The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Less-Than-Serious Lore Thread - What's Been The Most Ridiculous Theory You've Considered?

Morec0

The most ridiculous I ever read, well there are several that have been about it, but the main thing: Lotus is either a Grineer queen, or a backstabbing hoe like Angel.

Both of which, are ridiculous.

Granted but given how AI/guide characters often act in games it isn't that outlandish to at least entertain the idea.

Tenno are energy beings. Warframe's are suits with bodies inside, with no actual concious without the Tenno to occupy them. Creating a new frame creates a new body and a new link between the Tenno individual and the body. Literally the frames are lightning rods. Destroy the frames, and the Tenno fade away, since they have no way to guide their energy without a body. Could certain Cephalons be Tenno placed inside a computer instead of a body? Probably. Is Vor a "Tenno" now since he is just energy, using his body and the janus key as a means to focus himself? Ye. Stalker is a warframe with a conscious individual inside. Zanuka is a mish mash of Tenno, driven mad by being forced together and having no clear focus are easy to be controlled. Nef Anyo looks like Johnny Dep. Sheryl Channing is Spartacus.

The, This Has All Happened Before Theory

In this theory, the Warframe narrative is a circular arc. The rise and fall of the Orokin, Tenno, and infested, is repeated and perhaps is eternal.

As much as I love the "cyclical time" theme in stories, I gotta agree this is nuts.

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of sci-fi Writers got exposed to Nietzschean philosophy and Heraclitus and kind of got obsessed with the whole notion of 'Eternal Recurrence'?

Yes, it's an interesting thought experiment, yes, it's an interesting metaphor but good grief does Sci-fi seem to like the 'endless repeated cycle' thing. Star Wars with the Empire and Republic being constantly at each other in some way, Phantasy Star Universe, with the SEED and Ancients, Halo, Mass Effect...

Yes. It's an interesting thing to consider...but it really crops up a lot.

Why can't the ancient super weapon be an ancient superweapon that is less useful than the modern superweapon for once? Why can't the modern technology be better than the antique? Why is the world in this strange, inescapable narrative that cannot be defied? Why do we never question it and only run with it, why don't we say 'SCREW DESTINY' (the concept, not the game) to this endless cycle of suffering the story only partakes in?

Apologies. It kinda bugs me how often it comes up.

As for Crazy Theories...can't say I harbour any, personally. Unpopular or non-typical, sure, but not quite what I think you're asking for in the sense I personally think they're misguided or what.

If that sounds arrogant, I apologise; just being honest.

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of sci-fi Writers got exposed to Nietzschean philosophy and Heraclitus and kind of got obsessed with the whole notion of 'Eternal Recurrence'?

Yes, it's an interesting thought experiment, yes, it's an interesting metaphor but good grief does Sci-fi seem to like the 'endless repeated cycle' thing. Star Wars with the Empire and Republic being constantly at each other in some way, Phantasy Star Universe, with the SEED and Ancients, Halo, Mass Effect...

Yes. It's an interesting thing to consider...but it really crops up a lot.

Why can't the ancient super weapon be an ancient superweapon that is less useful than the modern superweapon for once? Why can't the modern technology be better than the antique? Why is the world in this strange, inescapable narrative that cannot be defied? Why do we never question it and only run with it, why don't we say 'SCREW DESTINY' (the concept, not the game) to this endless cycle of suffering the story only partakes in?

Apologies. It kinda bugs me how often it comes up.

As for Crazy Theories...can't say I harbour any, personally. Unpopular or non-typical, sure, but not quite what I think you're asking for in the sense I personally think they're misguided or what.

If that sounds arrogant, I apologise; just being honest.

I understand your frustration with the concept. I feel some fatigue with it too. However, it is a popular concept because cycles are found all over. When it applies to history, one can't but help but feel fatalistic. As such, it is a very interesting framing mechanic for a story.

Now I am thinking.......

