Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier List! Something Interesting To Discuss.

Kutsus

What do you think about tier lists? Are they a good way for players to better understand the tools at their disposal?

I think they're great, proper research and time spent testing and contemplating the true efficiency of things allows for a much greater understanding of what's actually going on when ur playing the game in my opinion.

Now im not a warframe veteran, but i am a veteran gamer and analytical, as well as logical thinker, not to mention list maker (most commonly tier lists), and i thought that i may as well try and share this on the forums.

I have been working on 3 tier lists for a while now, 1 for primaries, 1 for pistols and 1 for (solo play) warframes.

To avoid a massive post ill simply be linking them for now, tell me your thoughts. Also be sure to read the notes at the top of the pages.

Primary: https://listsop.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/warframe-primary-tier-list/

Pistol: https://listsop.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/warframe-pistol-tier-list/

Warframe (Solo): https://listsop.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/warframe-tier-list/

Primaries: Why is the Miter in the S tier? It is B tier at best. It was only A tier when it shot three projectiles. Otherwise the list looks pretty good. I would probably bump the Braton Prime up to A tier, but that is personal preference.

Secondaries: None of the Bronco family should be in the S tier. They are only good on paper if you don't compensate for the fact that it takes less than a second to empty a clip. Mara Detron should be in S tier though, as it way better than people give it credit for. Thirdly, I am not sure how you can rank the Spectra in B tier and the Sicarus in C tier when the Sicarus (a credit weapon) is significantly better than the Spectra (a clantech weapon).

Frames: For solo, Limbo and Chroma should be in S tier. They both have a mixture of survivability and enemy separation that is extremely useful. Otherwise the list looks solid.

Edited by egregiousRac

I read "Miter" in S, immediately quit.

Guaranteed proc on charged shot? Strongest bleed proc of all weapons? Still higher raw dps than other status primaries? This list is not purely based on dps numbers, but also remember that nothing is forever set in stone.

wait why is raksta in the s tier for secondaries

Because it has the highest combined burst and sustained dps of all weapons, and in each individual category it is also very high up, and that is not even counting the syndicate aoe.

Came looking for Oberon bashing. Turns out he isn't even worthy of remembering.

My mistake, he used to be in there, mustve run away when i was editing. Fixed.

Edited by Kutsus

What will chroma, trinity and limbo do in solo once enemies start doing thousands of dmg in the blink of an eye.

CC is the key, and they dont have any reliable source for it.

Those high levels are not what the game is balanced around however. And chroma does have CC.

put miter out of S. Put torid in S.

MK1-paris at B? You know how weak the MK1 paris is?

get trinity out of C and put her in S. Get banshee out of S and place her in A or B.

comparing weapons and frames is hard and almost impossible unless you played them, and then you got only a personal tier file.

for everyone this will be different.

Those high levels are not what the game is balanced around however. And chroma does have CC.

Those high levels are still a part of the game, and Chroma does have CC, its just not as good as most of the frames that are above him.

wasn't really a fan of lists to begin with, because it just measures the OP-ness of the weapon, what matters is how much fun you get when playing a weapon/frame

I agree what most of what u listed, the miter (though I didn't use it for a long time) felt really powerful when I played it, but I disagree with a lot of what u listed 

Valkyr is class S easily; literally invincible in solo play.

nullifier

put miter out of S. Put torid in S.

MK1-paris at B? You know how weak the MK1 paris is?

get trinity out of C and put her in S. Get banshee out of S and place her in A or B.

comparing weapons and frames is hard and almost impossible unless you played them, and then you got only a personal tier file.

for everyone this will be different.

Are you implying that i haven't palyed them? Also, my "personal" tier list is based on math and actual in-game performance (by performance i basically mean how quick things will die in most situations), while it is indeed impossible to be unbiased, id like to think i am quite close to it.

Why move down Banshee?

The problem with trinity is that she cant do anything except get max blessing and then shoot things, then run back behind a corner and repeat, this doesnt work very well when you need to protect pods and exacavators.

Also most of these replies remind me of 4chan, and here i was under the impression that the forums were civil. I do like 4chan tho ._.

Edited by Kutsus