Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Warframe health type is Flesh. Not synthetic Flesh, not artificial flesh, not flesh-that-isn't-actually-flesh-but-lets-call-it-flesh.

Just flesh.

Not because frames are made of flesh, but because there is no specific types (not made by the developers) of flesh. I am pretty sure that Infested Flesh are different from Grineer Flesh, or Tenno flesh. Does this mean that Tenno are Infested? Nope.  (Forget it, my mistake).This is gameplay aspect, and nothing more. (Sorry for poor English)

Also, you know, Warframes got Armor.(As well as Grineer soldiers) Does this mean that Warframes are made of armored flesh?  Nope, of course, because warframe is armored costume. As I said, all other theories are supported only by pure speculations.

As you know, there is a reason for flesh type of health. Armor doesn't negate damage completely, it just reduces it. Damage that left is passing armor and hitting flesh. Human flesh.

Also, from lore, Tenno, Grineer, Corpus are tied together, because they are all humans. Tenno - human operator of warframe (armored costume). Tenno, as human being, must breath, eat, sleep.

Edited by Charles_Rex

IT's not true, it's not confirmed. I hate that this theory still exists, it sounds so stupid. How do we know that we aren't just being altered by our suits to fit inside? I mean, Nadia in Dark Sector doesn't fit in her Nemesis form and yet that still works. Who's to say we aren't all Mag sized or whatever and the warframe just fills in around us to make us comfy fit? There are so many things that identify us as organic and only one line that says we are energy, and even then the guy who says that uses so many metaphors it's just...eugh...

Nothing has been confirmed, but the most likely correct answer is that the Tenno are fleshy constructs in a humanoid shape. "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." (Excal codex) "'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'" (Ember codex) "The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done." (Rhino Codex) All of these things come from Warframe Codices. All of them describe the Tenno.

"But the warframes could be built around energy!" True. They could, but highly doubtful. Look at the later ones.

"That beast is a warframe!" Then where's the mouth on Rhino or the eyes? Rhino the warframe is the suit that goes around this rabid creature.

"The children could be anything! It could be a metaphor, for a scared creatures like from Star Trek" True. Still unlikely.

Best scenario we are humanoid figures altered by the void and trained and grown as soldiers from childhood under the Orokin who hated us and wanted to use us as simple warriors and then discard us afterwards.

Organic means having usable energy. Dude, go back to your biology classes.

But you wouldn't call a Zebra an "energy being" just because it stores chemical energy and converts it into mechanical energy.

Speaking of classes, go to a physics class. Learn Newtonian physics, you'll find that energy is an attribute, not a thing. Energy is like charge, or velocity, or temperature, or angular momentum. You wouldn't talk about "pure velocity beings" or "pure temperature beings" because it makes no sense. Nor does "energy being".

But you wouldn't call a Zebra an "energy being" just because it stores chemical energy and converts it into mechanical energy.

Yup, that's the Europe-American side of the truth. If you ask Asian people, you'll get a different answer.

And, well, I would call it an energy being as it stores and utilizes energy. Therefore, almost everything is an energy being. That doesn't imply they are alive, eh.

Edited by Hecro

Yup, that's the Europe-American side of the truth. If you ask Asian people, you'll get a different answer.

And, well, I would call it an energy being as it stores and utilizes energy. Therefore, almost everything is an energy being. That doesn't imply they are alive, eh.

Then the term is useless since literally every being is an energy being. It's a meaningless thing to say and doesn't contradict the notion that Tenno are organic humans, like you and I.

Then the term is useless since literally every being is an energy being. It's a meaningless thing to say and doesn't contradict the notion that Tenno are organic humans, like you and I.

Yup. So, where's the deal? I'm probably the first one wishing here Tenno being humans. Would fit into the cryostasis thing. Maybe we're the closest things to what we're now.

Yup. So, where's the deal? I'm probably the first one wishing here Tenno being humans. Would fit into the cryostasis thing. Maybe we're the closest things to what we're now.

Because what you refer to as "energy being" is not what people who advocate for "tenno are energy being" are talking about. What they're talking about is some kind of magical plasma creature (of course, even plasma is still not energy, it's matter, like you and I are). There's no way of speaking of energy beings without being either

a) banal and trivial

or

b) not understanding what energy is

Because what you refer to as "energy being" is not what people who advocate for "tenno are energy being" are talking about. What they're talking about is some kind of magical plasma creature (of course, even plasma is still not energy, it's matter, like you and I are). There's no way of speaking of energy beings without being either

a) banal and trivial

or

b) not understanding what energy is

As I told you before, that's the general understanding from European and American people. If you asked people in other continents, the answers would differ from what you say.

Imho we can't be what they advocate, as we wouldn't really be able to see the specific type of energy they're talking about. I don't think a plasma thing would be enough for the suits.

Edited by Hecro

Alright, what about velocity beings then? Why are there no discussions about whether or not Tenno are actually velocity beings?

If Zebras are energy beings, what would a non-energy being look like? For "energy being" to mean anything there needs to be things that are energy beings AND things that aren't.

Edited by Mastikator2

Alright, what about velocity beings then? Why are there no discussions about whether or not Tenno are actually velocity beings?

If Zebras are energy beings, what would a non-energy being look like? For "energy being" to mean anything there needs to be things that are energy beings AND things that aren't.

Velocity beings is not appliable in any way. In order to get the velocity state commonly known is necessary before an energy supply, lol.

A non-energy being doesn't need to look like something

For example, if you were a zebra, and you couldn't channel your energy, that means you would be dead. But not only that, if a predator ate you and they couldn't get any energy supply, that would mean you are not an energy being, at least, the way I think it is.

But, as you know, zebras need and utilize energy.

A non-energy being, first of all, would still be a being, yes. But one that, as it needs no energy, it exchanges that zero energy into zero energy, therefore, making nothing.

For me, the only non-energy being that we've got is void.

"In order to get the velocity state commonly known is necessary before an energy supply, lol."

What does this mean?

"For example, if you were a zebra, and you couldn't channel your energy, that means you would be dead. But not only that, if a predator ate you and they couldn't get any energy supply, that would mean you are not an energy being, at least, the way I think it is.

But, as you know, zebras need and utilize energy."

Are you talking about energy in the scientific term or in the colloquial term? Because they're not the same, not even a little bit. The colloquial "energy" can indeed mean different things in different cultures. The scientific meaning of energy is not cultural, the scientific meaning of energy is mathematical and transcends cultures and subjective viewpoints.

I was talking about the scientific definition of energy, the one that can be measured in joules or calories. That's why I brought up physics class and Newtonian physics and talked about energy as an attribute.

What you're talking about is something completely different. It's not a matter of culture, the same laws of physics apply to all humans, Chinese airplanes use the same laws of aerodynamics as Spanish airplanes.

The Warframes are SO varied and we've been switching between them for SO long that this doesn't really prove anything. It could just be that the Warframe are altering physical bodies Guyver-style to fit in them, hell Equinox switches body times on the fly.

I'd LOVE if we got something concrete sooner rather than later, but...