Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Regeneration In Afk Mode. Annoying.

Ivander.od

Dear Developers!

I would like to know about the new AFK mode and energy regeneration problems.

AFK mode is changed and looks bugged - is it a bug or a new mechanics? I need clarification on how it works now. I would like to have fun playing the game, rather than feel frustration. I think that it's a main goal for any developer to make gamers happy and content, but this unbalanced mechanics keeps me and many of others frustrated.

What are we talking about? While using abilities and not moving my energy stops regenerating. Seemingly, game assumes that I'm AFK when I'm actually in the midst of a major battle. Is it possible to change the mechanics or completely disable it? At least when abilities are used?

I've already written to Support on this issue.
I was told that I would be notified and that was the end of the story.

The probability of having in your squad a cheating AFK player and all measures from the devs' side to prevent such occasions - is it worth having gameplay ruined by this new AFK mode? When you fail because of game mechanics - it's still a failure, and undeserved one!

PS: I Ask players to write whatever they think on this issue in the comments.

AFK mode was never needed. Pretty sure in a PvE game, since we're not directly competing with other players for rewards, the system should never have been added.

You do not put improper band-aid fixes into the game to 'fix' a symptom of the problem. You create a solution that addresses and fixes the ACTUAL problem.

AFK system needs to be removed in its entirety.

Given that AFK only activates after like 2 minutes of not moving, it seems silly for DE to make it so you can stay in a power that long and keep going. Just stop your mesa bullets or nyx shield for a bit and run around. Its not that huge of an issue.

Dear Developers!

I would like to know about the new AFK mode and energy regeneration problems.

AFK mode is changed and looks bugged - is it a bug or a new mechanics? I need clarification on how it works now. I would like to have fun playing the game, rather than feel frustration. I think that it's a main goal for any developer to make gamers happy and content, but this unbalanced mechanics keeps me and many of others frustrated.

What are we talking about? While using abilities and not moving my energy stops regenerating. Seemingly, game assumes that I'm AFK when I'm actually in the midst of a major battle. Is it possible to change the mechanics or completely disable it? At least when abilities are used?

I've already written to Support on this issue.

I was told that I would be notified and that was the end of the story.

The probability of having in your squad a cheating AFK player and all measures from the devs' side to prevent such occasions - is it worth having gameplay ruined by this new AFK mode? When you fail because of game mechanics - it's still a failure, and undeserved one!

PS: I Ask players to write whatever they think on this issue in the comments.

Quick question, which abilities/frames are you talking about, you talk as if you just stopped moving and were casting (and the AFK timer only kicks in after 2 minutes), and should know that certain abilities by default don't allow for energy regeneration while casting.

Edited by Gelkor

As it is created to counter camping, power usage wont do much as you can bind power spam to the macro.

I doubt that those who are engaged in macros, really interfere with such an obstacle. And me as a player interferes with play this point.

PS: From where is the information that this system with energy recovery created to deal with macros?

AFK mode was never needed. Pretty sure in a PvE game, since we're not directly competing with other players for rewards, the system should never have been added.

You do not put improper band-aid fixes into the game to 'fix' a symptom of the problem. You create a solution that addresses and fixes the ACTUAL problem.

AFK system needs to be removed in its entirety.

BS it was needed I and many others got sick of doing all the work with you guys setting in a corner got free xp and rewards for doing nothing " rewards are earned "  not giving for sitting on your &#!'s  If I have to work to get mods, keys, and xp then you should to.

I doubt that those who are engaged in macros, really interfere with such an obstacle. And me as a player interferes with play this point.

PS: From where is the information that this system with energy recovery created to deal with macros?

System was created shortly after Viver fiasco, as counter to the bot farming ( hiding behind AFK timer ).

I hear the afk mode detects macro scripts and auto bans accordingly

Is it 2 minutes?  During the Blackout Tactical Alert afk mode would kick in after 1 minute and disable all melee blocking.

I've been around in mmos since early 2k. There aren't a black or white answers to these questions. Only to watch out for symptoms of where the companies are heading, up or down. Sad to say this, but DE seems to be heading in the wrong direction .

The AFK-mode is only one of many symptoms of how shortsighted some of the DE staff are when facing a possible game mechanic that is all being at fault on their part (read=i.e. 7+ hours in T4S). To "combat" the foul players, always trying to maximize the game experience, DE implement lazy-coding to get rid of this. What they don't realize/care about is that those who are super-maximizing their experience are a handful at most and shouldn't be considered a part of the problem.

Botting for profit are a problem in every mmo, only viable solution as of today to combat that, especially for a f2p mmo, is to make the game go "no currency" . You can only spend real money on cosmetics etc. from a shop in/out of game related t your account, but nothing on gameplay related items, resources etc..

The AFK-mode they have in-game as of today are breaking some of the warframes abilities quite harshly.

Example:

MESA: Peacemaker

you can't move = in a long fight where every little dps counts, you will drop to 0 energy while your team who might need your added firepower even for those 5 seconds you need to drop out, run around to reset afk-timer and to pick up/pop energy?

Banshee: why have a CC as ultimate when you will wipe the very second you drop to 0 energy in a long fight due to you needing 5 seconds to reset timer and pick up/pop energy?

My two scents. Could be more in detail and show more examples. DE needs to stop implement lazy coding and start to seek out the root of the problems and fix those.

Edited by powergriff

OP, if you're not botting with a macro why don't you just move occasionally?

Necessary. Such is the case. I'm say 50+ to defend for Mesa and I have to disable Peacemaker to pick up energy balls or give the opportunity Limbo Rift work on me. The result: the corpses of players or the failure of the mission.

And there are many such examples. Annoying.

You do realize that lately a lot of frames that have continuous abilities turn off energy siphon when in use right? Mesa is one example, banshee is another.

The problem is not in the siphon, in the Rift and balls of energy. I understand, but want to enjoy the game. To ensure that the task of the developers.