What if the Sentients had Tenno and the Orokins had Tenno.

And these Tenno sort of traded places with each other and killed each other's rulers?............

Maybe it's because they met and they realized they were fighting against each other and decided to join forces instead, realizing they were similar and returned to kill their Orokin and Sentient Rulers to free themselves? O _O

Heck maybe the Sentients decided to rely on the Tenno when they were pushed back to the brink of defeat.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, waaaiiit....... What if that is the 'darkest enemy' (or however he words it) that Teshin speaks about? Like, what if there were Tenno who were pro-Orokin, and then separatists, and they fought... With a certain side clearly losing.

Tenno are robots built by the corpus, and then they scaped by the lotus a virtual someone who then deletes the files of the warframes and tennos being linked with corpus and now they are under the control of lotus while she plays the role of some sort-of-a-guide that tells you corpus are a threat. 

That was what i heard in a game, but i think this guy was drunk O_o, or just being paranoid... you say it, I give up life now after hearing this

There was about 5 minutes where I considered the notion that Tenno were the Sentients.

I mean, we know that Sentients turned the Orokin weaponry against them. What else turned against them? Us, the Tenno.

Also, I like to think of the Tenno as an advanced AI, and gaining the self-awareness to turn against their own creators certainly would explain the branding "Sentient".

I liked the idea, but it's filled with more holes than swiss cheese.

I always think warframes similar to robocop.

We tenno, just the soul/consciousness. That's explain why we can change frames anytime, and there's enemy controlled frames like mesa and chroma.

So basically we are the more advance Bio-Robocop.

• 2 weeks later...

We are all Space Walruses that attained godhood, but then a flower came by, mixed it's DNA with humans and then took us over using the Matrix of Leadership.

EDIT: Seriously, I considered it because of the limited lore of Warframe.

Edited by jjpdn

Highly unlikely theories:

*The Sentients are neither aliens nor robots, but natives of the Void.

*Warframe is a prequel to Dune. The return of the Sentients is the robot rebellion that caused the banning of computers. Spice is diluted technocyte, the Spacing Guild is a successor to Corpus that can still traverse the Void, and sandworms are "tame" Infested.

Theories I actually believe, despite being pretty out-there:

*The Orokin modified humans to be completely hairless. (Kela might be mutant in this gene to actually have hair.)

*The Grineer are actually sexless, they choose their gender based on fighting style.

*Kubrow were engineered from not dogs, but bats. (Just look at the Feral Kubrow! And their ears and noses!)

*The "Phobos" in Warframe is actually an asteroid towed into Mars orbit by the Orokin. Similarly, Sedna was towed into circular Solar orbit. 

*Venus froze due to excessive harvesting of gases in its atmosphere by the Corpus.

*(Meta theory) Similarly to how Sanctuary is a little like Suda, a cephalon gathering information, and Conclave is a little like Hexis, a spiritualist who wants the Tenno to improve themselves, there will eventually be a neutral syndicate corresponding to each original syndicate.

Edited by Akavakaku

Nano spores represents our Tenno's inner degradation as they fight through mission after mission 'picking' them up. But in actual fact, they are not real; the Tenno are just actually hallucinating them. The amount of obtained Nano spores then depicts the corruption that has festered into the entity of our Tenno and thus they actually become more and more corrupt and thus lead to Tenno slowly being mindscrewed by Lotus to do her bidding.

Ridiculous theories? Hmmmm let me see.

-The Tenno are Ghost in the Shell-styled beings, with the Warframes being the "shells"

-The Sentients are actually the good guys

-The Corpus want to ally with the Sentients, that's why they surround themselves with machinery

I guess those are the craziest things I've considered once.

That the new starchart system will be user-friendly and generally palatable? Its the most ridiculous theory in -my- recent memory. XD

On a serious note, though, yeah. Probably energy beings. Which is certainly quite silly when you realize basic things like your warframe can bleed.