Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inquiry About Beta-End Resets (If Any?)

Vorsches

Hello my fellow Tenno, I was wondering if any of you had any insight on what happens after beta testing finishes... whenever that might be.

Now, I heard a while back that when open beta ends there would/might be optional account resets. I just wanted to know if this was still "the plan". If so, will I start fresh with all my platinum purchases and prime access? Would I lose the event/anniversary weapons I collected? Are they going to be re-attainable (or if one missed them, able to be obtained at all)? Would I have an opportunity to get all the gear I worked to find and build again? (For example, the now removed Reaper Prime and Frost Prime.)

As an unrelenting completionist, it hurts that with the recent updates I have fallen pretty far behind due to going to University and life in general. I have considered quitting and never coming back, but I already put so much into this game that I can't imagine doing that. However, on the bright side, I'm also a person who doesn't have trouble starting fresh as long as there is opportunity to match or surpass their previous accomplishments. That said, I ask these questions because I would love to stay as a part of Warframe, but I'd also like to be able to take solace in the idea that I can take care of real life and still be able to chip away at one of my all time favorite games ever.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone knows more on this and is willing to share.

Pretty sure that's nowhere near so DE themselves dunno how would they go about it.

And at that last reset it was said that it's a one-time thing only. Don't think it was applied only to beta game. Unless you know something we don't.

Yeah, and take it easy with those habits.

Resets never happened, but it was an optional limited feature, a long time ago. It might come back, it might not, but it would still remain optional.

Oh they happened back in the very early closed beta (U2 was one of them) but I would highly doubt that they will do a mandatory account reset for all players this long after the first ones. 

Pretty sure that's nowhere near so DE themselves dunno how would they go about it.

And at that last reset it was said that it's a one-time thing only. Don't think it was applied only to beta game. Unless you know something we don't.

Yeah, and take it easy with those habits.

Gotta... complete... them... all...

Maybe I'll just quit and save myself the pain, I have considered doing so and having a big give-away goodbye before. Now it just seems like the more reasonable approach, I really can't keep this up forever and falling behind in my need to "complete the game" is only proof of that.

Oh they happened back in the very early closed beta (U2 was one of them) but I would highly doubt that they will do a mandatory account reset for all players this long after the first ones. 

I only joined in around Update 6, and never heard of a forced reset, but no other reset was ever mandatory since then. Only added as an optional feature.

I doubt resets will be coming back. Can't say with 100% certainty, but I doubt it.

I'm sorry to hear you're falling out of line with the game, I know the feeling. Don't beat yourself up over it too much, there will always be more events, more exclusive weapons, more skins. You'd probably never use the "Zebra" Paracyst skin even if you had it.

I only joined in around Update 6, and never heard of a forced reset, but no other reset was ever mandatory since then. Only added as an optional feature.

I only know about them because I was trying to see when the Infested were added a long time ago.

As I said though I would highly doubt that DE will run a full game account reset this long after the last one (the last one that I found was U5 back in December 2012).

I doubt resets will be coming back. Can't say with 100% certainty, but I doubt it.

I'm sorry to hear you're falling out of line with the game, I know the feeling. Don't beat yourself up over it too much, there will always be more events, more exclusive weapons, more skins. You'd probably never use the "Zebra" Paracyst skin even if you had it.

This is a very good point, I do have it and I don't use it, I don't know if I ever will again really (woo, paracyst#1 mastery fodder). And event weapons rarely act as anything more than earn brownie points for my completionist complex as collector's items.

Thanks, this helps put things in a better perspective =)

-snip-

Why does one have to go to extremes?

Just go on with your life and come back from time to time if you've heard the news of some update coming out and it getting your interest peaked.

This game drives you nuts, makes you salivate about completing it(even though there is no endgame here), brings frustration and not joy?

I mean, it's one thing to get frustrated over what DE occasionally.. sometimes.. does with this game in terms of balance and stuff, but the gameplay itself becoming a hassle..?

Maybe it really is better for one to go to save the nerves.

..a week or a month ago.

Just go on with your life and come back from time to time if you've heard the news of some update coming out and it getting your interest peaked.

This is what I've been doing for a while now. Anyone who knows the void grind also knows it's a real time sink. I haven't been wanting to put in the time (and especially not the money) for the cool stuff that comes out in updates or out of the void these days, so even though I don't aim to be a completionist anymore, it's still too much of the same thing.

This is what I've been doing for a while now. Anyone who knows the void grind also knows it's a real time sink. I haven't been wanting to put in the time (and especially not the money) for the cool stuff that comes out in updates or out of the void these days, so even though I don't aim to be a completionist anymore, it's still too much of the same thing.

The longer you wait, the higher the drop chance for the new stuff becomes, so it's in your favour.

I've never been fond of prime gear aesthetically, so it's always been very easy for me to ignore XD

The longer you wait, the higher the drop chance for the new stuff becomes, so it's in your favour.

I've never been fond of prime gear aesthetically, so it's always been very easy for me to ignore XD

Some of it can be a bit gaudy, but oh man... DE just pumped out Nyx and Volt. Besides Loki, they are my favourites. Vasto and Soma look fun too. Of all the things I'd be ok with keeping up to date with it's prime pieces but they also happen to be the biggest time-sinks.

i remember ( a long time ago ) that i reset my account... thats the past mb they offer it sometime soon because the game has changed that much... but that was optional !!! they said that there will be no "reset" unless ppl want to reset their own account.
so if there is a reset its pure optional...
btw:
reset condition: u will regain all ur plat and founder exclusives BUT loose all other warframes / weapons / malee including ur mastery rank ;)

Edited by XRacKS

This game drives you nuts, makes you salivate about completing it(even though there is no endgame here), brings frustration and not joy?

I mean, it's one thing to get frustrated over what DE occasionally.. sometimes.. does with this game in terms of balance and stuff, but the gameplay itself becoming a hassle..?

Maybe it really is better for one to go to save the nerves.

..a week or a month ago.

FOLLOW HIS ADVICE, I MEAN IT!

keep only the things you really like. so you wont get too exhausted.

like me, I only keep weapons & frames that I like, the rest? all mastery fodders.