Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Thanks For The Increased Ttk

elele

Lex nerf is very good. Other games balance their snipe rifles' dmg by requiring scoped in and giving snipe rifles a sway. Even when in Quake 3, there is no staggering caused by special abilities so you can constantly keep moving to dodge sniper shots. 

Bo P nerf very good. Channeling nerf very good. 

Overall very good. Time to kill has increased. 

With the addition of rocket jump, I can see where PVP is going now.  

Lex nerf is very good. Other games balance their snipe rifles' dmg by requiring scoped in and giving snipe rifles a sway. Even when in Quake 3, there is no staggering caused by special abilities so you can constantly keep moving to dodge sniper shots. 

Bo P nerf very good. Channeling nerf very good. 

Overall very good. Time to kill has increased. 

With the addition of rocket jump, I can see where PVP is going now.  

I hope you do realize once sniper rifles come into the game youre going to be facing the same thing that lex was right? Except a lex version on steroids.

I personally cant wait.

Honestly, I reckon the nerf on Lex's damage was a bad move, now there's no reason to use the Lex when Lex P can 3 body shots anyway but at twice the speed. The Lex might be able to dish out 10 more damage per shot, but situations where those 10 extra damage would do anything comes so rarely, you might as well just use the Lex P.

If the main concern with Lex was the somewhat cheap two body shots to kill, why not just raise the Lex's headshot multiplier to something like 3x and lower the base damage to something where it would be 3 shot to kill to the body, but 1 shot headshot any frames? It's not as easy to aim for the head as people think it is, when players are flying everywhere at an insane speed and the average head of a warframe is quite small.

I hope you do realize once sniper rifles come into the game youre going to be facing the same thing that lex was right? Except a lex version on steroids.

I personally cant wait.

what makes you think snipers, when introduced in the game, would be Lex on steroids? Why would DE not balance them properly? Bows one shot but with massive drawbacks, there is no reason to assume snipers would not be balanced in similar ways.

Lex is still one head shot/2 body shot kill on Excal/Nyx, 2/3 for all other frames.

I'm just asking:

Why does the Lex even exist in pvp, if the Lex p does the same thing, but with the double rate of fire?

Do you really think that someone will trade -50% firerate for +10% dmg?

Edited by Feyangol

I'm just asking:

Why does the Lex even exist in pvp, if the Lex p does the same thing, but with the double rate of fire?

Do you really think that someone will trade -90% firerate for +11% dmg?

Probably because Lex costs only 50k? Same reason Lato is bottom tier and nobody uses it other than MR0 ppl.

because not everyone has access to the lex prime, duh

Probably because Lex costs only 50k? Same reason Lato is bottom tier and nobody uses it other than MR0 ppl.

Mr lock is a bad argument in pvp.

Weapons shouldn't be clearly better than others in my understanding of pvp. Where is the reason to use the Lex ever again, once you get the Lex P? There is no reason, if the stats stay the way they are. I don't care, if the Lex p is a "little bit better than Lex" (just like with the latrons, the bo's etc), but this is just a ridiculous weapon balancing.

Edited by Feyangol

Mr lock is a bad argument in pvp.

Weapons shouldn't be clearly better than others in my understanding of pvp. Where is the reason to use the Lex ever again, once you get the Lex P? There is no reason, if the stats stay the way they are. I don't care, if the Lex p is a "little bit better than Lex" (just like with the latrons, the bo's etc), but this is just a ridiculous weapon balancing.

'Ease of access' is a balancing factor, at least in DE's mind. WF is a farming game after all .

what makes you think snipers, when introduced in the game, would be Lex on steroids? Why would DE not balance them properly? Bows one shot but with massive drawbacks, there is no reason to assume snipers would not be balanced in similar ways.

massive draw backs, lol but also a valid point

Lex is still one head shot/2 body shot kill on Excal/Nyx, 2/3 for all other frames.

Yeah, ok. On a different note aklex is still useless. Can you explain why having two pistol decreases damage instead of accuracy? I'm super curious.

*edited to sound less sarcastic. 

Edited by Moomabo

Just when I was thinking of trying PvP, TTK increases.  No thanks.

you will basically still kill with mag´s pull + any latron or braton, so TTK was not globally reduced, also gram, dash, charge, and ultimates are doing the same damage, so if you are looking for fast ttk, theres a lot of them there

edit: also, charge chroma`s 1 for 3 seconds and anything dies

Edited by rockscl

Because sniper rifles are most definitely going to be 2 body shots.

Lex was 2 body shots and look how many 0.3 kd players gave their feedback on it.

God forbid a weapon is rewarding for a player's ability to aim, right?

God forbid a weapon is rewarding for a player's ability to aim, right?

You see, nobody likes being on the receiving end of a snipe rifle. Nobody. Because you have no chance to fight back. Bam, you're dead before you can do anything. Not very fun. Not very sportsman. 

That is why in old times, when people dueled, they both stood in the open and drew their swords/pistols etc.. They didn't each find a corner and snipe each other.  

Lex was 2 body shots and look how many 0.3 kd players gave their feedback on it.

Lex is super annoying when (1) Frost/Mag spams 1 and follows up with a Lex shot; (2) when you're fighting someone else in a great duel and out of nowhere, a guy shoots you with a Lex in the back. 

Skills yes. But it's not a fun fight. Not for everyone. 

I hope when they put Snipers, they do it in normal aim without Crosshair, so u have to aim and it, its not going to be OP, because u have to be in Sniper Mode, to Snipe.

This. 

Snipers should never be allowed to be spammed like a semi-auto. 

I hope when they put Snipers, they do it in normal aim without Crosshair,  and it, its not going to be OP, because u have to be in Sniper Mode, to Snipe.

Oh you mean like counterstrike? Where you have to scope to have a crosshair? Then given how fast people move in warframe I fully expect sniper rifles to be 1 hit bodyshots.

Oh you mean like counterstrike? Where you have to scope to have a crosshair? Then given how fast people move in warframe I fully expect sniper rifles to be 1 hit bodyshots.

Yes but it its not going to be Speammeable like Semi automatic rifles.

So there its not going to be excuse to say "o men nerf snipers" no, because u have to Snipe to kill.

Edited by Grimlock-