Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, What The Hell Are You Doing?!

Taipion

Stability, that's one simple word, and something that is THAT BAD in warframe, I would not expect that of an early alpha!

On top of that, it looks like it would have been avoidable, which makes this incredibly embarrassing.

It constantly happens that a mission crashes before it actually starts loading (client crashs, restart client) THREE TIMES! But only if you do it solo, but it then miraculously loads and runs fine without any problem ever...

And then when doing something in a group, chances of loading without crash are completely different.

I guess something in the direction of (pre)caching stuff before loading it... which really can't be that hard.

The fact that this problem is around for quite a while only makes it worse.

For instance, If I play with 3 of my friends, we can do 1 of 3 missions normally, whereas in 2 of 3 cases someone crashes, loses connection and so on... can it be that hard to write a reliable netcode?!

The basic concept of how a multiplayer sessions in warframe works is pretty bad btw, but that's another story.

And there are just so many things that are not even technical problems but very bad game design decisions... just look at that great new way to practice mastery-rank missions, you honestly need to:

- select the relay

- load the relay (and pray you get there without a crash)

- bear the "cinematic" which is NOT optional and NOT skipable

- run through the whole level to the exact opposite side

- take some time to find the (not labeled) test you are looking for

Now, if you want to do it again, you need to do most of that stuff again, as you come out of a test you have to watch the unskipable "docking at realay cinematic", again, and run through the whole damn thing, again.

Who, I meam, what human being with a halfway sane mind would wilfully implement it like that?!

Oh, and guess what steps are necessary if you want to play with different loadouts on those test...

This whole game is all around on a level of an early alpha, and there are apparently many things the devs of this game need to learn.

Please do so, as I am probably stuck here due to my friends for some time, I'd really love to see those very avoidable and highly embarrassing things fixed, thanks.

Edited by Taipion

Stability, that's one simple word, and something that is THAT BAD in warframe, I would not expect that of an early alpha!

On top of that, it looks like it would have been avoidable, which makes this incredibly embarrassing.

It constantly happens that a mission crashes before it actually starts loading (client crashs, restart client) THREE TIMES! But only if you do it solo, but it then miraculously loads and runs fine without any problem ever...

And then when doing something in a group, chances of loading without crash are completely different.

I guess something in the direction of (pre)caching stuff before loading it... which really can't be that hard.

The fact that this problem is around for quite a while only makes it worse.

For instance, If I play with 3 of my friends, we can do 1 of 3 missions normally, whereas in 2 of 3 cases someone crashes, loses connection and so on... can it be that hard to write a reliable netcode?!

The basic concept of how a multiplayer sessions in warframe works is pretty bad btw, but that's another story.

And there are just so many things that are not even technical problems but very bad game design decisions... just look at that great new way to practice mastery-rank missions, you honestly need to:

- select the relay

- load the relay (and pray you get there without a crash)

- run through the whole level to the exact opposite side

- take some time to find the (not labeled) test you are looking for

Now, if you want to do it again, you need to do most of that stuff again, as you come out of a test you have to watch the unskipable "docking at realay cinematic", again, and run through the whole damn thing, again.

Who, I meam, what human being with a halfway sane mind would wilfully implement it like that?!

This whole game is all around on a level of an early alpha, and there are apparently many things the devs of this game need to learn.

Please do so, as I am probably stuck here due to my friends for some time, I'd really love to see those very avoidable and highly embarrassing things fixed, thanks.

You can hit spacebar and it'll prompt you to skip the cutscene. 

Please do not devbash, provide constructive criticism without being inflammatory. 

I have no idea what you're even talking about. Mastery tests? Why are you going to the relays to take them?

It must be a problem with your system, because I rarely crash. Plus, stability should not be expected in either an alpha or beta version of a game. Ever. I don't know why you would ever think of that. - And you can skip the cutscene, though. You know, common sense. It would be rather odd to be able to skip all the game's cutscenes, but not that single one.

Edited by JRMC

It must be a problem with your system, because I rarely crash. Plus, stability should not be expected in either an alpha or beta version of a game. Ever. I don't know why you would ever thinking of that. - And you can skip the cutscene, though. You know, common sense. It would be rather odd to be able to skip all the game's cutscenes, but not that single one.

This.

Crashes are very rare for me, only from host migrations (unfortunately always in long sessions where the rewards were plentiful) and the uncommon Inbox crash during Eyes of Blight.

Get a better computer, maybe? The fact that neither I nor anyone I know has any of those problems heavily indicates it's a problem on your end, not theirs.

Totally skippable, btw.

