Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

DE should really post an announcement that GAME WILL NOT BE REBALANCED BECAUSE OF UPCOMING DUELS. 

Amount of retards in the thread is too damn high!

I guess you've missed the many times where they have said nothing is set in stone.  Now if you're talking about the live stream, the way I read it, he was mostly trying to emphasize that the work on the dueling system was not taking away from PvE development.  He never said that they wouldn't ever consider rebalancing it in the future if there was enough interest in it.

Edited by Aggh

You can clearly see that everyone (beside like 4-5 people) does not think you are right. You stated your point, most (like 95%) disagree with you. You have your answer, move along. Stop trying to force your ideas on others.

Once upon a time, 99% of the population thought the world was flat. Look how that turned out.

I have my answer? Must of missed that DE post proclaiming aforementioned decisive answer. K, let me go check. Back, nope.

I don't think you need someone to tell you something is a tank if it feels and play like one.

If you just want to use weapons only, that's fine too. In fact, the Trinity that I'm leveling up now doesn't even use any of her skills because it just doesn't "click" with my playstyle somehow. Same problem with Ash.

Sweet Jesus, AND God bless you OoKeNnEtHoO, why can't there be more posts like yours? Now we finally get to the core of the issue:

As others have mentioned, you don't ever see a Trinity, and when you do. They don't do anything. Why is that?

The problem is, Trinity doesn't "click" with anyone's playstyle. If I may resurrect an earlier point:

And no, never said Rhino needed to be nerfed. Changing his Iron skin to a damage reduction wouldn't be a nerf. It would require that he still takes some sort of damage, which means that he may require some degree of healing, which would mean that there would be some measure of team work and planning. Since the Devs are all about clans and teamwork, I would think this would further advance to that endeavor...

Let's paint a scenario to help illustrate some concepts here.

Rhino is tanking a boss that hits hard, complete with ungodly health pool. This is going to be a long fight.

Currently, Rhino just pops Iron skin indefinitely, 'cause the only use Trinity is, is to throw up Energy Vampire, then twiddle her thumbs.

How about this. Rhino can only possibly reach 80-90% DR (Devs decide) after mod ranks and focus, and the ability retains CC immunity. This means, he'd probably want to invest heavily in Steel Fiber, and Vitality. You know, spec like a tank...

Now he takes some damage. Now Trinity can do more, keeping that player completely engaged. In other words, use that awesome heal that she never uses every so often.

Oh, there is still that problem with Trinity's indefinite god mode as well. Don't take away Trinity's ability to benefit from Energy Vampire, she now needs to keep heals up. Reduce the god mode to a 50-50 split with close enemies and CC immunity, if no enemy close by, full damage no CC immunity. Problem solved.

Now I know, there is still the issue with abilities like Snow Globe, which are not quite god modes, that's a static defense... But that could be getting reworked too. And I want this topic to be as simple as possible, instead of an omg everything is wrong with the game thread

Just because an ability doesn't completely massacre everything in a room in a spit second, should it be devoid of any alteration.

Just because an ability isn't spammed 100% by the community, that there is nothing wrong with it and should require no future updating.

To add to this:

Just because 99% of the community thinks something is fine the way it is, doesn't mean that something isn't inherently wrong with it.

Edited by finaLfrontier

I can find no quotations of anybody from DE that states Rhino is a "tank".

Some players came up with it. He is NO tank! There is NO Holy Trinity in this game!

There are no healers, no dps, no tanks!

So Rhino is not meant to "tank" all the damage.

The argument: He is tank and needs to tank is wrong.

maybe because DE expects their players to be smart enough to be able to tell what each warframe is good at by looking at their stats and move properties? -.- guys like you are the reason tutorial modes in games are getting longer and longer -__-

Edited by Reaver_X

I would still like an actual example that shows "a fundamental flaw of God mode" as opposed to "a fundamental flaw of having infinite energy combined with abilities that provide immunity to damage". In your example where you melee everything while using Iron Skin, you have infinite energy to infinitely cast Iron Skin, that would be the only way to perform all the damage of other abilities.

Would Iron Skin be "God Mode" if it cost 100 energy and lasted for 3 seconds? It would be a horrible ability compared to, say, the much-loathed World on Fire which grants you immunity to damage for 3 seconds while you cast it as well as burn a bunch of enemies around you, and I can promise you that you would not bother making this thread if Iron Skin worked as such. Since you have a Rhino, you might even have wanted it to be buffed!

Iron Skin and LInk are not fundamentally flawed, it's just a matter of tweaking duration and cost. What should be there to provide a brief opportunity to regenerate shields, escape from being surrounded, revive a teammate or unload heavy damage on an priority target is being used to just tank everything everywhere.

maybe because DE expects their players to be smart enough to be able to tell what each warframe is good at by looking at their stats and move properties? -.- guys like you are the reason tutorial modes in games are getting longer and longer -__-

They have said that trinity is supposed to be a healer, it was in one of the live streams when they were talking about how she got reworked.  Don't feel like digging it up :|

I'm fairly certain they have said rhino is supposed to be a tank, but can't remember where.

