Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Items Will Be Cash Shop Only?

Spindle99

Just shut your hole. All I can really say on this matter. Bunch of conspiracies and assumptions, and you are being shot down by pretty much everyone who replies. And why are you talking about cosmetics and prime parts like they're the same thing?

A non-pay to win system works and has worked for many games. Look at DOTA 2 want a good example. It offers cosmetics and makes enough money for Valve to continue to develop it, does it not?

Anybody that has played any f2p game before can see where this is going and if you spout "it's just a conspiracy theory" and brush it off then when they announce this in 6 months (and at the point it's too late to argue about it) and you will be outraged just remember people saw it coming but you were too blind to notice the writing on the wall.  I'll be sure to post the names of the people that said it will never happen when it does happen.

The thing of it all is that even IF you are correct there is absolutely nothing we can do about it anyway. And other than that pwe or Whoever it was got less than 50 percent of the shares in the company and those shares they got were non voting stock anyway so even if they were to try and order DE to do what you are stating DE can just laugh at them and tell em to take a long walk off a short pier. And DE wouldn't do something like what you are suggesting to do so would be the end of ANY sizable player-base they have so it wouldn't be worth it

Edited by evafan002

1. You cannot buy primes in the cash shop- unless it is in prime access which is limited time. 2. All new primes are added to drop tables so you can get it for free. 3. All primes that move to the prime vault will come back at some point or another (dev confirmed). 4. PWE has no control over what happens in Warframe (except for possibly the china-specific version). 5. IF hypothetically DE were to make primes cash shop buyable, they would not leave the able to be traded like they have. There are so many floating around, thousands of copies on many accounts.

6. This is a crackpot theory. DE WILL NOT DO THIS. It makes no business sense to make a move that will very obviously cost you 80% of your playerbase to make the remaining 20% POSSIBLY cough up some coin to be a special snowflake in a dead game.

Again they are in charge of Chinese Warframe... Has absolutely nothing to do with Warframe over here, it's gonna be run on separate servers for $&@#% sake. That being said they can have whatever systems they want for the Chinese market, it's a completely separate client, runs separate versions, on separate Chinese servers, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Z3GR4M

Primes are not cosmetic. You're using the wrong items for argument.

Now if you would say, armor pieces, collor palletes, helmets, syandanas, sure, i would agree on those.

Prime parts/gear/frames is as much cosmetic as a normal farmed Excalibur. They're not.

Edit extra info

Any of you know Lineage 2?

NCsoft Korea Game, but in North America the "owner" is NCsoft West.

Same S#&$, but different. They "own" the game but can't do S#&$ without NCsoft Korea permission.

YET, in Europe, Lineage 2 is administrated by Innova, who bought the right to distribute, and, therefore can do any "personal" change whitout the permission of NCsoft Korea.

My point is, despite PW/PWE or whatever what, and whatever deal they have with Warframe, DE will still have the last vote on what, how, when and why they would do.

Edited by Endrance

Here we go again.... sheesh can't these forums go 10 minutes without someone busting out the conspiracy theory's?

The lotus is actually a DUCK!

I've seen it!

The moon rocks told me so!

I have a spell that shows her true form!

A cave rat taught it to me!

Nope, that's not what DE said. It is because of the incoming changes to the void. For more information, please watch Devstream 49. Unless they are lying, which I do not think so.

But why should we actually go with what DE SAID when we can speculate and make people rant?

That is much more fun that regurgitating the actual FACTS.

Ok... again...

The Void is NOT going AWAY. it will NOT be as EASY to get into, but it will not be going away. The idea is to REDUCE the amount of farming needed.

But hey, what do I know? I must be a whiteknight since I actually LISTEN to what they say and READ what they post. I am stupid for doing that instead of ranting without bothering to find any real information. Baseless speculation is ALWAYS far more accurate and valuable than verified information from the game developers themselves.

PERFECT WORLD.

IT'S PW NOT PWE.

