#&$ to them, you can only have one available for use at a time where as sentinels you can swap them out whenever you want.

At this point, you only lose a kubrow if you, the player, do nothing about it, meaning that it's 100% your fault.

There's not really much of an excuse any more, given that it takes something ridiculous like two weeks for one to go from full health to dead, assuming you never take care of it. That's a really long time.

Really? Because fun factor is that people going on vacation on summer will have to enjoy coming back and meet there dead Kubrow 

My favorite Kubrow was named "Pinecone". I have no clue what its breed was, save that I had already maxxed one already. It never left the ship. I never fed it. At no time did I give it a ear rub. I watched it as it died, unloved, unwanted, unused, and utterly untouched.

Ordis sent me a message informing me that Piecone's lifeless carcass had been ejected into the cold dead vacuum of space. I treasure that email. I will keep it as long as warframe exists.

10/10.

I'm willing to sell a kubrow to the lotus, but I will not pay her a single credit to take it. If she wants to take it, I'll give it to her for free. If she thinks she's getting the ludicrous sum of 25k just to throw away my dog, she is wrong.

I'm willing to spend 100 credits a month on upkeeep for them.

PS

Tenno Kittens? I will manually hunt the fish from the grineer tileset to feed them.

Edited by EvilKam

I feel like kubrows have a few really good points and a few really things that make you go "why should I bother with this?".

For me, the biggest charm in warframe is that there's so much diversity. You can switch from one ridiculous setup to the next instantly.

With kubrows, this is not possible. The recovery time limits my options. I can see why they've done it, (we're supposed to be punished for using stasis) but I cannot switch without waiting for 3 hours. They've made it less enjoyable to a point where I'm wondering "why bother?". Also it doesn't make sense when compared to things like weapons and sentinels. 

I still use them every now and then, but I really cannot predict what kind of kubrow I want to use in 3 hours and if I'm not in the mood for it at that point then why bother?

I agree if DE made them cheaper to keep and took away the wait time to switch them alot more people will try to keep them or actually use them. I use em all the time. I'm all about late game and carrier is not late game. People are cheap that's the reason why they don't use them. Carrier cost nothing to use or cost nothing if it blows up. And dogs do. I'll bet you money that if they started putting repair cost on carrier and maintenence on him you would see alot less carriers lol.

The Kubrows degrading over time without dying is something I would appreciate.

but that's the only way i get my kubrow steak when i don't get the species of kubrow i want! (there's no way i'm paying to get rid of it when the problem can solve it self and give me delicacy at the same time