Just because 99% of the community thinks something is fine the way it is, doesn't mean that something isn't inherently wrong with it.

Again, the opposite is just as true. Unlike the world being round, you do not have scientific facts to prove your point, this is a difference of opinion. Yet it seems like you're convinced you're right, and the only reason everyone doesn't agree is because they're idiots.

In your example where you melee everything while using Iron Skin, you have infinite energy to infinitely cast Iron Skin, that would be the only way to perform all the damage of other abilities.

In a situation where AoE's fail, I could still use Trin to facetank everything in the room with just melee attacks if I wanted. It might take awhile, but superman will eventually kill everything. Please try again

I would still like an actual example that shows "a fundamental flaw of God mode" as opposed to "a fundamental flaw of having infinite energy combined with abilities that provide immunity to damage".

Are you trying to steer this thread to an ability CD based system? Because I believe there are threads already about that. Anyways to answer this question for the umpteenth time, reworking these abilities to reduce damage, makes them work in an infinite energy based situation.

If you happen to play a Rhino solo, and are in a heated situation, of which you can't handle alone even with the terribly nerfed new iron skin, what's wrong with running for a bit? You do that with other warframes anyways. What's wrong with instead, Stomping, then running to regenerate shields? He has other abilities you know.

Edited by finaLfrontier

Again, the opposite is just as true. Unlike the world being round, you do not have scientific facts to prove your point, this is a difference of opinion. Yet it seems like you're convinced you're right, and the only reason everyone doesn't agree is because they're idiots.

Indeed, everything I've pointed out is an opinion, and I've never refuted that fact. You are taking that quote out of context.

When I mentioned the world being round, my opponent was claiming that 95% of the population is right about this. Where is their scientific proof?

Btw, good job with keeping up the current theme of putting words in my mouth.

Next

I'm beginning to think finalfrontier is trolling us all in fact. He reads what he wants to read and gives the impression that he believes to be the prophet of the truth for warframe players.

Let's be serious though, this has nothing to do with who is right and who is wrong, this has to do with the majority's opinion which is a big NO to everything you said finalfrontier. You've given your arguments, you tried to break others' but in the end, the majority shows that they still do not think like you. So just accept the fact that most do not agree with you and move on peacefully.

Link, and Iron Skin are so danged good...

Just saying

Rhino deserve iron skin becouse he is the "True tank" after all (Tons of CC and ways to get agroo)

Trinity in other hand is just $&*&*#(%&, you can literally just press 2 and 3 all the mission without caring at anything.

Link should work like Paladin Devotion (Ragnarok online) Sharing any buff casted by trinity or the linked target and transfering the damage of the tenno linked to trinity. (Trinity link the whole party, ash/loki use invi and the whole party gets invi just as a example, at the risk trinity can get insta killed if the party takes much damage, disabling the link and all the buffs as well.)

Edited by Dasmir

If you look at my posts I've stayed away from the term OP. It's not fair to compare Link to Sound Quake because, well, do I have to explain? Yeah Link wont kill a horde of enemies... So?

What do I define as OP?

Ok... NEVER DIEING is a definition you might find that exists... I dunno

Since you are so adamant about OP only existing in the PvP world... Well, welcome to the dojo son. If things stay they way they are, I'm pretty sure no one will want to face a Trin.

As far as Rhino is concerned, I only mentioned him because he's got a god mode too, but Rhino vs Trin, trin will win because rhino will run out of energy at some point. Let's see what the future holds on this issue.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHHA...

Oh, you were serious? OK let me explain:

Link, Energy Vampire, and Well of life do nothing against godmode.

Your argument for Trinity is futile.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHHA...

Oh, you were serious? OK let me explain:

Link, Energy Vampire, and Well of life do nothing against godmode.

Your argument for Trinity is futile.

Trinity Vs Rhino.. its like a fight of both paladins of WoW with perma bubble..

Rhino Cast Stomp but he is linked so he got the CC too..or just he since link reflect everything.

Edited by Dasmir

Rhino shouldn't necessarily get a full immunity, just a good damage reduction - like at least 75%. Also CC etc immunity like it is.

As it is a team with 4 Rhinos, each with a certain level of Continuity and Streamline and of course maxed Iron Skin and then 4 Energy Siphon Artifacts can literally stay completely invulnerable for the entire mission even without energy orb drops. That really is a bit silly.

Rhino shouldn't necessarily get a full immunity, just a good damage reduction - like at least 75%. Also CC etc immunity like it is.

