Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Ability Rework?

Saberis

I think Ash's first ability is kind of under and over powered, it deals a lot of damage, in the form of homing shurikens (narrow arc of enemy detect), but isn't good against a lot of enemies. I think that it would be better if the damage got reduced a lot, and remove homing, but instead provide a flurry of shurikens, so like 15, which fly in 1 direction, with no homing. It makes it more efficient for multiple enemies, and, because an enemy can get hit by multiple, is still viable at shot range. You could even add an augment mod, for example, it could cause the shurikens to bounce off walls, with a max of 3 bounces at max level, with a chance to hit other enemies, like Oberon's Smite. Doing this would also make Ash a more viable and appropriate choice for infested missions where you benefit from the shuriken's slash damage.

Ash's third ability could use some work as well, because right now, Teleport is basically useless, sure, you can teleport to enemies for quick melee kills, or to downed team mates for reviving, but that's basically it. When teleporting, you could become invisible for like 2 seconds, which would give you enough time to perform a stealth kill, and if you do it on a downed team mate, the revival time could be shorter, where as doing it on a normal team mate would make the team mate invisible as well. Ash is more of a damage dealer, and has average defensive statistics, so getting a quick invis teleport could save him from a sticky situation, since Ash is more close and personal. An Augment mod could temporarily blind enemies or buff armour upon getting teleported to

Finally his ultimate, Blade Storm. It's a good ultimate but takes too long, I was thinking, instead of him teleporting too them and stabbing them, he could disappear and re-appear, throwing kunais at enemies, at maybe 2 kunais every half a second for 3/4/5 seconds (duration), which deals puncture damage. It would be faster, kunais would deal less damage but at at a faster rate. The two kunais are Ash, and a clone, like with the original blade storm, enemies can be hit multiple times, but first, all the others which haven't been hit have to get hit before the enemy can get hit again. Augment mods could be placed, for example, kunais cause random elements (electricity, fire & ice).

So yeah, if you have any feedback feel free.

Edit: Oh yeah, ASH PRIME PLS

Edited by Saberis

If you think his ultimate is slow, you haven't seen him before they gave him clones.

The only adjustment I'd like to see on Ash is soft lock on Teleport targeting instead of pixel-perfect aiming it requires as of now. Accurately teleporting to an enemy you want to teleport to in combat is unnecessarily difficult especially if you can't use aim zoom and sensitivity (i.e. with melee).

If you think his ultimate is slow, you haven't seen him before they gave him clones.

The only adjustment I'd like to see on Ash is soft lock on Teleport targeting instead of pixel-perfect aiming it requires as of now. Accurately teleporting to an enemy you want to teleport to in combat is unnecessarily difficult especially if you can't use aim zoom and sensitivity (i.e. with melee).

I literally played him today . . . He's my main.

The last one sounds like a nerf to be honest, right now BS is dealing Finisher damage, along with a butt load of bleed procs, all of which ignore armor, making it one of the, if not, the only damage ability which scales into late game, and you're just gonna take that away ?

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

Both the ultimate and his 1. Are overwhelming strong.

Seeking shuriken opened a utility build for him where he supports instead of dealing dmg (armor reduction on a heavy grineer gunner->100k active health become 10k for 5-7 energy on a efficiency build)....it is fast, spamable and effective.

And the ultimate speaks for itself. It IS slow compared to other dmg ultimates but BS deals finisher dmg and stays equally effective troughout the game.

Teleport could use some rework though, thats true. And i'd also love to see the same quick homing execution on it what makes the shuriken so amazing. I kinda end up pressing the button multiple times to even get it done. Probably works decent on PC but its just horrible on consoles.

His shuriken is pretty S#&$ty actually. It doesn't hit the thing I actually want it to hit and instead flies over to the guy behind cover. And seeing how it doesn't have punch through I just wasted 25 energy.

His teleport could be better. It's so hard to target that one guy 60m away when he's tiny as F***.

Bladestorm is great except for the animation. It's so bad, clips all over the place and bugs you out and gives me a headache.

I @(*()$ main Ash, profile me.

Edited by Zerkev

His shuriken is pretty S#&$ty actually. It doesn't hit the thing I actually want it to hit and instead flies over to the guy behind cover. And seeing how it doesn't have punch through I just wasted 25 energy.

His teleport could be better. It's so hard to target that one guy 60m away when he's tiny as F***.

Bladestorm is great except for the animation. It's so bad, clips all over the place and bugs you out and gives me a headache.

