Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Like To See Mini Bosses On Every Nodes/missions In Game?

Rayzenfloss

the only thing I see missing in every tilesets is a Mini boss or Anti Tenno Squad "Close to a SWAT Team" (dont get me wrong G3 , Stalker and Zanuka are Consider Assassins they are wayyyy more deadlier), that has a 20% Chance of Spawning in Every Mission 'Every... even your done taking the Hostage out of the Cell you will be surprised he , she or they will show up to stop you (Eximus is a Diffrent story), or you will encounter a miniboss guarding the Data mass on spy 2.0 = epic mission encounters.

and its much more ideal that most complex weapon that will be released in the future requires some material that can only be drop by those mini bosses, of course a new mobs that can freak the hell out of you like manic is always welcome.

Removing Eximus and replace it with much more Unique Mobs or Even a Mini Boss will be an Option.

if you guys have more idea, tell it and hope DE consider it.............I hope.

Edited by Rayzenfloss

Short answer yes. I love what the Manic is for the grineer. I'd love to see a Zanuka themed one or something more intense for the corpus, a void varient and an infested varient. It brings a refreshing new style to the game that i think is a great step for DE. 

Edit: I'm the type of guy that likes to play video games on the hardest possible difficulty at the start. So a challenge is always welcomed. Only one i had trouble with from DE was the Formorian Event, and that was because i didnt prepare my Archwing like i shouldve. Gimme something hard to fight DE. I'm a Demi-god afterall :P

Edited by Borockobama

Honestly, I wish they'd get rid of Eximii and replace them with specialized units that can show up in situations like the Manic. Enemies with character and personality, not just the same generic Lancer with an aura and special ability; that's boring. Like, the Grineer Commander. They should recycle his unit into something less annoying and more intimidating, and make it a rare unit that can show up with Grineer squads and better coordinate them against Tenno, by keeping them alive, buffing their damage, resisting our Tenno powers, and being able to deploy turrets or something. Hek, maybe even make him able to teleport in new squads of Grineer, given that Vor and Hek have demonstrated having reinforcements.

I'm not sure I'd say every node, as Minibosses might be too much for the new Tenno on Mercury and Venus, but if we could phase out Eximii by replacing them with minibosses, that'd be my hope.

Depends on your definition of miniboss.

It needs a gimmick to avoid being a bullet sponge.

It needs a limit to avoid being a nuisance.

It needs a specialty that makes it fun.

And it/they need(s) variance to make it fun to fight every time. 

Short answer yes. I love what the Manic is for the grineer. I'd love to see a Zanuka themed one or something more intense for the corpus, a void varient and an infested varient. It brings a refreshing new style to the game that i think is a great step for DE. 

Edit: I'm the type of guy that likes to play video games on the hardest possible difficulty at the start. So a challenge is always welcomed. Only one i had trouble with from DE was the Formorian Event, and that was because i didnt prepare my Archwing like i shouldve. Gimme something hard to fight DE. I'm a Demi-god afterall :P

how bout instead of a zanuka we used weaker versions of some of the bosses like heyena or the jackal for the corpus.

Depends on your definition of miniboss.

It needs a gimmick to avoid being a bullet sponge.

It needs a limit to avoid being a nuisance.

It needs a specialty that makes it fun.

And it/they need(s) variance to make it fun to fight every time.

This... what you said is the most decent characteristics of a mini boss if they plan to make it in the future.

how bout instead of a zanuka we used weaker versions of some of the bosses like heyena or the jackal for the corpus.

thats an option too. since we know corpus as merchants that is technological advance, a Strong Security Force is possible for them.

out of principle, i'd say yes.

traditional Bosses are a detour outside of a game, and then once you're doing, you must then return to the game. they feel disconnected from the games they supposedly lie in.

Mini-Bosses, however, feel like a part of a game. they aren't separated from it, they're in it. they don't take ages to defeat where you are waiting around for two second shooting windows and back to waiting, but they also are more interesting than Trash Units.

personally, i think Mini-Bosses are what Bosses in Video Games should be - but i'm weird and i put the gameplay and experience of a game ahead of having some big fancy cutscenes that are interesting to watch once and then never again.

i just don't really see the point of using Development Time on Traditional Bosses because they're a one time deal for all Players. having a reason to play them again keeps people playing, but they exhausted their interest and spectacle after you complete it once. because they're a detour from the game rather than a part of the game.

if a part of the game, even once you've defeated such an Enemy, you aren't being asked to halt your playing of the game to fight it, so it can only augment the experience.

having some Traditional Bosses in a game for the spectacle... sure, i guess. i just don't really think it's a particularly good use of Development Resources. because of that one thing - being disconnected from the rest of the game.

Exactly.

Nothing better than when an unexpected enemy appears in the game and forces you to fight them.

Thats when it gets real.

yeah, the feeling the its about to go down, starting to put your attention and adrenaline working, its like facing g3 but your alone. but not that hard..

Honestly, I wish they'd get rid of Eximii and replace them with specialized units that can show up in situations like the Manic. Enemies with character and personality, not just the same generic Lancer with an aura and special ability; that's boring. Like, the Grineer Commander. They should recycle his unit into something less annoying and more intimidating, and make it a rare unit that can show up with Grineer squads and better coordinate them against Tenno, by keeping them alive, buffing their damage, resisting our Tenno powers, and being able to deploy turrets or something. Hek, maybe even make him able to teleport in new squads of Grineer, given that Vor and Hek have demonstrated having reinforcements.

I'm not sure I'd say every node, as Minibosses might be too much for the new Tenno on Mercury and Venus, but if we could phase out Eximii by replacing them with minibosses, that'd be my hope.

Needs things like Diablo's elites. Despite only having a handful of affixes, they really spice up the gameplay.

So it's a random unit, with a set of random buffs and abilities. But the problem with that is Warframe doesn't have as much enemy variety as something like Diablo, so it wouldn't work as well. But it's a start. And we're already halfway there with eximi.