Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobility: How Important Is It To You?

PookieNumnums

That are usseles movements in tile sets, u never are going to see a player doing it, its more easy a powerfull rocketlauncher slide and cover a half of map.

These are in fact not useless

Don't let the lack of creativity of the playerbase convince you everyone plays the same

Also copter is more about fun and style and traversing the map where and how I want than it is about covering distance or going fast.

I main nova so if I need distance I have chain wormholes

Running around on guided paths like everyone else bores me

Edited by T4LCOMX

Coptering has long been used to make Warframes who cannot otherwise avoid enemy fire easily (or move very fast) do just that, pretty much a Zyphre whenever you get a Orthos Prime in your hand. However this machanic is also very broken from my standpoint, it was never intended for Warframes such as Frost to be just as nimbal and mobile as a Nova or a Valkyre for that matter.

On another hand its something also thats embedded into our Warframe history whether that be for the bad or godd is up to the developers but I have high hopes for Parkor 2.0 allowing us more freedom of movment while not making it "Cheap" per say if you use the right melee weapon that will take you into the sunset.

To me frames that are stronger should be slower and thus more durable but slower and coptering destorys this balance of speed, in another note I'm torn because I use this method myself when times get tuff and your a Nova Prime looking to avoid damage as much as possible. Who knows, I just hope if they ever take coptering away that Parkor 2.0 will be just as good if not better and fair depending on what frame you use at the same time.

Only time will tell....

Coptering is a degenerative exploit that screwed up the gameplay from the moment it was discovered. Oh coptering, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways:

1.Maps weren't and aren't designed around it. It makes basically any content optional as you can fly past enemies you don't want to fight and skip map segments that should require some basic measure of skill to get through.

2.It makes almost all mobility powers and elements of the parkour system the maps WERE designed for pointless to use in comparison.

3.It does all this without requiring any real practice or skill. You point in a direction and press the same rote sequence of buttons every time. It also deincentivises people from actually getting good at the system that actual thought and effort was spent developing and integrating into the game, because why bother when it's less practical?

4.It looks pants-on-head mentally disabled(the non-PC alternative is censored). Movement of a skilled player should have a beauty and flow to it, like a practitioner of parkour in real life does. There's no way to make someone shooting off horizontally 500 ft. while twirling around look cool or good or like it ever belonged in the game in the first place (because it wasn't intended to).

I'm hoping that when they revamp the movement system and make it more diverse, fun and rewarding to use people will realize actually playing and getting good at the game is more enjoyable than flying around like a superhero with severe ADHD.

Edited by Sealgaire

These are in fact not useless

Don't let the lack of creativity of the playerbase convince you everyone plays the same

Also copter is more about fun and style and traversing the map where and how I want than it is about covering distance or going fast.

I main nova so if I need distance I have chain wormholes

Running around on guided paths like everyone else bores me

In my personal point of view, 75% of matches I have played always ALWAYS there are people just rolfcopter on maps without penalty, its more easy to do directional melee than press a couple of buttons to make a different movements.

Coptering is a degenerative exploit that screwed up the gameplay from the moment it was discovered. Oh coptering, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways:

1.Maps weren't and aren't designed around it. It makes basically any content optional as you can fly past enemies you don't want to fight and skip map segments that should require some basic measure of skill to get through.

2.It makes almost all mobility powers and elements of the parkour system the maps WERE designed for pointless to use in comparison.

3.It does all this without requiring any real practice or skill. You point in a direction and press the same rote sequence of buttons every time. It also deincentivises people from actually getting good at the system that actual thought and effort was spent developing and integrating into the game, because why bother when it's less practical?

4.It looks pants-on-head mentally disabled(the non-PC alternative is censored). Movement of a skilled player should have a beauty and flow to it, like a practitioner of parkour in real life does. There's no way to make someone shooting off horizontally 500 ft. while twirling around look cool or good or like it ever belonged in the game in the first place (because it wasn't intended to).

I'm hoping that when they revamp the movement system and make it more diverse, fun and rewarding to use people will realize actually playing and getting good at the game is more enjoyable than flying around like a superhero with severe ADHD.

all of this is a personal opinion, and a caustic one at that. I will never understand how some of ya'll operate.

