Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

No PVP in this game. None, niet, f*all, non, yada yada... how many times (and in how many languages) do we have to say it? There is NOT GOING TO BE ANY PVP RELEASED. Go read FAQ ffs. It's only going to be competition between clans and such (points, amount of killed enemies and such). Never tenno vs tenno directly in a fight.

So please, don't use that bullsh*t as an excuse for "balancing" purposes.

I'd like to further dissuade any futures derailings about PvP from this topic as I wasn't even considering that. (though a viable argument in another topic)

Fail

Good try though with quickly browsing the FAQ, unfortunately that's not updated.

Live Stream #5 17:11

Whether the game ever gets balanced for Pvp or not, is irrelevant. There is still the issue of god mode that affects both aspects of the game

You are not however, entitled to preach your opinion like it's fact, and use it as a basis to demand changes to the game, at the expense of the rest of the player base.

Every point that I've brought to attention has been truthful. However, I've seen a lot of misinformed posts from other people.

Amount of retards in the thread is too damn high!

You have yet to contribute anything intelligent to this discussion.

You have yet to contribute anything intelligent to this discussion.

And complaining about the powers that would "break" PvP, despite it has been said by Devs that they won't balance game for Duels makes you a smart and logical person.

Are you implying that the dueling system coming u8 isn't pvp? Cause that's hilarious.

You don't gain anything, you won't win anything out of it. It's PURELY "hey, wanna duel? Ok! ... Oh! you win! You're better than me! huehue". This is in no way proper pvp and as said before numerous times, the game has NOTHING to do with PVP, Steve does not want PVP period.

Fail

Good try though with quickly browsing the FAQ, unfortunately that's not updated.

Live Stream #5 17:11

Live Stream #5 17:25. "PVE game [...] all about coop". and Yes, FAQ is up to date. They haven't changed anything about it, no sudden new plans for pvp. You, sir, are fail. The duel is for CLAN MEMBERS ONLY. So "inter clan". They also said, they will not balance anything around duels.

As of the subject about rhino and trinity, maybe they need tweaking but removing those signature abilities like you're suggesting (any nerf suggested up to now) will render those frames near useless and a LOT less played. As of now, in over 220 hours of gameplay, i rarely ever see any trinity players and only sometimes i do see a rhino. Most frames i see are the beginner frames, ash, ember and maybe banshee. If rhino and tri were THAT op, how come there's not more player playing them? Hmmmm....

Can't a moderator close up this thread?

Edited by VieuxPappy

Making Iron skin a full frontal shield is the dumbest idea i've ever heard, u don't tank with something like that, you hunker down behind it and shoot. And rhino is all about getting up in peoples faces and ruining their day.

You*

Before blindly calling someones idea stupid, please learn to use your frame, And grammar. More importantly, grammar

Also please proofread your posts. A frontal shield is precisely what tanks use in most games, and guess what a tank does? Hunkers down and shoots.

@(*()$.

Rhinoobs.

You*

Before blindly calling someones idea stupid, please learn to use your frame, And grammar. More importantly, grammar

Also please proofread your posts. A frontal shield is precisely what tanks use in most games, and guess what a tank does? Hunkers down and shoots.

@(*()$.

Rhinoobs.

funny cuz in most online games i know of, the tank is usually the player who goes in and melees the mobs and draws aggro while the dps players attack without having to worry about being hit back and the healer is there for support. Considering thats what the rhino's ability is intended for (and the frame in general)

Also, i don't give a damn about grammar, if u can read it and makes sense then thats good enough for me.

learn ur frames scrub :D

You*

@(*()$.

Rhinoobs.

funny cuz in most online games i know of, the tank is usually the player who goes in and melees the mobs and draws aggro while the dps players attack without having to worry about being hit back and the healer is there for support. Considering thats what the rhino's ability is intended for (and the frame in general)

Also, i don't give a damn about grammar, if u can read it and makes sense then thats good enough for me.

learn ur frames scrub :D

Hey guys, can we please keep this civil. There is no need to suddenly start trolling/flaming each other. 

First off I have to agree with Reaver on how tanks work, minus the insult. Mbgunsling a frontal shield already exist in game Volt's Electric Shield is basically a frontal/deployable shield. Also Rhino's other abilities (well 3rd and 4th) are mainly used when surrounded by enemies. So hunkering down from a distance isn't quite the Rhino's theme. 

