Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't The Corpus Have More Robots Than Humans?

Goosmo

I remember seeing a thread like this about a year ago. Rebecca replied to that thread (i don't remember what was stated, but i think it was something about that they would do it.) but nothing has happened ever since. 

It feels like fighting reskinned grineer. They have the excact same tactics. But just imagine seeing a crewman running over to a moa and repairing it. The amount of crewmen spawning, makes you wonder if they have cloning tubes of their own.

Corpus are merchants, not soldiers. They don't even look like soldiers, but more "engineer-ish" That's atleast what i think. 

I agree entirely, the only problem I can see from this is that the Sentients will obviously be a pure machine faction. So I can see DE wanting to keep a strong humanoid presence in the Corpus, but.. still... OP's right, they're not solders, nor are they clones. Machines can be mass produced, so it would make sense that easily 2/3rds of their forces are mechanized.

+1

Agree +1

A lot more robots and few technicians and "officers" to oversee them.

And if that could happen I hope for :

tbhzfdynk8cebcehxbqe.jpg

rather than :

OOM_Battle_Droids.png

Corpuss robotics feels fluffy and plushie. Something more thrilling would be neat :)

the last lore update (scanning the moa) indicates that the "corpus" was something like a trading guild (of the orokin?) or something like that and that the main character "invented" the first moa on a smuggling route where he had to see how the grineer ambushed his friends ships

i think the corpus are more like a "humankind" guild which enhanced their lifespan by robotics and using robots as their support

Corpus live incredibly long lifespans, likely in multiple hundreds, possibly even thousand. (Darvo is a "child" and is "only" 105 years old). There is no evidence that their longevity has decreased their procreation rates.  Therefore: Corpus population is ginormous and unwieldy, more kids are born all the time but the old never die off, so life is relatively cheap.  We're population control.

Corpus live incredibly long lifespans, likely in multiple hundreds, possibly even thousand. (Darvo is a "child" and is "only" 105 years old). There is no evidence that their longevity has decreased their procreation rates.  Therefore: Corpus population is ginormous and unwieldy, more kids are born all the time but the old never die off, so life is relatively cheap.  We're population control.

I have to wonder if that level of healthcare is universal in the Corpus, or if Frohd paid through the nose for his family plan

if you like your clem you can keep your clem

Not sure what you're getting at here, since I was being sincere. The Lotus and that stupid Teshin dork (I'd use more vulgar language if I could on this forum) are also hundreds of years old, so it raises the question: does every non-Grineer human live forever now? Or just the wealthy ones? If the former, I refer you to my earlier comment -- Robots are expensive, while slaves that live forever are just as free as Grineer

Infested: 100% organic

Grineer: 25% machine, 75% organic

Corpus: 50% machine, 50% organic

Sentient: 75%-100% machine?

That's how I see the balance. If you want a machine-heavy faction, that's probably going to be the Sentient.

Infested: 100% organic

Grineer: 25% machine, 75% organic

Corpus: 50% machine, 50% organic

Sentient: 75%-100% machine?

That's how I see the balance. If you want a machine-heavy faction, that's probably going to be the Sentient.

I don't see a problem with corpus being 75% machine like sentient. Besides, orokin is 50% machine and organic too, but i am aware that it might change if corpus change.

I think the Corpus mostly do use robotics. 

Recall that in Vor's Prize it's mentioned that the Corpus are rarely seen by others and almost never venture out of their bases, letting proxies do all the work. We pretty much exclusively attack them in their bases, where all of their human units would be gathered.