The general freedom of movement and speed of Warframe is, more-or-less, the thing that separates it from a bland third-person shooter that lacks a cover system. It's also, mostly, the thing that sets it apart from your average "press the buttons in this order for an hour to win" MMO schlock-fest. Overall, aesthetics aside, Warframe isn't far off of being either and most of what I've heard of the raid suggests that DE is pushing towards the latter, at least in the short term, your exerperice may vary, though.

all of this is a personal opinion, and a caustic one at that. I will never understand how some of ya'll operate.

The fact that the maps and a bunch of gameplay elements weren't designed for it is hard to argue against, unless you have reason to believe otherwise. A lot of the rest is obviously opinion, sure. Would you mind letting me know what you disagree with and why? If you didn't want to have a discussion about it and just wanted to let me know my opinions are bad, that's cool too, brah.

Edited by Sealgaire

You could take out coptering, parkour, directional melee, and sprinting. I'll still run past everything that can't kill me and that I have no incentive to kill. And people will still complain about it.

People like going fast. Give them speed missions. People like going slow, give them slogging and stealth missions. Who the hell is anybody to tell anybody what to enjoy. A good designer will provide a variety to engage everybody.

As for mobility, it's key to not dying to decent leveled enemies. You can actually dodge Grineer bullets with current maneuvers, better tone down enemy hitscan if you want to make everybody slower. Especially for squishy frames.

Or make slower maneuvers actually increase survivability.

Edited by Pentastic

I want to see more about this

Less this.

Yes both are 2 old videos, but nothing has change (Just reduction about the momentum on parkour)

I cant believe people can still defend coptering.

There even is a retard who call we are cancer to warframe because we want coptering nerfed.

How can ANYONE take this game seriously, after they see how idiotic this way of traveling looks in that video

There even is a retard who call we are cancer to warframe because we want coptering nerfed.

How can ANYONE take this game seriously, after they see how idiotic this way of traveling looks in that video

for some people it is fun...

Edited by Grimlock-

The fact that the maps and a bunch of gameplay elements weren't designed for it is hard to argue against, unless you have reason to believe otherwise. A lot of the rest is obviously opinion, sure. Would you mind letting me know what you disagree with and why? If you didn't want to have a discussion about it and just wanted to let me know my opinions are bad, that's cool too, brah.

no i'm not here to say your oinions are bad. thats not my place to judge. What i AM saying, is that although yes, you are correct in that wall fling, coptering, and catapult flips are movement bugs, the only thing they seem to hurt is people's pride. I agree with you that yes, they are bugs. But they are bugs that anyone is capable of, which in essence makes them fair across the board.

However, what I am tired of seeing is this inane "i'm not a fan of it so you can't have it" attitude that plagues both the forums and the chat channels.

I cannot begin to count the "i hope this gets changed just to make those who love it cry" posts i've seen in my time here. It's a childish and selfish view that makes no sense. I'll even give an example of just how silly it is. see below. I'm not saying you reflect this view in it's entirety, but your post did start of with, i hate this, here's why, so get rid of it. and you must be stupid for not agreeing with me.

...you take games seriously? Methinks you might be missing the entire point of a game in the first place

Edited by ObviousLee

Very important. Fast coptering can make or break a survival game of mine, especially when I'm playing with friends, get too carried away with talking, and lose too much life support.

Also, I'm that nut who just has to save everybody who goes down.

no i'm not here to say your oinions are bad. thats not my place to judge. What i AM saying, is that although yes, you are correct in that wall fling, coptering, and catapult flips are movement bugs, the only thing they seem to hurt is people's pride. I agree with you that yes, they are bugs. But they are bugs that anyone is capable of, which in essence makes them fair across the board.

However, what I am tired of seeing is this inane "i'm not a fan of it so you can't have it" attitude that plagues both the forums and the chat channels.

I cannot begin to count the "i hope this gets changed just to make those who love it cry" posts i've seen in my time here. It's a childish and selfish view that makes no sense. I'll even give an example of just how silly it is. see below. I'm not saying you reflect this view in it's entirety, but your post did start of with, i hate this, here's why, so get rid of it. and you must be stupid for not agreeing with me.

