(PSN)thehoocodfather

Question

13 answers to this question

So when I ;

1) Head to the furthest bottle

2) kill what comes until the air level drops to around 50 / 60 % then pop it

3) find the next furthest bottle from the extraction point

then 

4) when I head back to extraction, I pop the furthest ones first and then the nearest ones to the extraction point as I approach extraction

I am actually doing it wrong ? 

No, it really comes down to play style and what the squad you are with wants to do. If that is how you like to play it you are all good ^^ maybe just wait till 40% to pop ls if you play with others though in case they pop one at the same time.

I often read about people talking about 

1) Tunnel Camping

2) Hallway Heroes

I have no idea what either of those are.

Can anyone define them ?

And how, where, why do you Tunnel Camping ?

both are pretty much the same. Because of how spawns are.

Heros find a choke point like a hallway where all the spawns come from in a defense, and murder them there.

It sucks because its usually far enough away from the objective, people actually defending it dont get the XP.

Its cool because its easy to rack up tons of kills and drops.

Camping in a survival, you find a defensible dead-end room, and lets spawns come to you and you never move.

It sucks because its boring.

Its cool because you can actually survive massive lvl enemies easily because you have to farm forever for the right part.

Edited by Firetempest

Hallway heroes I think are those that run up and down hallways killing everything.....and/or camping at one end with a bunch of people focusing on the masses coming down the hall.

Tunnel Camping is when you find a Culvert Pipe that leads to a tunnel in the void and camp at a closed end killing anything that enters the culvert preferrably before it enters the pipe.

This is a survival tactic.

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

Tunnel Camping is where folks usually take a certain area of a tileset, Namely one of the water-way tunnels in the Void, to funnel enemies to them so they only need to focus on fire from one direction.

Hallway Heroes are where a person decides to take a section of the map, often in survival missions, in a manner that could be like 'I've got the left, you get the right.' However, this often leads to them being far away from the group and in need of a revival as they do not have the support of the rest of the team. It also prevents the rest of the team not being able to gain the ambient XP from their kills.

Edited by Terumitsu

I often read about people talking about 

1) Tunnel Camping

2) Hallway Heroes

I have no idea what either of those are.

Can anyone define them ?

And how, where, why do you Tunnel Camping ?

1) Tunnel Camping

Find a tunnel that the mobs have to come through and stay there with one or more of your teammates.  Doing this makes killing mobs easier due to controlling where they come at you from as well as limiting the direction of incoming fire.  And potentially limiting the number of mobs coming at you, depending on the size of the hallway.

EDIT:  This tactic also makes the mods/resources drop in a central location.

2) Hallway Hero

A player that commonly abandons their teammates to find a hallway and apply the tunnel camping tactics.  The reason this is discouraged and disliked is due to most suitable hallways are located outside of the shared experience range as well as puts valuables out of the way for others, making it impossible for them to pick up rare mods/resources.

EDIT: Hallway Hero'ing is also discouraged due to one or more teammates doing this and leaving the defense object unprotected.  It also makes it harder to be revived if the H.H. gets in too far over their heads and goes down, the rest of the team can't or wont be able to get to them in time to give assistance. 

Edited by Noamuth

So when I ;

then 

4) when I head back to extraction, I pop the furthest ones first and then the nearest ones to the extraction point as I approach extraction

So when I ;

then 

Nope.

I'd wait until 40-30% on the air bottles just in case one of my teammates hits one at the same time though.  That way you're topping at 90-100% LS instead of losing 20-30% if you and a teammate pop at 50-60%

This game means mostly this there is no need too much skill only use the repetitive tactics because of low variety of mobs and weak AI. If you looking for skill based games maybe not the warframe will be your choice.

I have other definitions .

Chat barbarians - they are whom cannot speak or speak their native language only "russians often".

Tube Assasins - those guys like to camp in tubes and pipes /mostly in earth/ and killing every infested whom ambushing the tubes.

Runners - whom for fast rewards run through the map and doesn't loot or searching any loot.

Looters - whom opening every lockers and destroy every chest.

PVP monkeys - those whom live in conclave and trolling others with their rushing tactics.

Fast hands - everyone almost whom can push fast the attack button and spam the melee.

Glitchers - those peoples whom hunting for glitches or testing the tilesets for bugs only for their pleasure.

Now this all I think.

Edited by Sziklamester

Alright tunnel camping is pretty well defined by the people above me.  It specifically refers to the water tunnels in void survival that have only one very tight entrance making them easy to defend yourself in.

Hallway Heroing- Leaving the group in defense/mobile defense to kill a whole bunch of enemies too far away from your team mates for them to get affinity.  This only applies in survival when the entire team has agreed to hold an area.  However, if a group is holding an area, but you didn't agree to join them do not expect them to come revive you.  Doing this also leaves the defense objective more vulnerable and some people will intentionally let the mission fail if you do it, and you will fail the mission if everyone hallway heroes. To me it is one of the worst sins you can commit against your team in warframe.

The number of hallway heroes drastically decreases on certain maps at higher levels; specifically Kiste, Ceres; because doing it is suicidal.  In survivals, the longer you go, the more likely the team is to group up, even if you've been all over the place.  'Cause you know, sometimes it's nice to have a revive buddy.

TL; DR Don't be a hallway hero.

Edit: added TL; DR

Edited by Lorthos_Mornin

1. Tunnel Camping - Survival Missions.

If you have seen how the spartans were able to kill tons of Persians despite just being 300, thats almost the same concept. (No not the shield)

2. Hallway Heroes - Mobile Defense and maybe Defense.

They are of course the A-holes of this game.

Prefers not to Solo but joins a pub game to hog kill enemies. They are usually out of exp share range and leaves the rest of the squad to guard the pod with nothing to do but wait for the timer to end.

Simply go to Sedna, Kappa and you'll know what I mean.