Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Boss Invinciblity Phases With 85-95% Damage Reduction With Proc Immunity

Fatfunker

I would say reaplace it with 99% damage reduction and proc immunity. I just want to feel my shooting is not wasted, warframe is all about shooting stuff with crazy amount of DPS. I just to feel im doing a bit of damage.

Beat the boss with the strategie required or beat it with brute force llol

Edited by Atomic_Beam

-I just want to feel my shooting is not wasted,

-I just want to feel I'm doing a bit of damage.

-Beat the boss with the strategy required or beat it with brute force

those 3 things right there are the things i was thinking about when i made this

for the days i want to snipe the weak spots

or days when i want equip a tank and go gun crazy :P

I would say reaplace it with 99% damage reduction and proc immunity. I just want to feel my shooting is not wasted, warframe is all about shooting stuff with crazy amount of DPS. I just to feel im doing a bit of damage.

Beat the boss with the strategie required or beat it with brute force llol

Banshee with max Sonar will still one shot it at 99% damage reduction.

If anything, weapons damage reduction should be curved, not linear. Allow a set dps with diminishing returns to get through. If a player is doing 5000 DPS, it might turn into 500 DPS, if a player is doing 20000 DPS it might turn into 750 DPS while 40000 might end up on 1000 DPS. Still scaling higher, but they scale closer. You can still pack for max damage, but against bosses, everyone is doing a damage that can be better balanced around.

Edited by DSpite

Why not instead of reductions damage cap? Maximum damage is 100 unless you shoot the bling bling spot? Then again no... It would only promote fast shooting/high mag weapons like Soma...

Soma/Soma Prime nerf? xD

The main problem here is that DE has to account for players that can do 1000 DPS and players that can do FORTY times that much.

This is not CoD4 where everyone's guns fire a few bullets and everyone's damage is similar, here we can combine a few abilities like Sonar, Rhino Roar and so on and one bullets will do 1 million damage.

Anything DE puts in front of us will be one-shotted.

Our damage scaling has gotten out of control, or more to the point, DE gave us a game where we can feel powerful if we choose to, then we choose to ALL the time, and complain that since we have maxed out everything we are justified to use them.

You can only power creep your own Frames for so long, then they scale out of the "normal" content. We either just fight insane opponents all the time, or get given "challenge" missions where we so like we do in Conclaves, where we are not allowed 6 Forma Boltor Primes or Soma Primes, then people complain that what their so called "progression" is taken away.

Realistically the invincibility is not so much an issue for players that are vastly past the point where you first encounter the bosses.

A 90% or even 75% is still a huge reduction to damage for those encountering these bosses the first few times (and stops the feeling of the boss being undefatable), where your frames and gear are about the equivlent for the encounter.

Once a player progresses far past the intended boss encounter point then obviously it should be significantly easier to defeat the bosses as a bonus for progression.

The issue of players doing obscene amounts of damage is not really an issue only for bosses but one for the entire game and needs looking at from that point, not just the boss fight points.

Players doing reasonable amounts of damage will still have some length of the battle due to the 90%/75% damage reduction, provided they havent discovered the weak point methods, which is more likely that experienced players will have already discovered anyway.

If warframe powers have showed anything is that the enemies dont directly need huge damage reduction either to have the effective damage reduction, like aspects of powers such as turbulence, hall of mirrors, shatter shield, iron skin, link, overheat (originally on Ember), and similare kind of powers that give effective damage reductions, but being far more interesting to play against on the whole.

Edited by Loswaith

Something to consider is what invulnerability, when does right, says to a player.

I believe it was on Tennoclock that they mentioned that invulnerability is a cue to a player that something other than shooting has to be done. If you're doing damage, even a little, it doesn't convey that fact. All it conveys is that the enemy is very strong at that particular moment, and not that something has to be done to advance the encounter.