The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ze Redeemer

hellx11

Question

hello all,

what are your thoughts on the redeemer ?

is it a good weapon ?

can it be used for end game content ??

is it worth the time and the cost to make it ? if not are there any better weapons you can suggest ?

thanks

browse_raw.jpg

THIS is the Redeemer.

Not that sword-shotgun.

The Sword-Shotgun is mostly for flash and style, bit too slow and bulky for my taste.

Build it and level it. If you like it, keep it. If not, trash it. You can always amass more resources later.

browse_raw.jpg

THIS is the Redeemer.

Not that sword-shotgun.

The Sword-Shotgun is mostly for flash and style, bit too slow and bulky for my taste.

Build it and level it. If you like it, keep it. If not, trash it. You can always amass more resources later.

well thank you for your opinion....that looks like a pistol with a missile o.o

It has potential but is currently bugged(on PS4).

If you use it with loki you still get the bonus stealth damage so it can be end game and I would recommend giving it a try. And it has innate punchthrough which is fun

I don't know if it's bugged on other platforms but on ps4 if you are to close to any enemy it won't do dmg but they still get rag-dolled.

Blasphemy all of these non-believers! Redeemer is such a great weapon! 

You know that crappy mod Energy channel? max it, use an ability that saps all of your energy, like your 4th ability, then fire away with the redeemer, every pellet will benefit from energy channel, it's some brutal damage!

Ha, melee weapons that require forma, now that's something new.

*noobhellsonoob*

potatoed one then ??

Lots of fun. One of my favourite melee weapons atm. And its shots actually kills things efficiently.

cool thanks

Blasphemy all of these non-believers! Redeemer is such a great weapon! 

You know that crappy mod Energy channel? max it, use an ability that saps all of your energy, like your 4th ability, then fire away with the redeemer, every pellet will benefit from energy channel, it's some brutal damage!

awesome thanks

Edited by hellx11

I love the Redeemer, one of my favorite melee weapons so far.  Keeping it just for the ragdoll shotgun effect is worth it and pretty nice against infested.  It's also immensely satisfying to ragdoll someone and walk up to them laying on the ground and use that finisher on them.  It just feels so good for some reason.

Edited by Ralsk

Yes. Damage is absolutely brutal with Redeemer.

It will one shot heavy enemies well into T4S, and then blast them away in the most amusing fashion.

awesome

Oh, also, who ever said using its stance is hard you definitely never used it.

Also, if you're gonna use the redeemer, make sure you got a max strength volt on your team to speed you up, with the stance, you're pretty much shooting 2 shotgun shells per second.

if no volt is available ?? and your using something like loki or frost ??

It's an excellent melee to have as it basically gives you a third gun. That is a big deal, considering how much more efficient shooting things is. 

Unfortunately it does not copter all that well. 

another good thing about it being a 3rd gun.......no need to worry about running out of ammo

In my opinion, the redeemer is a powerful melee weapon that synergizes well with the various ammo-inefficient endgame guns, especially the Amprex.

When in situations that call for a lot of damage and/or AoE, I primarily use my equipped gun, but I often find myself in less intense situations, such as encountering one or two enemies during a T4 survival. The redeemer's charge shot provides me a quick, powerful, relatively safe way to conserve my gun's ammo and still kill the enemies.

Use it as a 3rd gun with unlimited ammo.

Or if you are using high risk high rewards guns like Ogris/penta and need to take out some closed in mooks, the Redeemer can work as well.

Downside is, it is very lack lustre as a melee weapon actually.

Poor copter etc.

Clunky moveset, mediocre damage, no crit, no status, awful directional melee, decent damage with the charge shot, basically forced to use pair with loki or ash which is sad.

I R8 4/8

thats good considering im getting a loki and prime