One is a good publisher that cares, the other is scum.

'You can lead a fool to knowledge but you cannot make him think.' -attributed to Winston Churchill

tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

also

"A subsidiary of Perfect World Beijing, Perfect World Entertainment is a leader in publishing and operating massively multiplayer online games. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Foster City, Calif., Perfect World Entertainment is bringing the pinnacle of online gaming to North American and international audiences."

"A subsidiary, subsidiary company, or daughter company,[1] is a company that is owned or controlled by another company."

PW owns PWE.

Edited by Spindle99

I have never seen a f2p game that gave away cosmetics as this game does with prime parts, perfect world were like...wtf are you doing DE, you are letting players bypass the cash shop items, are you crazy? So the command was issued, phase them out of the game, but dont tell them why because it will cause an outrage.

Since DE refuses to say why it was done i think it is pretty obvious, all prime parts will be made cash shop only items that are tradeable. This will be vault and all prime items will go into it. Eventually any new prime will be cash shop only, but tradeable. Which will be fine with most players, since trade is part of the game right?

The only way to get latron prime and frost prime in the future will be from cash shop sales, the same will probably soon apply to mag prime and braton prime.

This will be the first intervention by PWE and it will see a massive increase in profits.

haist..... you can't accept to your heart that WARFRAME is no way near P2W.....

we can say WARFRAME is "Pay for Extra Convenience" to rush things, buy slots, buy colors,cosmetics, buy things straight up, etc.... and Still! if you cant buy it by spending cash, you can still get it throughout playing the game.

Accept it, and you will be at peace (^_~)

Edited by Rayzenfloss

I have never seen a f2p game that gave away cosmetics as this game does with prime parts, perfect world were like...wtf are you doing DE, you are letting players bypass the cash shop items, are you crazy? So the command was issued, phase them out of the game, but dont tell them why because it will cause an outrage.

Since DE refuses to say why it was done i think it is pretty obvious, all prime parts will be made cash shop only items that are tradeable. This will be vault and all prime items will go into it. Eventually any new prime will be cash shop only, but tradeable. Which will be fine with most players, since trade is part of the game right?

First of all, DE declined to have any association with PWE once so ever so PWE is in no way related to DE.

Second of all they announced (just in the devstream overview for #50) they said they removed frost prime and its weapons to make room in the void for the new items, so the drop tables aren't as clustered.

Thirdly, they aren't removing the void completely. they have STATED that it will be removed for lore purposes but will still be available to play in planet nodes. They have stated this mutliple times to death. 

They (i bet) will reintroduce frost prime and his weapons once they figure out a good way to re-organize the drop tables more evenly.

Please go around and read stuff before you make such ludicrous assumptions.

There's tons of us.

It's almost impossible to post on a forum about Fallout or Elder Scrolls and not get 10 or more people who get the refrence/ is a giant fan of the series.

Hell, Skyrim is STILL one of the most played game on Steam.

Edited by Ziegrif

So you mean China get Warframe right?

No, he means that a parent company that has little or nothing to do with a subsidiary company MUST be having a grand plot to take over the world. it must.

Because if it doesn't... if it is actually a completely different business with completely different practices, completely different staff and completely different mindsets, then it negates his entire argument and we CANNOT HAVE THAT.

Edited by Kalenath

It's almost impossible to post on a forum about Fallout or Elder Scrolls and not get 10 or more people who get the refrence/ is a giant fan of the series.

Hell, Skyrim is STILL one of the most played game on Steam.

That's less to do with the game and more to do with the modding community. Look at Mount and Blade for example.

No, he means that a parent company that has little or nothing to do with a subsidiary company MUST be having a grand plot to take over the world. it must.

Because if it doesn't... if it is actually a completely different business with completely different practices, completely different staff and completely different mindsets, then it negates his entire argument and we CANNOT HAVE THAT.

I was trying to de-rail the thread because this is all pointless.

But good to know none the less.