However the the "solid" frontal shield ability isn't entirely stupid. Perhaps it can be an ability for a future warframe? One that specializes in hunkering down at a distance and putting up blockades between his/her enemies.

Edit: Oh and sorry for the mini mod.

Edited by Rafarix

Hey guys, can we please keep this civil. There is no need to suddenly start trolling/flaming each other. 

First off I have to agree with Reaver on how tanks work, minus the insult. Mbgunsling a frontal shield already exist in game Volt's Electic Shield is basically a frontal/deployable shield. Also Rhino's other abilities (well 3rd and 4th) are mainly used when surrounded by enemies. So hunkering down from a distance isn't quite the Rhino's theme. 

However the the "solid" frontal shield ability isn't entirely stupid. Perhaps it can be an ability for a future warframe? One that specializes in hunkering down at a distance and putting up blockades between his/her enemies.

and honestly rhino doesnt need a shield to hide behind and shoot, all u really need to do is have a max rhino charge, dash thru  or away from the mob, then whip your gorgon out equipped with frost and just blast away.

In a situation where AoE's fail, I could still use Trin to facetank everything in the room with just melee attacks if I wanted. It might take awhile, but superman will eventually kill everything. Please try again.

You're somehow going to use a melee weapon to achieve what what a 1000-damage AoE isn't? The hell kind of melee weapon are you using?

You still haven't explained what exactly is wrong with it. Both powers give you a time of invincibility during which you get to damage your opponent. Iron Skin is just more freeform about it than Sound Quake.

Live Stream #5 17:25. "PVE game [...] all about coop". and Yes, FAQ is up to date. They haven't changed anything about it, no sudden new plans for pvp.

Must be painful trying to take your foot out of your mouth, I know.

What's a duel exactly? Last time I've checked, it's a player versus another player. Why do some of you incessantly bring up Pvp anyways. I don't care about it, never did

As of the subject about rhino and trinity, maybe they need tweaking but removing those signature abilities like you're suggesting

I never  suggested removing anything.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of people putting words in my mouth... Man.

People, really... Please actually read my posts if you are going to try any attempt to argue against them.

Edited by finaLfrontier

You're somehow going to use a melee weapon to achieve what what a 1000-damage AoE isn't? The hell kind of melee weapon are you using?

You still haven't explained what exactly is wrong with it. Both powers give you a time of invincibility during which you get to damage your opponent. Iron Skin is just more freeform about it than Sound Quake.

It's just an example that represents the fundamental flaw of god mode. Quit trying to spin the issue

Finalfronter... Lol my foot out of my mouth? Really? You can't argue what i wrote "game is PVE, all about coop" as Rebecca said so you say some non sense? Lol anyway it's a lost cause to try to make you understand how badly the way you're thinking would kill warframes. So many powers are "op" and makes you go on "godmode" all in their own ways. And plz stop spitting venom with every post you write.

You can clearly see that everyone (beside like 4-5 people) does not think you are right. You stated your point, most (like 95%) disagree with you. You have your answer, move along. Stop trying to force your ideas on others.

Edited by VieuxPappy

They are not meant to all be exactly equal in every aspect.

Otherwise, the only choice you get is the skins and nobody is even gonna bother crafting or buying new frames when their current frame can handle every single mission type just as well as any other frame.

You're not supposed to be only playing ONE frame.

There are some frames with OP skills for offense, some with OP skills for defense, some with OP skills for other utilities.

Ideally, you should be having at least 2 frames. One for offense and one for defense. Use the 2 free slots they give you.

A truly OP frame is one with all of them, making the rest all look like S#&$ in all aspect, making nobody wanna play them but it hasn't even been created yet.

If you remove/change link from trinity, what does she have left? All of here abilities are quickly and easily replaced by the plentiful health/energy spheres. She has no reason to be on the team without it and is dead weight because she has now CC ability.  

I can find no quotations of anybody from DE that states Rhino is a "tank".

Some players came up with it. He is NO tank! There is NO Holy Trinity in this game!

There are no healers, no dps, no tanks!

So Rhino is not meant to "tank" all the damage.

The argument: He is tank and needs to tank is wrong.

Some players came up with it. He is NO tank! There is NO Holy Trinity in this game!

