Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Are Two Kinds Of Tennos

CanOfBeans

Well I guess, you can say experience is what's most important in a game. It's just like you won't know a weapons full potential until you at least have more than 50k kills with it. That might sound a little too extreme, but it's true from what I see. Everyone is like "Oh hey guys, I really think the bla bla bla is better than bla bla bla", and when asked why, they'd say that "Because so and so told me so and so". Like come on, if you really need to ask people which weapon is the "Best", you're already showing weakness not willing to try them out for yourselves.

Afaik, most people prefer Prime weapons just cause they look better and perform slighty better, and this has really been overshadowing the other non-prime weapons.

Edited by CanOfBeans

I think the whole mastery thing implemented in Warframe is not right. Firstly, getting a weapon to lvl 30 doesn't constitute mastering that particular level, mastering a weapon means to experience much more about that particular weapon including maximizing its damage capability.

Secondly, like some of you have said, it's not mastery when we just level weapons that will most likely end up not being used after it reaches lvl 30...

The thing is...

There is no 'BEST'

Some weapons/abilities/whatever are better than others in certain situations. But there have been times when I have taken Soma Prime or Boltor Prime to a mission and found myself wishing DEARLY that I had brought something else. Something that hit harder per shot or used less ammunition.

Honestly, the SCARIEST player I have EVER seen used a Braton MK-1. He was MR4. He NEVER MISSED. He got more weapon kills in missions than I did with Boltor Prime. He often outscored everyone else. If I EVER see him in Conclave, I am leaving. Period.

Edited by Kalenath

Well I guess, you can say experience is what's most important in a game. It's just like you won't know a weapons full potential until you at least have more than 50k kills with it. That might sound a little too extreme, but it's true from what I see. Everyone is like "Oh hey guys, I really think the bla bla bla is better than bla bla bla", and when asked why, they'd say that "Because so and so told me so and so". Like come on, if you really need to ask people which weapon is the "Best", you're already showing weakness not willing to try them out for yourselves.

Use a different Archgun everygame slaughtering stuff.

Newbs and vets    "Whats that? Howd you do that? Howd you mod it?"

my answer " Fluctus, I shot through the wall. Auto-install"

"Velocitus. I aimed. Auto-install"

etc  

Lol

Personally I'm:

C. MR now means way less than before, as the power farming ruined its sense.

AAnyway, it used to show dedication to the game and time played, which could be linked to a superior knowledge of game mechanics and tools, without being in anyway linked to the actual player skills in the game.

Now it's all messed up so it doesn't even reflect how long you've played anymore...

There are in fact 10 kinds of Tenno.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

01000111011011110110111101100100001000000111000001101111011010010110111001110100

:)

Edited by Kalenath

Meh, I have a MR of 11 and I still think its meaningless. I mean do I really need to rank up every piece of garbage in the game?

It doesn't even show experience. I could have spent hundreds of hours just using my favorite weapons and frames. That yields zero mastery, but I'd certainly be experienced.

I'd like to say that I think that MR doesn't matter.

But every time I do a Survival mission in a public game, and a low MR person joins (in this case 'low' being about 5 or below) I can almost guarantee you they'll trigger the life support at 90%, then run ahead and do so again.

It may just be that I only get paired with complete newbies, trolls, and people who don't understand the concept of looking at things like the chat box or the wiki, but I sadly now have a low opinion of low-MR players until they prove otherwise.

I guess I would be a Tenno C. I play the game for fun, and using all the different weapons, unlocking planet nodes, doing events is FUN.  And I don't do endless defense missions to level my weapons back up to 30 when I enjoy a weapon enough to polarize it, I keep on playing as normal, doing lower level missions to rank the gun up at a normal rate, get a bunch of keys, maybe a specter or two, and get syndicate points to get more things to use and experiment with, and just being a hoarder and collecting things.

I don't shove my MR in anyone's face, and when someone says something about it, I simply say, if you play the game long enough, you'll have the same thing.

