Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

How do you know what he meant? you don't. Vor himself is now a being energy and is the most knowledgeable person on the subject. 

Because he literally said it. Read his quote.

If he's captured WFs, dissected them, studied them- doesn't this show that he didn't find a pretty body inside?

If he found a human like body, why would he be so confused about how WFs work?

Wouldn't he have tortured the pilots inside of it was merely a suit?

Why doesn't he have a bunch of extracted tenno? Is it because he'd couldn't "find" the tenno when he studied the WFs?

"reactive dissolution"

Dissolution is a fancy way of saying dissolve. And there's also the line "every time we tear a tenno corpse from its metal womb". 

"We can switch frames, and that proves we are energy! It's not just a game mechanic!"

"We can bleed, but that proves nothing! It's just a game mechanic!"

....I see. At least these players acknowledge that game mechanics exist in the 1st place.

Again, so syndicates look like frames because they have similar generic humanoid shapes and what, helmets that look alike? Again, that would make me mickey mouse then if i put on the ears and got a rounder belly. 

Tenno are beings who went into the void and came out changed, none of the Orokin count as tenno outside those that got warped by the void, otherwise as I said every lifeform in the game would be a tenno by your standard.

Me-
"I always looked at "Tenno" as being a title, like "agent" or "assassin", they only started calling them "Tenno" after they returned from the void and had the Warframe placed on them."

I don't think you fully read my post. No where in any of my posts do I suggest that anyone can use the Warframes or do I look at them as being pilots like in Gundam, I say it is a title given to a special select few. What I am saying is that a few of the Syndicates ARE Tenno and have the powers that we do. 

The ones walking around in jumpsuits appear to be low level acolytes in training, Warframe hopefuls that have not yet changed from the Void or entered the Cryopods- Just normal humans.

The only other beings shown in the Relay are the Corpus, Grineer, and the Cephalon splinter groups. If we remove the AI, that leaves only three humanoid factions within the Relay.

I believe that every syndicate comes from one of the existing factions- splinter groups with their own beliefs.
You can tell a Corpus and a Grineer based on what they wear and the symbols that they use. Plus, it clearly says they are Grineer and Corpus in the syndicate descriptions. That only leaves Tenno as the remaining in game faction.

Looking from a game designer's perspective, all of the factions have VERY clear themes and designs to them. 

New Loka are clearly human because their description says so-

"No matter how far we reach into the stars New Loka knows it is Earth that has always been our home. Turning away from genetic tampering that has twisted the Grineer and the technological meddling that has corrupted Earth it is New Loka that fights for the repopulation of a world once abandoned."

So now we know they don't use machines or cloning to tamper with themselves, New Loka are legit human.
They also resemble a splinter group of the order of the Lotus (which the Tenno are part of), the leader's head even looks like that of a small Lotus flower bud, suggesting they left and "planted" a new organization, hence the theme of the seeds. I don't think they have Warframe/void powers because of this.

Red Veil resemble the Stalker and Excalibur, their theme seems to fit the Stalker quite well with the "balance through death" philosophy.

And the Arbiters that of Loki and Volt, they to me are the closest to the Tenno and what they stand for. 

I think DE did it on purpose and thought it through a lot before adding it, I think DE had a theme and story in mind here.   

And as a final proof, just take a look at the Arbiter's description....

"The dogmatic Arbiters seek a truth through discipline and practice. They reject the "Tenno as Warrior" mythology - a lie constructed to limit their potential. The Arbiters of Hexis exemplify a burning passion to search for the truth of Tenno ability, composed with the knowledge that Tenno are far greater than even their shattered history suggests."

They are the only group that comes close to describing themselves as Tenno. It clearly says Tenno, and "their" several times, referring to them as being Tenno themselves. Seriously, If that doesn't prove they are Tenno I don't know what does....

"We can switch frames, and that proves we are energy! It's not just a game mechanic!"

"We can bleed, but that proves nothing! It's just a game mechanic!"

....I see. At least these players acknowledge that game mechanics exist in the 1st place.

Once again, I am not denying the presence of an organic body inside the frame, I'm saying The body is not the tenno.

So yes saying the frame can bleed doesn't prove anything. 

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

Honestly Ill keep thinking their energy because personaly thats my own theory. However onto the main topic you act as tho we can only "see" smiling and act like the Lotus herself can techincly "see" through that helmet of hers with one suppossed eye in center.

Ever think that the Lotus maybe felt since she might be connect to the Tenno's vital signs in some way that she was smiling or just knew Mirage enough to say "She is smiling because she know's I am lying", not based on actually seeing it but based on the similar principle of knowing someone long enough to know what they are doing even if you do not "see" them. Personaly sounded like to me that Lotus knew that Mirage would be smiling because Mirage and the Lotus have been together possibly long enough to know each other thus she is stating this mearly from a personal connection...again not seeing. Plenty of other ways to know someone is doing something without sight, sight is the number one thing we out of all our sences should not trust the most...very logicaly determined fact in science.

Our helmets alone make me think we are not even close to any "physical form", so going with the ball of energy still and their is no proof thus far to say differntly other then "word nitpicking".

Edited by Monybags33

Once again, I am not denying the presence of an organic body inside the frame, I'm saying The body is not the tenno.

The tenno is irrevocably attached to the body, and uses it to control multiple frames then. So it literally doesn't make any difference.

"The dogmatic Arbiters seek a truth through discipline and practice. They reject the "Tenno as Warrior" mythology - a lie constructed to limit their potential. The Arbiters of Hexis exemplify a burning passion to search for the truth of Tenno ability, composed with the knowledge that Tenno are far greater than even their shattered history suggests."

