Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Revert Air Melee Slam Attack Behavior

RealPandemonium

In particular, this recent change from update 16.4:

• Fixed held melee attacks being usable in mid-air, causing a ‘gliding slam’ onto an area.  Slam attacks will now drop players directly to the ground.

This does nothing besides remove functionality.  You could previously do slam attacks straight down by looking straight down if you wanted to.  Things like doing an aerial melee attack into a slam attack are no longer possible.  Is there a single player who wants this change?  +1 this thread (upvote the OP; DE actually tracks upvotes above a certain amount!) and post to show your support for reverting this pointless, limiting, detrimental change that no one asked for.  

Seriously, what's even the point of this change?

Edited by RealPandemonium

I do not think a petition will help. DE doesn't really listen to their playerbase unless someone complains that things are getting too hard and their favorite weapon/frame doesn't completely turn all gameplay into a joke.

FTFY, but let's not get off-topic. 

+1 This comment to keep the change.

You need to have an opposing selection available to make your votes have any kind of meaning.

A pleasant reminder that this community uses upvotes to troll and complain instead of trying to make a positive difference.

...A pleasant reminder that this community uses upvotes to troll and complain instead of trying to make a positive difference.

Shamefully true.

Ah, nevermind, I thought this was another poster revealing the actions of the OP, but it is the OP claiming that I'm trolling. Laughable.

You need votes Against and For available to the readers if either selection is to be considered seriously. Post a poll or something to make this legit.

Don't ever attack me.

Edited by Joenorthrup

The use of "Fixed" leads me to believe it was never intended in the first place.

That's the part I'm concerned about at the core.  Then again, it wouldn't be the first unintended thing to be allowed to stay were it to return.

You need votes Against and For available to the readers if either selection is to be considered seriously. Post a poll or something to make this legit.

Though this is sensible, there lies an issue in that polls through third party sites are quite easily manipulatable/exploitable in most cases.  Not particularly what I would consider to be legit in any way.

Granted, while it isn't perfect by any means, one could compare the thread's number of views and/or unique posters to the number of upvotes the initial post has.  More work, but it would provide more accurate results than a poll.

Shamefully true.

Ah, nevermind, I thought this was another poster revealing the actions of the OP, but it is the OP claiming that I'm trolling. Laughable.

Don't ever attack me.

Not an attack; just pointing out how a facetious meta-reply quickly gets upvotes while the OP and discussion thereof is ignored.  (A petition does not require a counter-option; you sign a petition only if you care.  If you strongly support the change for some reason, you can start another petition to keep the change. Petition =/= Vote.)  Perhaps if my OP included angry complaining and dev-bashing it would be more popular?

A came in this thread actually expecting this exact change to happen. And keep in mind I haven't played WF in a week or so, so I haven't kept up with the update notes.

This was a really poor choice that DE has done. That change right there just made melee even more closed off than ever before.

Not an attack; just pointing out how a facetious meta-reply quickly gets upvotes while the OP and discussion thereof is ignored.  Perhaps if my OP included angry complaining and dev-bashing it would be more popular?

How many times do I have to tell you what to do before you realize I'm not trolling. I have zero concern what happens with this change since I'm an adaptive player and will be fine no matter what changes they make. I was giving you what your post was missing and telling you why.

Votes depend entirely on who has seen the post, so it doesn't matter what types of posts are upvoted in the beginning since we'll have no idea who has and hasn't seen this. The long run is what matters and your post looks like it will have more than mine in the end so relax.

If your post included dev-bashing and anger, I would absolutely troll you because you'd deserve it and fewer people would upvote you. They'd upvote a comment that put it nicely in the thread.

From the 100 possebilities you had, to do a slam. There's only 1 left. How is this a fix?

I also used it to reach tight spots where you would do an automatic roll. 

They leave coptering like it is after so many discussions. And they change THIS!

I don't get it. How is this a fix? This takes so much joy out of the game for me.

If your post included dev-bashing and anger, I would absolutely troll you because you'd deserve it and fewer people would upvote you. They'd upvote a comment that put it nicely in the thread.

Even if I mentioned the synoid, excaligate, and loot cave removal?  Thanks for derailing the thread anyway btw.  

Honestly, I kind of prefer having the air attack in a standard jump ALWAYS be the slam move like it once was. Partially because sometimes I want that knockdown immediately and don't want to accidentally go flying instead, and partially because I sometimes use it to halt my forward momentum when I almost overshoot a jump. I dunno. Personal preference, I guess.

Honestly, I kind of prefer having the air attack in a standard jump ALWAYS be the slam move like it once was. Partially because sometimes I want that knockdown immediately and don't want to accidentally go flying instead, and partially because I sometimes use it to halt my forward momentum when I almost overshoot a jump. I dunno. Personal preference, I guess.

Thing is, you could already do these by aiming the camera even a few degrees downward.  The change is a pure loss of functionality, with no gain.  

Thing is, you could already do these by aiming the camera even a few degrees downward.  The change is a pure loss of functionality, with no gain.  

They have mentioned bringing back charge attacks, so this could be tied to groundwork for those coming soon(ish?), but as is, there is no benefit to removing what was a very useful feature.

Far slamming with melee can't even be argued against. Physically it works. If I have a large bamboo stick and jump forward of course I can swing it down to smack the ground. If far slamming was an issue where players intended to launch themselves but instead slammed, why not make far slamming a toggleable option in the settings menu? It would keep both parties happy.

If far slamming was an issue where players intended to launch themselves but instead slammed, why not make far slamming a toggleable option in the settings menu? It would keep both parties happy.

It really wasn't ever an issue; you would never slam if you didn't hold the melee button down.  Tap to launch, hold to launch into a slam.  Looking down would always initiate a straight-down ground slam regardless of whether you tapped or held the button.  This change literally added nothing to the game.