Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Needs To Be Revisited

(XBOX)Grihaly

I built my Boar P with 100% status chance again just now and its true that for some reason all pellets now proc.

Still, it makes no sense that at 96% status chance, the % was divided between pellets while at 100% all pellets now proc. This makes it seem like one of the two mechanics is a bug.

Boar P is ridiculously good with all pellets proccing specially with Vicious Spread. I was blanketing whole hallways with heat procs panicking enemies and staggering them with impact procs. Sure it might not pack the punch of some weapons but it has many if not most weapons beat at cc.

There are other weapons that can do similar things(amphex for example). As pointed out it is probably a bug in the way of how it is implemented.

However it does illustrate how bad the normal proc mechanic on shotguns is quite good. You will not hit with every pellet what reduces your proc chance a lot compared to rifles, you will fire at a far slower rate then many other weapons, what reduces your proc per second even more and slash or fire pocs do little to no extra damage, because they are based on the values of a pellet, not the hole shot.

A braton, soma or bolter prime with 13-15 rounds per second and 60-80% proc chance will do 7-9 procs per second as well, if your proc is not stackable(again that also only works for non damage procs reasonable well with a status shotgun) they do just as good to get stagger, viral or heat proc on the target within the first second of fireing, what is only important for heavy units for the most part, since smaller units will not survive a hole second until you go to level 100+. If your proc is not stackable, after the first shot you massively overkill on procs with the boar prime and the main advantage is for the most part that similar to damage what is more up front instead of sustained, you also have your debuff/CC up front instead of a sustained fashion.

Vicious spread is also fairly pointless on the boar prime, because it reduces focused damage and proc stacking on heavy targets and spreads out pellets to much that you will not hit single targets beyond 10m with more than 3-4 pellets, what again reduces your chance to get the proc you want on it in the first hit.

Edited by Djego27

Vicious spread is also fairly pointless on the boar prime, because it reduces focused damage and proc stacking on heavy targets and spreads out pellets to much that you will not hit single targets beyond 10m with more than 3-4 pellets, what again reduces your chance to get the proc you want on it in the first hit.

It's not pointless if the player's intent is to mod the weapon for short to mid range crowd control, where being able to affect multiple grouped targets is more critical than being able to inflict heavy, single target damage.

It's not pointless if the player's intent is to mod the weapon for short to mid range crowd control, where being able to affect multiple grouped targets is more critical than being able to inflict heavy, single target damage.

Almost like putting on a duckbill.

I m not sure if where using the same weapon but Boar prime is i think my most beloved primary for end game on tie with Soma Prime and Opticor.

It is brutal, flamboyant, roars like a dragon and murders like Jack the Ripper in plain day light.

That thing is a monster! I never been agaisnt buffs but in this case i think it is best to keep it as it is ottherwise a lot of people will start complaining on the forums and we will have a good chances of gettign a worse version of what we currently have after the nerf.

Maxed ammo mutation manages to cover it pretty well, ok i spend almost more time reloading the thing then shooting it but ammo wise even on long missions i dont seem to ru out. For all those ammo hungry guns i would say hes the most economic one, not perfect but very manageable.

I m not sure if where using the same weapon but Boar prime is i think my most beloved primary for end game on tie with Soma Prime and Opticor.

It is brutal, flamboyant, roars like a dragon and murders like Jack the Ripper in plain day light.

That thing is a monster! I never been agaisnt buffs but in this case i think it is best to keep it as it is ottherwise a lot of people will start complaining on the forums and we will have a good chances of gettign a worse version of what we currently have after the nerf.

Maxed ammo mutation manages to cover it pretty well, ok i spend almost more time reloading the thing then shooting it but ammo wise even on long missions i dont seem to ru out. For all those ammo hungry guns i would say hes the most economic one, not perfect but very manageable.

I'm saying buff the damage, just give it more reserve ammo, it would still be basically the same, just usable, longer.

I would prefer no fall off first.

Why is not Shotgun pellet spread used as the "falloff"? Less pellets hit, less damage. I could understand a small damage falloff due to generally speaking non-aerodynamic ammunition and so forth, but I heard it can drop to less then quarter damage from each pellet at like, 30 meters, which seems a tad harsh.

I'm saying buff the damage, just give it more reserve ammo, it would still be basically the same, just usable, longer.

Even there i dont go burst i am very trigger happy with that thing, with maxed out ammo mutation i rarley run out, if i do its around a boss without adds to drop ammos at all but even bosses dont stand a chance vs the golden pig.

If i had a buff to make, cut the reload time by a generous % ( i would say 50% but i will hanged by the haters for even thinking it).

Even there i dont go burst i am very trigger happy with that thing, with maxed out ammo mutation i rarley run out, if i do its around a boss without adds to drop ammos at all but even bosses dont stand a chance vs the golden pig.

If i had a buff to make, cut the reload time by a generous % ( i would say 50% but i will hanged by the haters for even thinking it).

Reload time is a bit long for a 15-shot drum.