They are the only group that comes close to describing themselves as Tenno. It clearly says Tenno, and "their" several times, referring to them as being Tenno themselves. Seriously, If that doesn't prove they are Tenno I don't know what does....

To limit Tenno potential. To help the Tenno find the truth of THEIR ability. And that history of the Tenno that is theirs.

I still find it unlikely they're Tenno.

I never like the idea of there being some random &#! corpse inside the Warframes, far too squick for me; but aside from that I also see logical issues:

Where do we get it from?

Why are we possessing it rather than just possessing the Warframes?

"Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno now awaken to a new war..."

How would you explain this? There's another fellow who says that the Tenno are energy (maybe you do too), so the energy needed to be frozen (I guess, LOL) in order to be preserved?

Honestly Ill keep thinking their energy because personaly thats my own theory. However onto the main topic you act as tho we can only "see" smiling and act like the Lotus herself can techincly "see" through that helmet of hers with one suppossed eye in center.

Ever think that the Lotus maybe felt since she might be connect to the Tenno's vital signs in some way that she was smiling or just knew Mirage enough to say "She is smiling because she know's I am lying", not based on actually seeing it but based on the similar principle of knowing someone long enough to know what they are doing even if you do not "see" them. Personaly sounded like to me that Lotus knew that Mirage would be smiling because Mirage and the Lotus have been together possibly long enough to know each other thus she is stating this mearly from a personal connection...again not seeing. Plenty of other ways to know someone is doing something without sight, sight is the number one thing we out of all our sences should not trust the most...very logicaly determined fact in science.

Our helmets alone make me think we are not even close to any "physical form", so going with the ball of energy still and their is no proof thus far to say differntly other then "word nitpicking".

Why does energy need breasts?

The breasts would belong to the Warframe. Same with the codpiece.

I see. So why does the armor need breasts? If it's a shapeless energy based war machine, what purpose does that serve?

Also, how is it possible to kill Warframes? You kill energy? Robots may be lifeless, but at least they can simply be dismantled.

Also, it mentions in a few places that the Tenno were sleeping. How does energy sleep?

Where do we get it from?

Why are we possessing it rather than just possessing the Warframes?

The body is created by ordis (why not?), we need three part to create a frame the outer shell  (helmet and chassis) and the system (the body). The ember and rhino codex seem to imply that the children each had a different power, that poses several question;

How many children were they ?

Did they all have a different power ?

Did they all survive?

Did the Orokin manage to harness the power(duh)?

Did they manage to replicate it? If yes how?

How can we wield all those different power if they are innate to each child ?

I see. So why does the armor need breasts? If it's a shapeless energy based war machine, what purpose does that serve?

Also, how is it possible to kill Warframes? You kill energy? Robots may be lifeless, but at least they can simply be dismantled.

Also, it mentions in a few places that the Tenno were sleeping. How does energy sleep?

it's based on the person? whose power the frame is 'refining', and has in my opinion a clone of that person inside inside the frame

The body is created by ordis (why not?), we need three part to create a frame the outer shell  (helmet and chassis) and the system (the body). The ember and rhino codex seem to imply that the children each had a different power, that poses several question;

Did they all survive?

Vor's lines state that the Warframes "shape" the energy of the tenno. The tenno just provides void energy, which turns into different powers based on the frame he or she is wearing.

The mental gymnastics and outright disregard for certain unstated elements make the ghost in a cloned body in a warframe theory highly unlikely.

Anthropocentrism - the belief that human beings are the central or most significant species on the planet (in the sense that they are considered to have a moral status or value higher than that of other animals), or the assessment of reality through an exclusively human perspective.

With the Orokin being human, it only makes sense they'd shape what would be their protectors and salvation in their image.

Don't mistake my words, though, I'm not arguing for the energy being theory, only to why the frames are like they are despite the fact of our Tenno switching between them.

As for killing warframes: I default to my answer below. 

Did they all survive?

Because the foundry and genetic foundry are two separate things - and we can craft a frame without ever having to clone one.

As for the Rhino Prime codex... I answer with this: That wasn't a Tenno. That was Rhino. That was the Warframe before it was a frame - back when it was a Technocyte beast. We control all those powers that we can because we can wear all of the different Warframes that the Rhino and the like eventually were crafted into by the Orokin - and, later, by us.

I'll buy that the Tenno were cloned, that's a good reason to say why there are so many, but I don't think we're body-hopping ghosts.

Vor's lines state that the Warframes "shape" the energy of the tenno. The tenno just provides void energy, which turns into different powers based on the frame he or she is wearing.

The mental gymnastics and outright disregard for certain unstated elements make the ghost in a cloned body in a warframe theory highly unlikely.

This answers that pretty solidly.

It sounds like you're just trying to be obtuse. It's sci-fi. There are many possibilities.

one of shape definition is To direct the course of, to adjust.

of course another is  To give a particular form to 

Which could mean that the Tenno energy is just energy that the frame shape, or the that the frame just refine the power that already exist.

As for the Rhino Prime codex... I answer with this: That wasn't a Tenno. That was Rhino. That was the Warframe before it was a frame 

on that we agree.

It sounds like you're just trying to be obtuse. It's sci-fi. There are many possibilities which needlessly complicate matters, and push forth counter-intuitive ideas.

Fixed that for ya, pal!

To Morec0, I thought you were on the body hopping ghosts concept.

To roaddogz, if the Tenno are energy that control different bodies, why did that energy need to be frozen with the bodies?

one of shape definition is To direct the course of, to adjust.

of course another is  To give a particular form to 

Which could mean that the Tenno energy is just energy that the frame shape, or the that the frame just refine the power that already exist.

The power doesn't exist in the frame though. The wording is pretty clear: the tenno are the source of the power, and the frame shapes that power.