Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are The Tennos Energy Or Flesh? How Is Warframe And Dark Sector Connected?

arche

First off, I strongly believe that tennos are flesh. Why?
We went into cryo-statis state, in which the lotus woke us up and lead us. We can also bleed. We also require life support in survival missions, and we can die as well, leads me to believe that we are flesh instead of energy. As various NPCs(mostly bosses) also stated we are flesh EG Lech Kril. Several bosses also states that Warframes are suits that contains us. Lotus also says this at the end of exterminate missions, "OTHER than you, I can't detect any other LIFEFORMS the ship"
However, Cpt Vor says that we are energy which controls the frame. But I see it as a metaphor instead. He is stating that the Warframe doesn't give us powers, it is the tenno who have the powers. The warframe simply helps to channel that power. In Rhino's codex, it describes an out of frame tenno is still able to use his powers. Which will also explain ember's codex. The child is capable of using/controlling fire, which let to Kaleen injury.

I also wish to believe that dark sector and warframe is strongly connected, but as what most people says, the events which happened in dark sector was too long ago to have any huge impact of the current time in warframe.
As Megan have stated that dark sector and warframe are inextricably linked. And recently we had the proto-type glaive as well.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155
Various warframes also have the orokin language inscribed on them with the words "Hayden Tenno".
The Lotus symbol dates back to dark sector as well. So what does the orokin or the lotus have to do or know of the events in dark sector?

DE has said while Dark Sector and Warframe happen in the same universe, the difference in time between the two was made so that they don't really have to follow what was set in Dark Sector.

Remember what Dark Sector ended up being wasn't what they wanted to make. Here's the original reveal trailer.

The Dark sector we got is really only the spiritual predecessor to Warframe. 

There are literally dozens of threads with exactly the same questions. You should just go read one of those. A lot are pretty lengthy. 

In short, yes, we are some form of flesh.

And

Yes, they are connected, but not in the way most would think. Warframe is the spiritual successor of Dark Sector rather than a direct sequel.

There is proof for each side of this argument, but as of now there is no definite proof that a Tenno is either energy or flesh. It is known however, that at one point those known as Tenno did have flesh due to Ember Prime's codex entry describing them as children. It is also known though that Tenno's powers are from the void, and the energy used by those powers is from the void. Basically, the Warframes conduct and focus the void energy that Tenno can now control.

It is grate though that some things in this game have been confirmed as absolute truth. Very grate indeed...

grate prime

Edited by TheStag

The Tenno are definitely of flesh. Multiple bosses refer to the "flesh beneath that Warframe", as well as Ember's Codex entry clearly pointing out what the Tenno actually are.

Such as this person says, there is proof for each side of the argument. I personally believe each Warframe has a different Tenno with differet powers in it, but it is possible that Tenno, once organic beings, are now energy that control a technocyte flesh within the Warframes.

How many threads does it take to figure this out? The world may never know...

Such as this person says, there is proof for each side of the argument. I personally believe each Warframe has a different Tenno with differet powers in it, but it is possible that Tenno, once organic beings, are now energy that control a technocyte flesh within the Warframes.

How many threads does it take to figure this out? The world may never know...

So far the only evidence that even suggests that Tenno are just energy is said by Vor's arguably metaphorical statement, stacked against the countless other dialogue about Tenno as lifeforms, peeling Warframes off to see what flesh is beneath etc. etc. etc.

Believe me, Tenno are not energy. Period.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

So far the only evidence that even suggests that Tenno are just energy is said by Vor's arguably metaphorical statement, stacked against the countless other dialogue about Tenno as lifeforms, peeling Warframes off to see what flesh is beneath etc. etc. etc.

Believe me, Tenno are not energy. Period.

It has not yet been confirmed either way.

To play devil's advocate here...

Why does Ordis refer to us as Operator, and say that whichever Warframe we choose "suits" us? The way it is stated implies that we are one being, not multiple among each frame. Please don't state something as fact that has not yet been confirmed nor denied.

Tenno are flesh. 

mj0324aca03.jpg

Just playing devil's advocate again... but that is confirmed fan art used to increase Warframe hype for China release. This as proof was debunked long ago.

Nobody knows what the tenno are as of the moment, they could be flesh or they could be pure energy, it's all up in the air at this point. All we currently are aware of is that tenno are not specific to frames (there a singular being putting on each frame, not a separate person for each one) and that the tenno are quite small for their size or capable of changing shape/size to fit the specific needs of each frame. Otherwise who the heck knows. 

Hopefully we'll get some tidbits on this one day, would be interesting to find out what we are supposed to be.

Why does Ordis refer to us as Operator, and say that whichever Warframe we choose "suits" us? The way it is stated implies that we are one being, not multiple among each frame. Please don't state something as fact that has not yet been confirmed nor denied.

It is perfectly viable for Tenno to don Warframes without being formless energy, and nobody ever argued that a single Tenno wasn't piloting multible Warframes, the evidence is there.

However, there is barely any evidence that could be even be thought of as confirming Tenno to be energy beings. This has been discussed to death over and over again and it's starting to get rather dull.

hm ... ever imagined the possiblity 'Ordo' is just refering to the Player as teh Operator, becasue its funny, somehow ... like in Portal, breaking the fourth wall?

I think if this game was lore related u could only choose one Frame per char but could create more then one,  like true MMO style

What if tenno are biomorphs? If we're counting Dark Sector as canon, Nadia Sudek could turn into Nemesis who had a totally different body type as her.

The tenno are physically present in the suits, we just don't yet know how the suit switching works or if suits are switched.

It is perfectly viable for Tenno to don Warframes without being formless energy, and nobody ever argued that a single Tenno wasn't piloting multible Warframes, the evidence is there.

However, there is barely any evidence that could be even be thought of as confirming Tenno to be energy beings. This has been discussed to death over and over again and it's starting to get rather dull.

Yes there is nothing confirming tenno as energy beings, but there is more backing for it than the person theory with the evidence that we are singular tenno wearing each frame as we please. That suggests that whatever the tenno are they are capable of changing their form to some extent or don't really have a solid form the start with. 

Of course that still leaves room for our characters being biomorphs or the such, but all in all with what we have there's more to suggest the tenno's physical state has some sort of abnormality to it or that they aren't physical at all. 

The tenno are genetically enhanced superhumans. Its silly to think that they arent flesh.

Please cite your source.

Edit to add a bit more info...

There is no source for this. This has been completely made up.

Edited by TheStag

Ember Codex Entry

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on a military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

As far as I know, children are made of flesh.

/thread

Edited by Kao-Snake