It seems not a whole lot of people are having the same issues, although I'm not sure on the specifics of your problem, so it could be on your end.

The game is running more or less fine so I wouldn't start crying neglect and throwing DE under a bus because you are only now having issues.

Wanna know how many AAA games seen had barely work for a lot of the consumer base? Quite a few, only to have all support threads abandoned, thanks a lot capcom.

But I digress, give specific details and that will allow the problem to be narrowed down and potentially fixed.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

You must be using DirectX 10 or 11... The game's been pretty unstable with that ever since U15.

Before you start the game, click the little 'gear' icon on the Launcher and you should be able to disable DirectX 10 and 11 there.

I use Direct X 10 and I've encountered no unique problems.

I don't encounter these problems either... You might want to take your concerns to the appropriate forum and see if they can render assistance.

Some games are just bad fits for people though.... You might want to consider that.

If your friends are actually friends, they will understand.

Instability can come from many things, such as a:

1) Wily internet connection (modem, the computer's antenna)

2) An irregularity in hardware (the 12V cable for my motherboard slipped a little and my computer would instantly crash after idling in my Liset for a few minutes),

3) Your copy of the game could be missing some files (verifying the cache in the launcher fixes that)

4) Or:

You must be using DirectX 10 or 11... The game's been pretty unstable with that ever since U15.

Before you start the game, click the little 'gear' icon on the Launcher and you should be able to disable DirectX 10 and 11 there.

I wouldn't pin instability on the game since not every user is experiencing frequent crashes at this time, otherwise the forums would be flooded.

I wouldn't pin instability on the game since not every user is experiencing frequent crashes at this time, otherwise the forums would be flooded.

Right, sorry. I just assumed this was a normal problem with DirectX since a lot of people were complaining about crashes at U15's launch, and people were told to switch off DirectX 10 and 11, which for me worked. Haven't really tried switching them on again so far.

There is so much wrong with the original post that I don't even... Yes, there have been some issues lately, this game is beta. It's to be expected and these things are fixed very quickly considering the dev team's size.

You CAN in fact skip those cutscenes by pressing spacebar, but apparently you didn't try that or ask around for a skip button.

As others have stated, I don't encounter these problems- at least not nearly to this frequency. It's more likely than not a problem with you or your squads' internet or hardware, I suggest checking your system specifications against the recommended minimums which can be found conveniently on warframe's steam page.

I would also like to point out that Warframe does not have dedicated servers, and works Peer 2 Peer meaning you rely on stable connections to the host, and rely on their build to be good enough to handle it- which often is not the case. Considering the difficulty of making a game like this work to connect people with vastly different systems, specifications, internet providers, firewalls, etc- DE has done a very good job of making it work.

I do personally find it a bit tiresome to have to walk around relays (or flip as it speeds you up) in order to do stuff, so I make it a point to do as much there as possible whenever I go, so that I don't need to frequently- perhaps DE could install some teleporters (food for thought).

If you honestly believe it is the game at fault and not your personal system or requirements, like you seem to believe here; there is no reason whatsoever to consider crashing while friends are trying to get you into a game embarrassing since it would be the fault of the game and they would understand. Frustrating maybe, but not embarrassing.

Right, sorry. I just assumed this was a normal problem with DirectX since a lot of people were complaining about crashes at U15's launch, and people were told to switch off DirectX 10 and 11, which for me worked. Haven't really tried switching them on again so far.

Afaik this issue was patched out, you should be able to re-enable them without any issues. It was a problem with loading into relays and missions for AMD GPU users.

First things first, be calm and keep polite in the forum. None would like to see other tenno raged for serious unless its a big deal to everyone.

Try to check on Warframe requirements data, perhaps your computer / laptop doesn't complete the requirement.

If so, on Devstream #50 DE stated that bugs and crashes also update are not an easy job since they do it by their own hand like so.

If you're using DirectX 10 or 11, change it to DirectX9. I am fine with DirectX 9 and Razer since I start to play Warframe. Super rare crash.

Hehehe :3

Thanks for that hint, I will try.

But why is it selected by default?!

[edit:]

To make this clear, embarrassing was meant as embarrassing for those who made this game.

And crashs are very, very frequent, for me and all my friends.

(We all have systems that are well above the minimum requirements.)

The suspicous part is, that for 90%+ of all crashes of both me and all my friends, they happen while first loading the mission, and only very rarely when the mission loaded successfully.

This looks like an avoidable mistake, and therefore I can't even believe it's been that way for so long.

Edited by Taipion

I was quoting you because you beat me to my bullet point #4, you're fine. Turning off Directx has solved a lot of peoples' problems, I just didn't want to say what you already say.