And I hate sitting still and camping a spot in any sort of mode.  Probably why my favorite game type is excavation, followed by survival.  I don't care for defense, and I prefer capture if you kill everything along the way.  Just dodging everyone to end a capture mission faster is so dull.  Spy is almost impossible to do in groups so I don't play it.  Interception would be better if you could hack consoles or something to make that counter go faster, my word the mode just takes way way too long, and it is needed to get all those T4 keys... sigh.

Well, thats the general assumption these days, i agree. To find out you have to look at more stats though:

-frame used

-weapon used

-hours played

username helps a little too.

Didn't have this assumption before the viver fiasco.

To find out you ASK them.

Don't make assumptions.

Tenno A.

Because I can accomplish equal to and greater than what an MR19 can do as a mastery rank 10.

And I can do the same to you, accomplishing more than you or another MR 10. It comes down to the induvidual, not the Mastery Rank.

Both of them are right if they are pointing at the correct persons.

MR12+ who just cheesed his way with impatient buying or whatever and grinded non-stop like old Draco, because he just have too much time, isn't really justifying his dedication as implied.

It's like teacher in school making his students memorize the answers/specific pointers to review for the standardized tests.

also there's a third guy that make MR really matter not much-- to me, at least.

Lazy people who don't want to rank-up, because it's lazy, not rewarding enough, too hard or whatever excuse they can project in their heads. An MR2 can have an arsenal and/or experience of an MR12 but he's too lazy to even care about several bonuses.

Edited by faustias

P.S. I'm neither one of them, I just think that people with higher MR actually has more dedication to the game.

Wait... doesn't that mean that there three types? Because you said there are two, but say that you aren't either of them...

But on topic, I say it depends. If I am running a T4S, I do not want a MR 0-3 being on the squad. But If I am on Venus, I expect to see a MR 0-3, and so it doesn't bother me there.

Here's how I go about it: I look at MR, If MR<9, then I look at gear, and I can tell if this person just doesn't like leveling random stuff, or if they're new. If MR>9 then 9, 15, 18 doesn't matter, they probably know what they are doing (or don't, but I can't tell that from MR).

Didn't read more than the first couple of posts, as I'm lazy, but the reality is twofold- high MR generally means you have used a lot of weapons and frames, and from that usage should know how they work, at least in theory.

It also doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD know what's what. I've met many high rank players who learned a few things from me, simply because I've been playing a LOT and with a lot of frames since I started- not because I'm better by any stretch, but because I've spent the time perusing the wiki and experimenting.

My MR15 only means I've used a number weapons and frames. I'm aware some people might be more knowledgeable on some frames or weapons than I am, regardless of their rank, even though their general experience of the game might be less. Just have to keep mind as a player how exactly people can get to those ranks and how it might vary from the way you did.

As long as it's possible to join endless mode pub stomps and rank a weapon to 30 without ever once drawing it from its holster, the idea that higher mastery ranks have more experience with more weaponry is tentative at best.  Heck, this applies to warframes too, since they're mostly about their powers, and not everyone bothers using said powers.

MR is kind of pointless in the grand scheme of things.  It's a mechanic/number even DE doesn't really know what to do with or properly gauge.

I am MR6 and I admit I currently only have Loki, Vectis, Venka, Kunai and an ogris. The reason some people prefer having me over a MR10 is because sometimes those people might have dropped a forma or two into their weapons and many times they didn't drop a single one. Same thing with their warframe. My Loki has 3-4 Forma, My vectis has 4-5, my kunai have 4 my venka have 3-5 and my ogris is in progress of getting 5-6 forma. So would you take someone who knows what they are doing generally and has good, dedicated gear or would you take someone who spent countless hours grinding weapons but their weapons aren't worth jack. Personally I have started working on getting to MR8-9 slowly because I want more trade stuff...

I'm on my way to MR10 (failed the test) and that's only because I want another Extractor running. I have about 20 weapons total, and all of them have 3-6 Forma each, and all but one is potatoed. There's no real reason for a high MR currently except to inflate your E-Penis, so I don't really bother. If they implement the Focus system though......

I'm a hybrid between the two, because higher rank players are usually better than lower rank players. However, there are always exceptions. After MR 7-8, though, it kind of becomes irrelevant.

Edited by Gammaion