Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magic/wizardry

-DragonOfTheWest-

So Warframe has covered a wide range of play styles thru weapons and different Warframe abilities. But one place they have seemed to skip is the Magic/Wizardry department. Im talking elemental gloves that let you throw fire or ice at your enemies. Or maybe a staff that shoots lightning. Maybe a little bit of witchery or blood magic to spice things up. Its one of the many reason i turn to games like skyrim or even mortal kombat. They offer this side of gameplay and do it well. Are there any plans in the future to implement magic, Wizardry or witchery into the game?

Edited by williamsos10

Sci-fi game.

Elemental gloves = Frost and Ember

Staff = Eh, the Ampris(?) shoots out lightning on its' slam attack. The amprex/synapse are basically this though.

Basically, just stick with magic games if you're craving magic powers.

Edited by Ordel

This is a science fiction game, not a fantasy. The Tenno have powers, but they're sciency void energy powers... not magic.

I know that. Thats why i put this thread up is because there is no magic. And it may be a scifi game but i'm sure they could implement it someway. I mean we already have a necromancer why not a witch or wizard?

You don't think frames like Frost and Ember are magic casters?

They are in a sense. And thats one of the reasons that ember prime is my favorite frame. 

Items like that could exist if the Tenno didn't already shoot fire and ice. However, their powers are not made from science. That is pure bloody space magic. Like most fantasy games their magic comes from somewhere, some different plane of existence. Kind of like the Void. And guess who got exposed to Void energies? Tenno did!

I know that. Thats why i put this thread up is because there is no magic. And it may be a scifi game but i'm sure they could implement it someway. I mean we already have a necromancer why not a witch or wizard?

The whole point of his post was to say that sci-fi games don't have magic in them. Warframe doesn't really need magic. Not the Wizard101 type of magic that you're talking about, anyway.

No one here has gotten the point. none of these frames or weapons really scream magic. None of there backgrounds fit it and even there abilities don't to an extent. Maybe there will be someone who isn't so one sided that will coment one day. Until then guess the game will stay the exact same. Gets boring after a while ya know : )

Sci-fi game.

Elemental gloves = Frost and Ember

Staff = Eh, the Ampris(?) shoots out lightning on its' slam attack. The amprex/synapse are basically this though.

Basically, just stick with magic games if you're craving magic powers.

Also the amprex? It does not shoot lighting it lets it travel a short distance thru the ground and hit an enemy. I mean like a charge attack lighting bolt.

There is more than just elemental magic. I just used those as an example.

I'm aware. That doesn't explain what more you want from them. There is Limbo who literally opens up a new dimension. You got Mag as Magneto. Vauban that creates small vortexes that crush people atom by atom. Man, how much more do you need before you consider it "magic" enough?

I'm aware. That doesn't explain what more you want from them. There is Limbo who literally opens up a new dimension. You got Mag as Magneto. Vauban that creates small vortexes that crush people atom by atom. Man, how much more do you need before you consider it "magic" enough?

stock-illustration-23289589-unicorn-poop

That much.

Would just like to apologize on my behalf of poor explaining. There is magic in the game. Frames being able to shoot elements, having the ability to go invisible and able to raise the dead. But these are very small parts of what magic is or the amazing things they could incorporate into this game. Anywho here are some links to help you better understand what i mean. And once again i apologize on the bad explanation. Have a nice day :D

Witchcraft - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft )

Magic - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic ) Just select paranormal

Blood Magic - ( http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Magic )

No frame really can cast a spell on anything or make a hex (Curse) of some sort.

Edited by williamsos10

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke

We have guns and Warframes that shoot lightning, fire, ice.  We have Warframes can mind control people, telekinetically throw them around, slow time, and alternate dimensions, we even have one that can raise the dead.

Edited by Gelkor

stock-illustration-23289589-unicorn-poop

That much.

You ask too much... Far too much...

Would just like to apologize on my behalf of poor explaining. There is magic in the game. Frames being able to shoot elements, having the ability to go invisible and able to raise the dead. But these are very small parts of what magic is or the amazing things they could incorporate into this game. Anywho here are some links to help you better understand what i mean. And once again i apologize on the bad explanation. Have a nice day :D

Witchcraft - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft )

Magic - ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic ) Just select paranormal

Blood Magic - ( http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Magic )

No frame really can cast a spell on anything or make a hex (Curse) of some sort.

So you're just searching for a Warframe that uses items to... well, you want Voodoo-Hoodoo magic. I could see something like that since the person can control void energies he/she could maybe form a bond with certain objects that cause different effects depending on which item he/she has, It's totally possible. Blood magic part... It's reasonable to assume that somewhere there is a Warframe that dealt with Blood Magic. After all every Warframe was unique to the person during the Old War. Feasibly there could be millions of Warframes each having their own powers and abilities.

One thing you gotta know is that Witchcraft is more religious related, honestly, I don't see any mention of a God/Gods in Warframe and don't really care to.

However, you gotta see it from a game play stand point. Would that be fun?

You ask too much... Far too much...

So you're just searching for a Warframe that uses items to... well, you want Voodoo-Hoodoo magic. I could see something like that since the person can control void energies he/she could maybe form a bond with certain objects that cause different effects depending on which item he/she has, It's totally possible. Blood magic part... It's reasonable to assume that somewhere there is a Warframe that dealt with Blood Magic. After all every Warframe was unique to the person during the Old War. Feasibly there could be millions of Warframes each having their own powers and abilities.

One thing you gotta know is that Witchcraft is more religious related, honestly, I don't see any mention of a God/Gods in Warframe and don't really care to.

However, you gotta see it from a game play stand point. Would that be fun?

Your kind right, But imagine what the devs could do with a blood magic frame. Im sure that if they were designing it then it would be very fun

Your kind right, But imagine what the devs could do with a blood magic frame. Im sure that if they were designing it then it would be very fun

I'm sure they could come up with some neat stuff for it. I have faith in [DE] to make good things. Haven't failed yet have they?