Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Manics, But...

Inarticulate

Blackout fully highlights just why enemy invincibility is complete and utter cowdung.

As cheap as the tactic is of hiding in a Snow Globe with all the Manics debuffed with Molecular Prime, it's significantly more cheap and equally frustrating when a Manic is in its invincibility phase during its attack recovery and you can't do a thing to it until it finally disappears (which takes forever because it's in the Snow Globe and Primed) and goes elsewhere.

I understand Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril being invincible everywhere but their weak points; they're armored to the teeth and should play the part of being armored to the teeth. But, I see no reason why Manics should be invincible at all while they are visible. (I'm willing to let them be invincible while they're invisible. That much kind of makes some sense.)

As a trade-off for losing their invincibility for the entire duration they are visible, increase their health (probably double or triple) and decrease their health regeneration by the same factor (one half of current if their health is doubled, one third of current if their health is tripled, etc.).

EDIT:

To be fair, Blackout wouldn't even have been remotely difficult if the Manics didn't have their invincibility.

Edited by Inarticulate

With an infinite invisibility loki it really was just a waiting game for the manics to pop out and for frost it is just more waiting while standing in your snow globe for the slow with a shotgun. I like the idea of the manics but i really really hate their invincibility as it turns into a long game of whack-a-mole hoping you don't get lazy and mess up due to impatience.

Edited by Legonist

but blackout wasn't difficult

at all

No, it wasn't. But if they had no invincibility, any hint of difficulty at all would have been gone.

This enemy is the epitomy of bad design, you can,t even see it !! is there a legit way to fight him ?

Manics are easy. You just shoot them very dead when they're not invincible. But like mentioned above, it's basically just a game of whack-a-mole. I like fighting them, they just... need to not be invincible after they attack and miss.

Edited by Inarticulate

With an infinite invisibility loki it really was just a waiting game for the manics to pop out and for frost it is just more waiting while standing in your snow globe for the slow with a shotgun. I like the idea of the manics but i really really hate their invincibility as it turns into a long game of whack-a-mole hoping you don't get lazy and mess up due to impatience.

Not everyone  runs and Invs Loki all the time.

Manics would be easier for me to deal with if I wasn't deathly terrified of enemies that are fast, can go invincible and/or invisible, and do high damage.

Luckily I have over a hundred Charger Specters on me at any given time. They can go first.

but blackout wasn't difficult

at all

-if you use some type of cheese-mode tactic-

fixed that for you.

for wave 3 i finally solo it with loki, but it took like an hour.

just have to perfectly time invis mid-copter and they cant hit you while you cast...  then just aimlessly melee at thin air until they happen to die.

...an hour later of rinse/repeat/nauseum  the mission was finally over.

was it hard doing it that way? not really.

was it fun doing it that way? not even slightly. 

(I'm willing to let them be invincible while they're invisible. That much kind of makes some sense.)

No? why they must be invincible at any stage? Why not to make Loki invincible in invisibility also. I hate cheap solutions, it's already enough credits for the maniacs that they can kill you from a single leap attack to make for them another excuses.

When fighting these guys using melee only, you don't really notice the invulnerability phase, since the only time they're close is when they're not invulnerable.  They normally only go invulnerable on the retreat.

It's really to discourage just shooting at them and laying down AoEs I've found.  The manic is a duelist: wait for the attack, parry, take a swing.  A far more proper duelist than the Stalker could ever hope to be in his current state.  Getting ganked by 3+ at a time makes things tricky, but not impossible.  I wouldn't recommend melee for round 3 though.  A single missed parry and it's over.

Please make the manic a well thought out enemy.

1. Health regen is not cool for a normal enemy, just double or triple his health, he is immune to warframe power damage so you won't be one shoting him anyways.

2. Please get rid of the teleport! It's so gimmicky. You can't track him down, you just wait and that's not fun and does not involve any skill. Make him fast and nimble. Give him the leaper's dodge roll but make it faster and speed it up. Give him the mutalist Moa's high jump spin move. This will allow him to actually pounce on us from above like the actual concept was suppose to do.

3. Allow him to effectively use terrain. Allow him to roll behind cover quickly. Have him be able to jump of walls and crates in order to get a higher vantage point to attack us. This will force us to track him on all 3 axis, having to check up too when fighting him, not just on the ground.

Right now he's too gimmicky to be an interesting character.