Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Vote In Excalibur To Appear In Super Smash Bros (The Megathread)

Holzmeister

YOU KNOW WHAT? LET'S DO IT.

If we could have Snake in Smash, we can have Excal.

And remember folks, it isn't a 'most popular wins' voting. They just said they'll take whoever they get into a consideration. And with how trolly Sakurai is with picking characters, this could be a thing.

So, according to: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

They're taking a vote on which characters to add to the next rendition of super smash brothers.

I think we should propose a excalibur from warframe, given his status.

It would be a great thing for us(LOTS of exposure to even more players!) and would be interesting overall.

Plus, y'know, excal already kinda fit the theme!

What do you think? I'm certain we could win this if we pull together like we have before!

Warframes on all the consoles! IMAGINE IT!

Some reasons for why excal:

His skill set isn't out of bounds with what SSB characters can do already.

He could have multiple weapon styles.

He's a popular character.

Most people think warframes and ninjas should look like him.

Make sure you vote for Excalibur, spelled just like that, so that we don't dillute our votes with typos.

Edited by Llyssa

excluding copyrights laws... My vote is for Exal - he is the trademark of WF

Well, they'd OBVIOUSLY have to get DE's permission, and have to pay DE royalties. Which means more money for DE, which means more dev team work for us, which means faster updates. We all win.

The trademark thing would go for any non-nintendo game, and SSB is quite a lucrative investment based on previous and projected sales. Plus, it would be additional advertising for the game.

Well, they'd OBVIOUSLY have to get DE's permission, and have to pay DE royalties. Which means more money for DE, which means more dev team work for us, which means faster updates. We all win.

The trademark thing would go for any non-nintendo game, and SSB is quite a lucrative investment based on previous and projected sales. Plus, it would be additional advertising for the game.

i'm not really keen that much on laws. but imo it's easier to "borrow" a movie character than a game character from another company.

plus we could be at the mercy of Nintendo and their ideas of Excal moves.

now that i think about it ... would he be too similar to Strider ?

Edited by Cracken

i'm not really keen that much on laws. but imo it's easier to "borrow" a movie character than a game character from another company.

plus we could be at the mercy of Nintendo and their ideas of Excal moves.

now that i think about it ... would he be too similar to Strider ?

You *have* to get licensing, or you end up getting sued.

So far as in-game stuff, he's not horribly different from some other existing SSB characters... a dash move, a power jump, a local explosion, and a local stun. Something like a cross between starfox and captain falcon.

Erm...guys...

Isn't it only nintendo characters that get accepted?

According to the site:

Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.

Plus, they've been variously including characters like megaman(capcom property) and sonic(SEGA property).  So it's not unthinkable they'd like to add other popular choices.

Plus, they've been variously including characters like megaman(capcom property) and sonic(SEGA property).  So it's not unthinkable they'd like to add other popular choices.

Megaman: Appeared on Nintendo consoles during it's origin

Sonic: Through technicality it has appeared on nintendo consoles, so it counts.

And every other character has had some relation to nintendo.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 appeared on the NES and MGS3: Snake Eater was remade on the 3DS. So again, through technicality, they do count.

Warframe though? No significant relation whatsoever

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Could just have a generic 'Warframe' character, with four skins (colours), Excalibur, Ember, Volt and Mag, and loosely follow their themes more than their abilities to come up with a single moveset with slightly different flashy effects tied in.

That said, Warframe has never been compatible with a Nintendo-made console, and likely won't be for a long time, so it might not really qualify for SSB.