Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Needs A Auction House

Nathvas

An Auction House for Warframe...yeah...I'm going to give that suggestion a big fat DO NOT WANT.

To those that say an auction house would be a great idea, allow me to remind you all of how well that worked out for Diablo III and its players in the end.[/

Diablos AH were a failure but world of warcrafts AH have been working fine

auction house could be awesome, as selling some of mine wares proves difficult in current chat, but didnt Devs speak about trading rework in an older stream ?

If you think selling is difficult now, just wait until an AH is implemented and the THOUSANDS of players with MULTIPLE copies of that thing you wanted to sell puts it up for sale, all at the same time.

Good luck selling it then.

If you think selling is difficult now, just wait until an AH is implemented and the THOUSANDS of players with MULTIPLE copies of that thing you wanted to sell puts it up for sale, all at the same time.

Good luck selling it then.

thats true actually,  but then again, now you need to sit a long time to sell some things as after you post your offer 30 new appear

I love how every time this thread pops up - roughly once per week - the OP speaks as if they had just had the most fantastic idea that nobody had ever thought of and OMG I can't believe that no-one ever said it before.

Relax: this is the 10'000th time this thread is opened and then is forgotten. There probably is a special section of the forum where these threads are piled and burned by the dozen.

The punchline is: DE has acknowledged the idea, they have discussed during DevStreams, and they haven't announced or done a thing about it. Not. A. Single. Thing. Ever.

The prices would plummet if there was an action house mainly because a sea of uniformed traders would all of a sudden hit the main stream. Over saturation would be another driving force of that and those that currently "make a living" off of trading will all of a sudden find themselves in a very rough spot. The good news is that the over priced items would come down but so will everything else.

I don't think a traditional auction house as we see it in other games is needed or that it would even be beneficial. I do however agree that *some* sort of a trading system should be introduced because frankly, trade chat immediately makes me go 'hell no, it's not worth it'. The only thing that can be considered good about the way it is now, is that it's completely community-driven and i would like to keep that aspect of it. 

One other example from another game, Path of exile, comes to mind. People have been wanting some sort of auction house thing there too, since like forever. Devs are reluctant to put a traditional auction house system in and actually provided very good reasons against it (not gonna go into detail right here), and they have yet to come up with an alternative. Oh, and trade chat in that game is just about as bad as in warframe. One difference between the two is, PoE has external sites&apps to make trading easier.

The solution isn't clear to me, otherwise i'd be screaming it out already, but one thing i can see is that a traditional auction house might do more harm than good, and it would most definitely bring with it whole heaps of problems.

Lets say you get the super rare most expensive thing ever. You are going to sell it for 1000 plat. You know it is worth that much.

Would you rather

A) Throw it into an auction house for 1000p (because you know it is worth that much) and continue playing the game. It will sell in a few hours

or

B) Sit for days / weeks on the trade chat dealing with scammers, and the like trying to get you to trade for something else, get you to lower the price, deal with 2 min chat cooldowns. Wasting time instead of actually playing the game

That is exactly what I'm doing right now. Trying to sell something.  But the spam called trade channel really doesn't allow it.  I'm not trying to make a fortune, but a little extra P here and there, but can't.  I'm sitting here trying to spam the channel and not playing the game....  Welcome to spam chat where you can spam instead of shooting things in the face.

I think what I'd prefer is a compromise between the AH and what we have now. Maybe something like FF11 had where you can put up store fronts that people can move to and browse. Could be done as an extension of the market where you browse player made store fronts via a lore friendly sort of in game internet, or made a physical thing in some sort of city/new section of the relays. Maybe give the relay an elevator that takes you to a market district or something.

no auction house it will take plat for each itme u sell so NO

Who's to say it wouldn't take credits?

Who's to say it wouldn't just be free without a registration tax?

Awfully short sighted of you.

Edited by Dornez