The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would It Be Better If Forma Was Additive ?

dashashou

I fail to see how this would be helpful seeing as you can only have 1 mod equipped per slot, and you can ALTER what polarity it is at will. unless they removed that second part, but I really rather doubt it

It would allow you to use different builds on the same gear, which would normally have been impossible due to conflicting polarities (for example, needing to slot intensify, but the only remaining polarity being a D which you use for another build).

This idea wouldn't make any one build stronger, just allow players more choice without building a duplicate frame/weapon. Plus it adds more grind for those of us who would use it - a win-win!

If forma didn't just change a slots polarity but if it added a polarity

i just don't see a down side to this

Think carefully about it.

While this may seem like a good idea, and one I'd truly appreciate, it even may make people start using their 300 foma bp's again.

This takes out the whole "mod planning" now you can literally throw whatever you want on with no worries. While yes, it must be earned. It still doesn't help if the whole "thinking/planning" is entirely removed from the game.

I can however say if we were capped to 1 slot being all polarities, it can still achieve what you ask for without making mods a brainless slap on and go process.

Though I would hope if it were to be implemented that it would be difficult beyond "foma + lvl30" because ANY end game player can foma 50 times in 1 night.

If this is added I want it to be something that is difficult to obtain, maybe not a foma but similar to how raid works, we Aquire a chance to get a piece which builds a new augment consumable just like foma but limited to 1 per weapon/frame the same way potatoes work.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Yeah, i dont really see too much of a drawback from player side and from developer side.

Maybe they wouldnt do it because it removes some of the risk of choice for the player. As a developer, they WANT us to make choices, so DE may not think this is too great of an idea. 

While this may seem like a good idea, and one I'd truly appreciate, it even may make people start using their 300 foma bp's again.

This takes out the whole "mod planning" now you can literally throw whatever you want on with no worries. While yes, it must be earned. It still doesn't help if the whole "thinking/planning" is entirely removed from the game.

I can however say if we were capped to 1 slot being all polarities, it can still achieve what you ask for without making mods a brainless slap on and go process.

Though I would hope if it were to be implemented that it would be difficult beyond "foma + lvl30" because ANY end game player can foma 50 times in 1 night.

If this is added I want it to be something that is difficult to obtain, maybe not a foma but similar to how raid works, we Aquire a chance to get a piece which builds a new augment consumable just like foma but limited to 1 per weapon/frame the same way potatoes work.

The rare double polarity forma! i like it.

As of now, I really don't see any downside to this at all, considering forma is so commonly rewarded in voids...... It would make me actually want to farm for the resources and actually build all the forma I have that are not built yet.

IT reduces the amount of builds we can use, so leave it in?

Balance suggestion.

To add a polarity, or to change the polarity of a single slot it would cost one forma. As normal.

To add a polarity, or to change up to two polarities of a single slot it would cost three forma.

To add a polarity, or to change up to three polarities of a single slot it would cost six forma. 

Costs are intended to ensure that super polarization is less economical compared to the polarization of multiple slots. (With the trade off being the improved degree of convenience.)

edit: Corollary. As suggested by Grom-84;

Why not to ask for universal polarity instead of this crutches?

A universal polarity is probably a more elegant solution.

We can allow our friend Baro Ki'Teer to handle distribution, which could take the form of Primed Forma blueprints.

With respect to all of the aforementioned, it is my sincere belief that the current state of affairs is just fine and not presently in need of any fine tuning. 

Edited by Lumireaver

As good as this sounds i dont see how it would work.

Remember the wrong polarity slot doubles the mod's capacity instead of halving, so it would be conflicting.

I would assume I its done my way opposed to every slot (people like me have a stash of foma and potatoes and can max weapons I a day)

That the bonus 50% is reduced to 25%

there really isn't a point. by the time you put on like 3-4 V's and 1-2 -'s (on a weapon) or 1-2 D's and 1-2 V's (on a warframe) you can afford pretty much any build you want

so adding this is pointless imo

having more than 4 polarity slots on some weapons reduces flexibility