Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Much Mods , Not Enought Space

Chaosdreamer

In Warframe we have Mods , you all agree that you use them , but do you know how many we have? here a hint 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods  There is 513 MODS

So with 513 MODS , we should have all different build right? but many of them is useless ,not used because of slot being limited . 

With Pvp DE find some use of some very useless mods that not much people would use before but there is still tons of them not being used because of very limited mods on warframe or weapon...

Why not start to removes the useless one? Or maybe unlock some extra slot? we have like 10 Slot for warframe  this is maybe 1 or 2% of all the mod we can have 

same for weapon(Primary / secondary / melee) , kubrow/sentinel , so kubrow/sentinel have 10 SLOT and if I don't mistake WF / weapon have 8 so , 

8x 4 = 32 + 10 from sentinel = 42 So , We don't even use 10% of the current mods so why do we keep adding even more mods if we don't have slot for them?

8x 4 = 32 + 10 from sentinel = 42 So , We don't even use 10% of the current mods so why do we keep adding even more mods if we don't have slot for them?

to dilute the drop table and make it harder to get the good ones, of course...can't think of another reason for it.

Do realise that:

* Some mods are remnants from {Damage,Mods,melee} 1.0, and thus some decent functionality is then lost due to system change

* Some mods are well-intentioned (Like the damage-resistance/reduction frame mods), but too weak to be of actual use

* Some mods are very useful in very specific cases (Like mods that reduce fire-rate, damage, etc)

* Some mods are useful in general, but due to inexperience, a player my not find it useful (I have friends who dis the punch-through mods)

* And the rest serve as 'secondary'/'space-takers'; mods that eat that extra 1-11 mod points that you can't quite fit with something you want.

* If the mods in points 1 and 2 get good buffs, they may actually be viable.

This reminds me of a idea I had the other day.

Sentinels don't really have that large a selection of mods. Mostly it's throw on armor, health and shield mods plus Sanctuary or whatever else if you have it.

They don't really fulfil their role as helpers much except stealing your kills.

Solution I thought of that migh help a little. Move stuff like mods for enemy radar, loot radar, ciphers, ammo mutation/scavenger and make the auras usable by Sentinels and not just warframes. The auras would only affect you instead of the whole team while on the Sentinel but I feel it would really help you to customize a whole loadout towards a build instead of just independent parts.

Are you going on a rifle heavy build? Load up your sentinel with rifle damage aura and a rifle ammo scavenger.

Melee channeling build? Steel Charge and Energy Siphon.

It would really open up new build options. Which auras do you bring that only affect you and which one do you put on your frame to help the team. Some would be a no brainer as Corrosive Projection wouldn't care where you put it.

Yea, there would also be the whole decision between the survivability of your sentinel and it's usefulness. Do you pack it full of mods to increase your effectiveness at the risk of the first time you run into a Napalm or Bombard losing it because you sacrificed defense mods for more utliity or do you use a couple slots for redirection and vitality so it doesn't die if someone looks at it wrong.

It would depend on your frame too. If you're running around in perma-stealth loki you wouldn't really need survivability mods but on the other hand if you're going with a Rhino as a front line tank/bruiser you'd need to sacrifice some of that utility so that your sentinel will hopefully survive and continue to provide you with the benefits of its mods.

Would also drastically change play styles in some cases as people would be much more concerned about their sentinel surviving instead of just going "welp, my carrier just died now I have to go around and pick up loot by hand. #firstworldproblems"

Edited by Starcana

This reminds me of a idea I had the other day.

Sentinels don't really have that large a selection of mods. Mostly it's throw on armor, health and shield mods plus Sanctuary or whatever else if you have it.

They don't really fulfil their role as helpers much except stealing your kills.

Solution I thought of that migh help a little. Move stuff like mods for enemy radar, loot radar, ciphers, ammo mutation/scavenger and make the auras usable by Sentinels and not just warframes. The auras would only affect you instead of the whole team while on the Sentinel but I feel it would really help you to customize a whole loadout towards a build instead of just independent parts.

Are you going on a rifle heavy build? Load up your sentinel with rifle damage aura and a rifle ammo scavenger.

Melee channeling build? Steel Charge and Energy Siphon.

It would really open up new build options. Which auras do you bring that only affect you and which one do you put on your frame to help the team. Some would be a no brainer as Corrosive Projection wouldn't care where you put it.

This is very good idea , Hope someone from DE see this 

We had the 10 Slot , but DE removed 2 because the power of each Warframe or now innate no more point used for them neither slot...

Our Sentinels and Kubrows still have 10 slots, I believe. They could just give us those 2 slots back for helping to diversify our builds and slot more mods.

At the same time, increasing the viability of the utility mods through their potency and reliability would be a smart move to ensure these mods are useful.

Our Sentinels and Kubrows still have 10 slots, I believe. They could just give us those 2 slots back for helping to diversify our builds and slot more mods.

At the same time, increasing the viability of the utility mods through their potency and reliability would be a smart move to ensure these mods are useful.

This would be correct.

Though, this may be because they still have precept cards, much as warframes had ability cards in the past.

Some of them should be innate, such as the targeting mods. Others maybe not, like sanctuary and whatnot.