I @(*()$ main Ash, profile me.

I don't suffer from this problem in all honesty. Just shoot it at theyr face or get used to the mechanic and it will allways hit.

His ultimate should be slow honestly, i main Ash and love him to death but i can agree that his ult does insane damage, the slow speed of it is a good trade off imo. Ash is damn near perfect. a few tweaks here and there and hes fine. maybe change teleport to a cone instead of pinpoint targeting to make ti easier to use and then hes good

UMMMM, let me consider your ideas....NO!

Ash is balanced right now, great for damage and can be built for stealth, though not a good as Loki. Blade Storm is powerful because it ignores armor, so the slowdown is ok. Suriken is good right now because it's a 1, it doesn't need to be the go-to skill, it's good for stealth at low levels and usable as high levels with the augment. Teleport allows you to do finishers, the strongest melee attacks in the game because they ignore armor and do a multiple of damage.

He can be one of the best damage dealing warframes in the game, and is balanced will for it.

His teleport could use a little tweaking, and I would love it if the energy cost of Smoke Screen was less, but it does stagger enemies on top of making him invisible and that's a thing sooo.... Nah, don't mess with him.

Ash is one of the few frames I enjoy using a lot ATM mainly because I can mod him a few different ways and still have fun.

Edited by Rebellis

Ash is one of the few frames whose kit is actually sinergic and very well done.

Don't change him please.

(ps: if teleport's targeting would get better or if it would get the ability to teleport to places instead of just enemies/allies i'd be happy, but it's not really an issue)

well, let me get this traight

1: You intend to make his first skill just spread and hit multiple enemies, but with a huge debuff to damage? Meaning you would rather not kill anyone and aggro a horde of mobs to punish you for your bad move? No thanks.

2: teleport useless? I laughed...and laughed....and laughed some more. You said it yourself,its excellent to get to enemies for a fast kill or to revive teammates. How can you say its useless? Also, for the invis part, you can always hit your skill 2 for a small invis pre-teleport (unless you are invis ash focused for melee only build, then you will see the terror on your enemies faces as they cant manage to scape you nor fire back..

3- so you wanna make his ultimate...which is awessome....into excalibur´s? And nerf the damage? No thanks and excuse me while i go for a seccond session of laughter.

Ash prime...well, that is the one thing i cant disagree on you, we all want him =).

I'm not trying to sound rude, but why don't you go play nyx? Try her psychic bolts, they're absolutely terrible, and your suggestion for shuriken would make shuriken even worse than psychic bolts.

Ash is an assassin, he's good vs single targets and small groups, massive damage over a small area. This is what people don't understand when they claim peacemaker doesn't do very much damage compared to blade storm; Peace maker allows you to press 4 and obliterate waves upon waves of low to mid level enemies, bladestorm takes out up to 18 enemies. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but I encourage you to try other frames, Ash might not be the best one for you. OR he COULD be the best one for you, you might just have to take a bit of a break from him to try some room clearing frames, lol, idk,(that helped me like a few frames I didn't at first). I just encourage that you try some room clearing frames like mesa before attempting to make ash become one.

Edited by Ironlixivium

I like how his Shurikens home in on enemies, but that's just me personally.

Teleport needs to act like Wormhole, taking you as far as you can physically go within the ability's range until you hit something.  Enemies within a few meters of the target location could get staggered, allowing for finishers without needing perfect aim.  Having to aim at an enemy just to activate a mobility tool such as Teleport is way too constricting.

Blade Storm does take a long time, but that time allows you to get a breather from enemies attacking you.  It's fine in that aspect.

P.S. AAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHH PPPPPPRRRRRRRRRIIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

P.S.S.  Ash needs a passive ability.  What should it be?  My suggestion is innate Handspring for faster knockdown recovery. Because ninjas are light on their feet or something like that.

Edited by SullyTheStalker

Teleport could use some rework though, thats true. And i'd also love to see the same quick homing execution on it what makes the shuriken so amazing. I kinda end up pressing the button multiple times to even get it done. Probably works decent on PC but its just horrible on consoles.

I play on PS4 too and i know how bad it can be, but it's not that horrible. If you want to make it usable go to options menu and change your controls, it is an ingame thing, you can replace the controls(for example melee with R1), what i do is place Power 3(teleport) in R3, so you can control your aim AND use the power without using the touch pad (R3 is your analog stick button by the way, you just press it to use the power)

I hope you could understand, my english is not very good :P