As it is a team with 4 Rhinos, each with a certain level of Continuity and Streamline and of course maxed Iron Skin and then 4 Energy Siphon Artifacts can literally stay completely invulnerable for the entire mission even without energy orb drops. That really is a bit silly.

I have never ever seen a team of full Rhinos in my entire playing/viewing experience.

Youtube videos included.

That's called teamwork and planning. Most cases you would never find 4 Rhinos with what you described and 4 energy siphons in PUGs. You know why? Because not everyone plays Rhino when there are other frames to be played.

Sweet Jesus, AND God bless you OoKeNnEtHoO, why can't there be more posts like yours? Now we finally get to the core of the issue:

As others have mentioned, you don't ever see a Trinity, and when you do. They don't do anything. Why is that?

The problem is, Trinity doesn't "click" with anyone's playstyle. If I may resurrect an earlier point:

Now that's just a blanket statement that "Trinity doesn't "click" with anyone's playstyle." Just because one person said it doesn't click with him or her, does not mean it open season to make a statement like that for everyone. Now's who putting words in other people's mouths?

I have seen good and bad Trinities, bad ones play like how you describe, however the good ones I'd seen are great addition to the team. They heal when needed, cast energy vampire on the tougher enemies so everyone gets some energy back, and use link wisely. That can almost be said with any frame, bad players will be bad, good players will be good.

I'm soooooooooo tired of new players asking for nerfs.... STAHP! This is not freakin league of legends! It's PVE! So instead of saying "A is better then B so nerf A!", you should say "B is overshadowed by A, so buff B!".

In the end, we'll all be stick figures with wetnoodles.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's even annoying in league of legends with just roving packs of sheep complaining about one flavor of the month champion to the next.

I'd rather have my Rhino be able to tank while I'm trying to revive a teammate with 500 infested and J3-Golem on them instead of insta-dying.

No amount of dmg reduction is going to save you from the above scenario, which is one I've been in several times, both as the Rhino and as the DeadWeight.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's even annoying in league of legends with just roving packs of sheep complaining about one flavor of the month champion to the next.

Sadly, those LoL players roam in packs to other games to demand PvP, nerfs, and ice-cream in curiously angry broken English. It gets a little wearing.

Indeed, everything I've pointed out is an opinion, and I've never refuted that fact. You are taking that quote out of context.

When I mentioned the world being round, my opponent was claiming that 95% of the population is right about this. Where is their scientific proof?

Btw, good job with keeping up the current theme of putting words in my mouth.

Next

That's because in a matter of subjective opinion, the majority is held to be the correct party, and at the moment the majority opinion wants the mechanics of Iron skin, and Link to remain the same.

If you were actually concerned with balancing these two skills, then you would be better off offering duration, and cost changes. Not only would you probably get better feedback, but people would doubtlessly be more receptive to your ideas.

Instead you want to replace Iron skin and Link with these Rube-gold-burgesque mechanics in order to fulfill your idea of how the power should behave. It makes sense that people are going to disagree.

I'm beginning to think finalfrontier is trolling us all in fact. He reads what he wants to read and gives the impression that he believes to be the prophet of the truth for warframe players.

Let's be serious though, this has nothing to do with who is right and who is wrong, this has to do with the majority's opinion which is a big NO to everything you said finalfrontier. You've given your arguments, you tried to break others' but in the end, the majority shows that they still do not think like you. So just accept the fact that most do not agree with you and move on peacefully.

Wow, you figured it out. Big 'round of applause to you.

So please, keep posting the same thing over and over again worded differently, and I'll keep replying to them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHHA...

You seem like someone whose opinion I'd take seriously.

Now that's just a blanket statement that "Trinity doesn't "click" with anyone's playstyle." Just because one person said it doesn't click with him or her, does not mean it open season to make a statement like that for everyone. Now's who putting words in other people's mouths?

I have seen good and bad Trinities, bad ones play like how you describe, however the good ones I'd seen are great addition to the team. They heal when needed, cast energy vampire on the tougher enemies so everyone gets some energy back, and use link wisely. That can almost be said with any frame, bad players will be bad, good players will be good.

You're right, there are some bad players, and some good players. All the points I've made are from personal experience playing Trinity. This is how I see it.

I never have to heal that Rhino that charges into a group of enemies, or facetanks a boss.

I never have to heal myself.

I occasionally have to heal the new player in a pug, or someone leveling a new warframe. Extremely rare

I've seen this on all types of missions, defenses, bosses, difficulty levels.

I'd rather have my Rhino be able to tank while I'm trying to revive a teammate with 500 infested and J3-Golem on them instead of insta-dying.

No amount of dmg reduction is going to save you from the above scenario, which is one I've been in several times, both as the Rhino and as the DeadWeight.

You're right, in that situation you'd probably die, and maybe even fail the mission. And that's just unacceptable

Or

You could try pressing button #4

Try reviving your teammate now. Almost forgot he had other abilities didn't you