Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Farm Kubrow Eggs (The Fast Way)

Ajreil

Question

Farming Kubrow eggs can take a very long time, and I have seen enough complaints from players accross the game/forums that I feel the need to make a guide. I can generally get an egg within 30 minutes, and I will tell you how.

This is an egg:

Kubrowegg.jpg

Kubrow Eggs have a chance of dropping when you destroy a Kubrow den. The Kubrows themselves will NOT drop an egg.

They look like this:

Kubrowden.png

Here's how

Step one: set your matchmaking settings to Solo

If you are new to the game, you are welcome to run with friends or randoms to help you complete the mission quickly. Otherwise, running solo is faster because you don't need to worry about waiting for them to reach the extraction point.

Step two: choose Everest, Mantle or Cambria on Earth

These nodes have more Kubrow dens than the others do.

Step three: Kill all the Kubrow dens -first-

Don't worry about the objective, just blow past the enemies and go for the Kubrow dens. If you happen to find a Kubrow egg, kill everyone and proceed to extraction. If not, abort the mission and try again. Completing a mission that didn't drop an egg wastes time.

Now repeat until you get an egg

The goal of this method is to kill as many dens as possible in a short amount of time.

Bringing a Volt can help you complete the mission faster, as his speed ability can let you move faster. I spend the vast majority of my time running, so anything you can do to cut down on that time will let you get an egg faster. The sprint boost aura is also a good option for any Warframe.

You can only have one egg in your inventory at a time, so don't try this if you already have one in your inventory. If you have one already, you wont be able to pick it up. You can have an egg and a live Kubrow at the same time, however.

Edited by Ajreil

24 answers to this question

*NOTE* - the following is only my experience and to my knowledge, has not had anyone else test this theory.

While eggs drop from the nests and not the Kubrows, I have found that the more Kubrows you milk out of a nest before you destroy it, the better the chance of a drop. When I go in using high level weapons that wipe the nest in one swing/shot, I very rarely get an egg. If I take a low level weapon and take my time destroying the nest, I seem to get one more often. Again, not something I specifically tested for, just happened to notice while farming for eggs.

alternatively / additionally, a good note to mention is that Kubrow Dens drop Eggs, Kubrows do not.

while you can get some rareish Mods once in a while from Kubrows, if you want Eggs, blow through areas, smash lots of Dens, and repeat.

alternatively / additionally, a good note to mention is that Kubrow Dens drop Eggs, Kubrows do not.

while you can get some rareish Mods once in a while from Kubrows, if you want Eggs, blow through areas, smash lots of Dens, and repeat.

Good idea, added to the OP.

I don't realy think that there is anybody that can't run solo earth exterminate.

And sorry man but nothing new or constructive here. It's just how you do it. Only better and faster way is resource drop chance booster but for kubrow eggs it's not worth it

I don't realy think that there is anybody that can't run solo earth exterminate.

And sorry man but nothing new or constructive here. It's just how you do it. Only better and faster way is resource drop chance booster but for kubrow eggs it's not worth it

Still useful for players not wanting to spend 10p to get an egg. So pls stop being salty.

Here's an even faster way. Solo Mantle (Capture) + Volt:

O3RbrUq.png

I also end up picking up a decent chunk of neurodes when running around with Shocking Speed.

I've bred over 40 kubrows and I've farmed most of the eggs the old-fashioned den-busting way. This is by far the fastest way I've found.

Edited by stoybot

A faster way to get a kubrow egg would be to do a bunch of void missions and sell the parts. Iv spent 3-4 hours trying to get eggs sometimes and its a hell of a lot faster to get 3-4 Rotation parts in T3 survival than it is to farm those things.

A faster way to get a kubrow egg would be to do a bunch of void missions and sell the parts. Iv spent 3-4 hours trying to get eggs sometimes and its a hell of a lot faster to get 3-4 Rotation parts in T3 survival than it is to farm those things.

While certainly fast, it isn't exactly farming for kubrow eggs. I have never needed to spend 3-4 hours farming for eggs. Are you using the method mentioned in the OP?

I find that I get them quite often on the Vay hek assassination mission. I don't know if this has to do with the level of the enemies or not. 

Here's an even faster way. Solo Mantle (Capture) + Volt:

It seems like they rebalanced where Kubrow dens spawn since I wrote this guide. Mantle now gives them pretty frequently, as does the spy mission. I haven't tried Vay Hek lately, but since it's a slow boss fight it's probably not ideal to farm him for Kubrow eggs. If you need Hydroid anyway, then you may as well smash some dens while you are at it.

Volt is amazing at egg hunting. I didn't have Volt when I wrote the guide, but it is certainly a good idea to use him.

So, Volt's great for this kind of thing because he's fast (Speed or Shocking Speed), so runners like Loki, Nova and Mirage would do just fine too, right? (I also recommend bringing at least one powerful weapon in case of Stalker. I always get jumped when I decide to bring my unranked stuff out for a spin.)

While eggs drop from the nests and not the Kubrows, I have found that the more Kubrows you milk out of a nest before you destroy it, the better the chance of a drop.

This requires testing. If this is true, it could save us a lot of time. Thanks for the theory.