Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Behold, The Worst Lets Player Of All Time

TheErebus.

Oh my god... He is the worst lets player ever I mean... Who dies at the quicksand in MGS 3? How can he not put on a suppressor and finally why does he waste his time hiding in Caution Mode?

Worst of all he uses a camera.

I hate him.

His Dark souls playthrough literally made me angry.

If you hate him why still helping him getting attention? theres no bad publicity D:   i suggest ignoring the S#&$ out of him

Giving him attention via his How to not play videos --> Let's people hate him moar --> more hate means he's tortured even more = Profit.

It's DSP Gaming.

Admittedly I've seen him before 

a very good instance where in specimen 'Phil' rapidly succumbs to the dunning kruger effect and at a point reaches an imbalance between skill and ego and promptly uses projection blaming and finds fault in "lag" and other "bad" to justify lack of skill, often relying on a follow up laugh to mock said bad player for their lack in skill

Not implying I hate this person, one mustn't hate people with psychological issues. I would however like to observe as to what becomes of him in the passage of time.

If you hate him why still helping him getting attention? theres no bad publicity D:   i suggest ignoring the S#&$ out of him

this could be a valid outcome, although i'd like for him to stay in the radar so as to see what becomes of him.

I only know of a few LPers, TheRADBrad, tetraninja for example. This guy... makes tetraninja's goof-ups seem minor.

My thoughts exactly. I cringe badly when tetraninja misses something so incredibly obvious, but this, THIS is in a league of it's own.

<Finds a few overly long videos of video games titled This Is How You Don't Play X. Everyone complains that the guy doesn't know what he's doing.>

06195_2.gif

He doesn't know what he's doing. Almost every single playthrough of a game he's done has him questioning his choices or what the game is trying to achieve, and if it takes a small bit of brain power to get the answer, he gives up and says "the game doesn't explain anything".

I just started watching the fallout vid and even though I have let to even get past the intro ive gotta say... HOLY CRAP! how did victor even dig you out of your grave let alone alive with his toy grabber machine hands.

he works so slow you should be dead of suffocation alone by the time he digs you out!

Oh look, more DSP stuff. One of my greatest shames is that i used to watch his crap, admittedly this was before i found other, better Let's Players.

I still remember during the ending to a certain game, he mistook a character offering oxygen to a drowning character as DROWNING that character on purpose, all the cringe.

He can't admit to using walkthroughs to get past obstacles, he skips instructions, he has an obnoxious fake laugh "U HU HU HU HU HU OH MI GAAAAWD" that he uses all the time... Oh, and turns out he is also a greedy, lying bastard. Including lying about getting traffic tickets, saying that using Adblocker is "stealing" from him, and he refuses to wear his prescription glasses while DRIVING. He's a danger to everyone, should be locked up.

No, it's not Pewdiepie. No it's not Markiplier.

It's DSP Gaming.

Why is he so bad?

He skips tutorials and blames the game for never explaining anything to him

He constantly checks twitch chat for what to do instead of finding out on his own

He is sexist

He never fully checks the controls (like if one button was assigned to L1, it'll take him 21 parts to realize what to do)

He never checks item descriptions (when applicable) and therefore will never understand what these items do

*warning bad language ahead*

WARNING: YOU WILL FACEPALM.

This is why i usually don't frequent forums in games. it's full of people like this guy, *@##&#036;ing about things. (the subject of the post, not the OP) It just never makes any sense to me. 

wat

and
do a good job voicing my opinion on the matter.

Basically they feed off the broken system that is youtube. This allows people like Markiplier - who puts zero effort into his videos - to make a living off of youtubing, while people like Jontron - who spends a lot of time writing/editing videos - have to beg for money at the end of each video.

and
do a good job voicing my opinion on the matter.

Basically they feed off the broken system that is youtube. This allows people like Markiplier - who puts zero effort into his videos - to make a living off of youtubing, while people like Jontron - who spends a lot of time writing/editing videos - have to beg for money at the end of each video.

seems too intellectual for me

I'll go in blind with the small bits I myself know

First I wanted to see if you were going to make the distinction with that "Let's Play" (in your previous post) to Let's Play because with the small I can interpret you seem to refer to those guys who sort of make their own notoriety with their channels (on a side note... not only let's play)

If you were basically talking about that, I agree though cancer is a bit strong(?) but well..

Now for me, Let's Play, not "Let's Play"(which is above) is more a general voluntary practice, what I mean is that in some obscure part of youtube, you occasionnaly get some randoms doing their own let's play, which in my opinion seems nothing notably wrong.

I'm not giving too much thought on it so it's hard to explain, but it seems somewhat more pure, and basically they aren't the type of people begging for anything, mostly it's someone who like some game and decide for fun/to share his experience or someone who is part of a community where they do those.

So yeah for those one I personally wouldn't say Let's Play are bad

Bah, I'll look at your videos later.

May I just ask does anyone make effort on YouTube anymore?

Yeah I specifically mentioned Jontron in my post. VaatiVidya does too, he's currently my favourite youtuber.

As I said though, the monetization system in youtube rewards quantity over quality, so those it actively works against people who want to make quality videos, tragically. It's no wonder they're few and far between, but I really respect those that make an attempt to deliver something that is refined and worth watching. Raw, impromptu videos like "let's play" are the bottom of the barrel imo.

Edited by AM-Bunny