Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Silva & Aegis Already De

Valafor

I know there has been a ton of S&A buff threads already (kind of like Braton Prime before its buff), but DE has yet to even acknowledge it yet. As the first place winner of the melee contest for it to be a short ranged, not very effective blocking sword and board combo with the same damage as a skana is an absolute joke and quite frankly a bit disrespectful. The Silva & Aegis is just plainly bad, there is no other way to put it no other way to frame it, it is just a terrible weapon that is mastery fodder at best.

Here is my idea for buffing the S&A. 

1. Buff base damage to 50-60. The weapon currently is weak both offensively AND defensively, and it definitely needs a buff to its damage.

2. Reduce stamina costs for blocking. Again it is a sword and SHIELD. People expect to be able to block better or longer when using a SHIELD.

3. Buff status to 25%. Currently it is at 20%. While this change is the least necessary change, it puts it in line with the other high status weapons, like the Jet Kitty, Serro, Sheev, and Bo Prime.

No worries! It'll come.

Just around the corner!

And down the street...

And turn around that corner...

Then go down the street, take off on the highway and keep going for a few hours until you reach the hidden spaceship launchpad, then take the spaceship too the moon and land before you build a new city on the moon so that you can go around that corner and down the street before turning left down the dark alley and get beaten up by rude Marsians before exiting the alley and turning right going down the street and then just around the corner!

I have a personal record with this weapon: The fastest delete upon hitting 30.    As great looking as it is, it only stayed in my inventory at 30 long enough for me to load back into the Liset and open the Equipment menu to sell it.

A damn shame.   So much potential.

They won't buff this weapon for one simple reason. Ember can increase the damage for more than 700%. Its same reason that ignis has the lowest DPS of all primary

Thats an awful reason to NOT buff something. Simply because a single frame can make it good? 

They won't buff this weapon for one simple reason. Ember can increase the damage for more than 700%. Its same reason that ignis has the lowest DPS of all primary

So let me get this straight. The S&A is a bad weapon because a bad frame can make the weapon usable? What?

2. Reduce stamina costs for blocking. Again it is a sword and SHIELD. People expect to be able to block better or longer when using a SHIELD.

This.

o3o

EDIT: I'm curious, does its stance attack where you throw the shield still functionally multi-proc? Because before, if you got a corrosive proc on the shield throw, it would proc multiple times in succession and completely melt enemy armor.

Edited by DiosGX

So let me get this straight. The S&A is a bad weapon because a bad frame can make the weapon usable? What?

700% is a huge debuff especially it could benefit the whole team. It's hard to ignore that when balancing weapon. I wish they could buff Aegis and Ignis too.

Edited by Neogeo

700% is a huge debuff especially it could benefit the whole team. It's hard to ignore that when balancing weapon. I wish they could buff Aegis and Ignis too.

That doesn't justify the S&A being a crap weapon. That is like saying all weapons should do mk-1 braton damage because Banshee sonar exists.

Edited by Valafor

Banshee can buff any weapons damage by 1420%. I guess it's time to start nerfing all weapons to ignis' and silva and aegis' levels (Wait, then the game will be more balanced!!! XD).

But really, even if the damage never happens, the shield NEEDS to block better than any other melee in the game. 

Edited by Racercowboy

I demand all of these changes! Most importantly the reduced stamina cost for blocking. It's not meant to be as much of an offensive weapon compared to other options, so go extreme on this part. 50-75% stamina cost reduction for blocking! Also reduce or eliminate the channeling energy cost associated with getting a parry stagger for shields, or better yet for all melee weapons.

And then more shields! Shield and axe or hammer, anyone?

Edited by Centias

i almost open a new topic about silva and aegis, but instead suggesting a similar gameplay like the chroma, instead of giving us a boring flaming sword and shield weapon, just give us the choice the element we want, or at least make more of these weapons, right now, warframe is lacking on picking more choices of a specific type of weapon, for example, nikanas and sword/shield

Banshee can buff any weapons damage by 1420%. I guess it's time to start nerfing all weapons to ignis' and silva and aegis' levels (Wait, then the game will be more balanced!!! XD).

But really, even if the damage never happens, the shield NEEDS to block better than any other melee in the game.

Banshee Sonic required you to aim. Ember one doesn't.

Banshee Sonic required you to aim. Ember one doesn't.

Ember is limited to one element and builds must be adjusted to take advantage of it, and even then all weapons except Ignis and Silva and Aegis will not receive the full effect of the damage buff because not all of their damage is fire. Banshee does all damage from everything and hitting the spot is not hard. Bring in resonance and no aim is required.

What I'm saying is one frame's skill should not be the reason why a weapon is so gimped. A weapon should be inherently viable on any frame, not conditionally viable on just one.

Edited by Racercowboy

Ember is limited to one element and builds must be adjusted to take advantage of it, and even then all weapons except Ignis and Silva and Aegis will not receive the full effect of the damage buff because not all of their damage is fire. Banshee does all damage from everything and hitting the spot is not hard. Bring in resonance and no aim is required.

What I'm saying is one frame's skill should not be the reason why a weapon is so gimped. A weapon should be inherently viable on any frame, not conditionally viable on just one.

Ember Accelerant affect only fire damage which is exactly why both heat based weapon have such a low DPS. Do you honestly think its just a coincidence? I also run a heat damage only Ignis(Serrations/multishot/HC/mutation/firestorm/3 heat mod) , so I can tell you its possible to modded specially for Accelerant debuff.

No worries! It'll come.

Just around the corner!

And down the street...

And turn around that corner...

Then go down the street, take off on the highway and keep going for a few hours until you reach the hidden spaceship launchpad, then take the spaceship too the moon and land before you build a new city on the moon so that you can go around that corner and down the street before turning left down the dark alley and get beaten up by rude Marsians before exiting the alley and turning right going down the street and then just around the corner!

Kind of like that Venka buff...

Ember Accelerant affect only fire damage which is exactly why both heat based weapon have such a low DPS. Do you honestly think its just a coincidence? I also run a heat damage only Ignis(Serrations/multishot/HC/mutation/firestorm/3 heat mod) , so I can tell you its possible to modded specially for Accelerant debuff.

Well then, maybe we should halve all damage in the game, cause molecular prime doubles it. While we are at it, another halve needs to go cause roar. Oh my, Mirage is doing too much damage with that Boltor Prime, lets reduce it even more! Limbo is working his magic again!? NERF IT.

Balancing weapons around warframe powers is wrong and stupid. Why are pure fire weapons only allowed to be remotely viable in Embers hands? Notice I say, "remotely viable", not, "stronger". It's ok for pure fire weapons to be stronger in Embers hands, it's not ok when Ember is the only way to make it remotely viable. What if someone wanted a gas, radiation, or blast instead of fire? What is someone didn't want to use Ember?

The same thing can be said of Silva and Aegis. Currently, it has the same base damage of the Skana. The Skana is free starter weapon. The Silva and Aegis is not. Is there not something wrong here?