The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Prime Warframes?

thehotsung8701A

Does it impact the way you feel about your regular non-prime version?  Do you still keep your regular non-prime version regardless or sell them instead?  

Is there really any point in keeping a non-prime frame that you already have a prime version off?  Prime warframe have better stat and better appearance. 

Does it make sense that prime warframe is a seperate entity from your regular warframe?  How would you guys feel if regular warframe was a requirement for your prime warframe, wouldn't that make more sense?  Sort of like going from Sonic to Supersonic!

As a Volt user, I see no reason to even stick with the basic non-prime version. 

If you could switch between the two but only take up one slot, that'd be great. 

I don't see it happening though.

I like that you work for something more powerful, but it does make regular frames party redundant, and even newer prime frames take the spotlight a lot with clear stat boosts over older primes.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Does it impact the way you feel about your regular non-prime version?  Do you still keep your regular non-prime version regardless or sell them instead?  

Is there really any point in keeping a non-prime frame that you already have a prime version off?  Prime warframe have better stat and better appearance. 

Does it make sense that prime warframe is a seperate entity from your regular warframe?  How would you guys feel if regular warframe was a requirement for your prime warframe, wouldn't that make more sense?  Sort of like going from Sonic to Supersonic!

As a Volt user, I see no reason to even stick with the basic non-prime version. 

Frost user i pretty much left my original frost for Frost prime. Idk ill level the regular but eventually my entire stock will be nothing but primes. Eventually ill replace all my regular stuff that i like with primes. I'm a prime collector afterall. The only "Fated 3" will be forever out of my reach.

Frost user i pretty much left my original frost for Frost prime. Idk ill level the regular but eventually my entire stock will be nothing but primes. Eventually ill replace all my regular stuff that i like with primes. I'm a prime collector afterall. The only "Fated 3" will be forever out of my reach.

The only prime I would not take is Excalibur Prime, not when his Prototype skin is absolutely amazing!

The only prime I would not take is Excalibur Prime, not when his Prototype skin is absolutely amazing!

Oh those Fated 3....literally hate that those are the last 3 out of my collection. And with the recycling of the Frost prime pack i have to NOW go out and get all the older primes...orthos..ankyros..bronco...akbronco...dakra...soma..vasto...i think those are the last primes i need to get....oh the sicarus...thats still a thing.

Ash felt good. Then I discovered Loki. Soon after, whispers from the void came into my head. They told me, "Loki may be good, but Loki Prime is master race." Everything changed from there, and I felt as if I was overflowing with power. So... Loki Prime feels amazing.

Not if its Volt Prime versus regular Volt. 

Even still. I might use a different build setup on Volt Prime to take advantage of his high energy pool but that just gives me more freedom to play around alternative builds and what not with regular volt.

Edited by nickelshark

Even still. I might use a different build setup on Volt Prime to take advantage of his high energy pool but that just gives me more freedom to play around alternative builds and what not with regular volt.

I don't know, volt look like a soldier, while volt prime look like a god in my opinion.  Why play as an ordinary soldier, when you can play as a god?

I don't know, volt look like a soldier, while volt prime look like a god in my opinion.  Why play as an ordinary soldier, when you can play as a god?

Again because even though Volt Prime does look @$@% amazing, I still have freedom to play around with different color schemes/armor/regalia on regular volt.

Just because it isn't prime doesn't mean it can't look super BA.

But also running around with a default volt can be fun. Sometimes simple is best.

They look cool, but since they are really hard to get, they should have much better stats in every aspect. They also could have especial features like 2 aura slots.

How about no this is a terrible idea and I hope you never go into the gaming industry. We already have few weapons that are truly viable(Severely limiting loadouts. When was the last time you saw someone with a karak? vectis? lanka? No all you see is Boltor Prime, Soma Prime etc) and the last thing we need is to make even less frames viable because some moron decided that primes should be even more powerful. (We already have a few select frames that are more used than all others but your idea would make this situation even worse) Ever heard of a term called horizontal progression... well yea a game like Warframe should try to achieve that since it makes people happier because then the game becomes much much more diverse and fun for the individual.

Primed all the way!!

They should call it warframe prime instead of warframe cause hey, even the game name has to get primed aswell. I dont wanna log on ans play "warframe". Warframe prime is where its at! Little bit of gold trims on the icon. Warframe on steam page has to be golden with golden letters . Yeh...yehhhh!!

Edited by Kz.Prime

I'm a collector of Warframes so I keep the non-prime ones even when I get the prime. Though, with the exception of Nova, every prime released are of frames I never use outside of leveling to 30...

How would you guys feel if regular warframe was a requirement for your prime warframe, wouldn't that make more sense?  Sort of like going from Sonic to Supersonic!

I would ****ing hate that and I hope DE never does it. 

Edited by (PS4)SteampunkJester

People who complain about primes making normal guns/frames/etc obsolete are missing the point. Normal guns and frames are all much easier to get, and are thus meant for players without huge mountains of keys. New players who're still working their way across the star map.

Like, Rhino. Kill Jackal a few times to get the parts. Meanwhile, Rhino Prime requires you to do many more runs across varied difficulty towers to acquire. (Though players can of course shortcut their way to power with plat.)

I keep both because I'm a collector and for Archwing. Prime stats don't matter there, but if you die you have lots of standard frames to cycle through as you only need to have energy siphon equiped. Also regular Loki still looks awesome.

To make Prime frames it really should have required the regular frame as a prerequisite to building it. I really don't get why they didn't do this, or yet to implement it.

Primes should have better stats than the regular, for some of the early Primes this is barely true and they should be adjusted to be a healthy step stronger than the reg. Primes you have to farm a lot harder for, and you have to have a decent frame and mods to go to the places and get them.

How about no this is a terrible idea and I hope you never go into the gaming industry. We already have few weapons that are truly viable(Severely limiting loadouts. When was the last time you saw someone with a karak? vectis? lanka? No all you see is Boltor Prime, Soma Prime etc) and the last thing we need is to make even less frames viable because some moron decided that primes should be even more powerful. (We already have a few select frames that are more used than all others but your idea would make this situation even worse) Ever heard of a term called horizontal progression... well yea a game like Warframe should try to achieve that since it makes people happier because then the game becomes much much more diverse and fun for the individual.

No need to be insulting towards people that disagree with that view, as I definitely don't think it should be horizontal progression in regards to Primes. Prime anything should always be considered top tier equipment. They just need harder missions that Primes can survive in while regulars will have a much much harder time. Natural progression works best moving up, and this provides advancement to new content. It just needs to be wide advancement verse narrow deep tiers. This way you would kind of have your horizontal progression for regular frames/weapons and then horizontal progression for Primes. A best of both worlds to me. Your idea seems to fit more of a pvp only game like EC, which would work very well but the core of WF is not.

As for non Prime equipment they can easily make those weapons you mentioned more viable, they just need to be balanced a bit. The problem there is most game companies don't consider that a priority or take the time to understand what needs re balancing and how, or they over do it.

I don't have a problem with Primes as a concept. My favorite was a Volt and I was stoked when they brought him out and buffed the crap out of him. On topic, Regular Volt got sold once I picked up the Volt P, as are most of my regs to save Slot space.  

And in terms of your "Sonic to Supersonic", check out the threads on lore that pop-up in general discussion every so often. They're a great read and answered by people who are really into it. It's all speculation, but since there are so many of us rocking the same style of armor, they almost have to be mass-produced - Primes done so by adventurers unearthing the instructions to fabricate the armor and connect the weapon systems together. We're simply "pilots", so we could have a regular version of X Warframe, but could also bust out a blinged-out version for special occasions if we wanted to keep both types.