I don't think you need someone to tell you something is a tank if it feels and play like one.

Rhino has 150 base armor and 150 shield capacity.

He has 2 D-slots.

It makes sense to use mods that buff your highest stats since they go in %,

What else is he going to be?

A healer? I don't think he can heal.

DPS is arguable if we factor in weapons.

Caster? Kind of wierd having only 100 base energy pool, isn't it?

There is no fixed role that you must conform to in Warframe, unlike in other MMOs where they just straight-up tell you what you are, but that doesn't mean some of the frames aren't somehow inclined towards those roles.

If you want to play Rhino as a DPS, that's fine too.

You're just not using him to his full potential, that's all.

In fact, if you factor in weapons, all frames can DPS.

If you just want to use weapons only, that's fine too. In fact, the Trinity that I'm leveling up now doesn't even use any of her skills because it just doesn't "click" with my playstyle somehow. Same problem with Ash.

The thing is, what you do with your frame and weapons is your business.

Is it neccessarily the best way? Maybe not. But if it is fun to do it that way and if it fits you, why not?

It's not like we are competing with each other on how long we can survive or how many enemies we can kill.

If you don't like the way a frame plays, don't play it. There are so many other choices.

Every time you request for a change on a frame/weapon, there are other people using them that have find it fun to play it the way it is.

What makes your opinion superior to theirs'?

I have leveled Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, Rhino, Volt, Trinity and Ash, and I still die from time to time, particularly on Pluto missions and some assassinations where somehow there's nobody playing most of the time in the Europe East region (Funny thing is they sometimes join in after I'm dead).

I never found the need to Slash Dash all the way (In fact, Radial Blind is way better if I have teammates around), I still die sometimes even after I use iron skin, the only skill that doesn't seem to suck on Volt is Overload and he dies way too easily for me. Ash plain sucks for me (Shuriken is pretty good actually assuming you don't miss or use for far range) and Trinity's skills just doesn't suit my play.

So should I ask for a buff on all of them?

I can understand if you are asking for a nerf/removal of an exploit. Things that are caused by players' actions which the developers did not expected/intended to.

However, individual skills are obviously planned by the developers and I really don't see why they should be nerfed.

No frame/weapon should be nerfed unless it is just so plain good that it beats everything else in all aspects (mission types/roles). A clear sign of OPness is everyone should be using it for everything. So far, I don't see this in the frames section.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I can find no quotations of anybody from DE that states that Rhino is "Not a tank". You just came up with it.

In PvP OP means no one can beat it.

In PvE it's probably should mean that it's overused (I'm speaking about you, HEK).

So if this 10-20 seconds god modes is as overpowered as you declaring then they are definitely should be overused.

Why don't everyone run in their Trinities an Rhinos constantly pressing this "win" button then? I meet Rhino even more occasional than almost any other warframe. I barely seen any Trinity outside boss assassination mission. All your arguments are invalid as long as there is no signs of a problem.

Why do you trying to fix something that is not broken?

Edited by Repligon

The popular opinion seems to be that Iron Skin is the only advantage of Rhino.

That means the frame (or rather it's other skills) are flawed in themselves, as such Rhino DOES need to be looked at if this is true.

And tbh I'd argue this is the case for a good majority of frames.

Edited by Kealani

I'm soooooooooo tired of new players asking for nerfs.... STAHP! This is not freakin league of legends! It's PVE! So instead of saying "A is better then B so nerf A!", you should say "B is overshadowed by A, so buff B!".

In the end, we'll all be stick figures with wetnoodles.

So much of this. PvP nerfs, PvE buffs.

Imo, Iron Skin is dumb. Here you go, press this button for invincibility.

It isn't dumb because of the invincibility, but because of how boring this ability is. DE was lazy with some of the skills really

The invincibility was meant to be used so that the user could tank hits for the rest of the team.  It wasn't being lazy, it was being clever, really.  The ability was meant to promote teamwork, I think.

No problem, I appreciate someone stepping in and helping us to try and keep things sane. (That said, we do appreciate reports as well, so we know where we're needed.)

As a Rhino user I definitely understand that this is a controversial topic - and I'm not trying to quench discussion, but as Rafarix said please do try and keep the discussion civil. Constructive feedback and discussion is useful for DE. Insult wars are not.