...you take games seriously? Methinks you might be missing the entire point of a game in the first place

While I have to agree for the most part you miss a valid point

How many millions of dollars are spent on football soccer basketball and baseball

Sports are games and look how much goes into the Olympics . There is no difference to me in a sports fan an athlete and a gamer . All of us are wasting time and energy on something so useless as recreational activity .

To say gaming isn't a sport is ridiculous .. look how many thousands of people are watching twitch at any given moment.

To take a recreational activity so serious can't be healthy yet it happens. When you take it so serious that you let the way others play affect you is when imo you need to stop or get help

It does when you see the amount of work going into all the other animations and mechanics outdone by 1 kept bug

How is it out done if it doesn't serve the same purpose

Nothing I've seen is a sufficient replacement .

As long as can I can chain long distance wall runs across large gaps then I'm cool

Copter was coded in so it's no longer a bug.. fling on the other hand .

I do really enjoy the fast pace gaming I can achieve with copter and fling

Edited by T4LCOMX

Put 2 lokis or ash, your choice, One for example with Tipedo, or another "coptering" weapon.
Another one with Scindo, because a melee, made for kill, the loki with Scindo its really Slow.
The meta for DE its balance that lack of movement, so I really hope, they make coptering based on warframe speed and not from your melee, what you show out there its directional melee, and coptering with volt and his skill, in another of your videos, just connecting walls most of them with Directional melee, now, if u try to do most of that movements with parkour, u cant, so thats why DE its making a balance on both things.
"Rush" its another problem, not coming from coptering parkour or something more, the mobility in warframe ever was fun, but sadly coptering never was called "coptering" for DE just for community, so they see a part of community like it, and they just let it in the game, it never was touched, worked in, NEVER was a work to make his animation equall or "custom", because that bug, its based on your melee, not in your warframe, making unnecesary the Stamina mods and speed, to make "coptering" fast, just put a fury mod on melee and enjoy.
So now DE are working on coptering, now its coming a balance with it and parkour 2.0, hopefully as i say, based on warframe speed, and not in your melee.

I like it when mobility is DYNAMIC, not just shooting you in one flat plane across the map in a more or less uncontrollable burst that makes you hit walls. That's linear and I've been tired of seeing it after the initial novelty in my first week of playing nearly two years ago.

Rocket jumping and free form parkour are dynamic, using a bounce pad to vault over a crowd of enemies to aim an Ogris rocket into the center to take them all out is dynamic and what makes our mobility in this game gratifying in my opinion.

This is the kind of mobility I like to see, not just glorified teleporting that speeds you away from your squad. 

Coptering doesn't have any effect on my pride. I can't imagine how it could. Also, my argument was very far from "i'm not a fan of it so you can't have it", it was more along the lines of "I believe this is detrimental to the function and aesthetics of the game and impedes further development of the movement system and here's why." It's just feedback, not a demand for anything. An exploit anyone can utilize doesn't make it balanced or good for gameplay. What if it was discovered that a certain weapon could outdamage all others by 1000% with an exploit? Everyone could utilize it, and many would have fun with it, but I doubt anyone could seriously argue it was good for the game. Coptering basically does the same, but with movement instead of gunplay.

Also, regarding: "your post did start of with, i hate this, here's why, so get rid of it. and you must be stupid for not agreeing with me." Nowhere in my post did I ever suggest anyone was stupid for not agreeing with me. That's not how I operate. My post was worded a little strongly, but that was mostly just some fun hyperbole. I mean I repurposed a Shakespeare quote for god's sake...

the way the maps are set-up now coptering and mobility are a huge deal to me.

i mean really, if i have to run 10 miles to get to the objective, then 15 more miles to the exit point, i want to be able to get moving. otherwise some of these missions will take like 20 minutes of just running from point a to point b to point c. 

games are supposed to be fun.  games are not supposed to be frustrating, aggravating, or boring. 

Edited by Suthurn

also people who complain about things such as aesthetics or realism have such poor logic.

its OK that 1 frame can move nearly 50% faster than another, just because DE says so, or that the game completely ignores things like physics on a regular basis....  but hey, if a ninja can fly with a good melee weapon "anyone" can use, then that is all of a sudden game-breaking.

give me a break, lol.