Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

It could be the cryopods weren't meant to "preserve" the Tenno physically, but rather to simply take them out of the universe

How could they be harmed on defense-missions if they were "taken out of the universe"? A dimensional rift or something would mean we'd have to defend a rift on Defense instead of the cryopod... Or we'd have to prevent our enemies from opening a rift in the first place.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Here to play devil's advocate again:

To the statement that "energy doesn't need to sleep or be frozen!!"

It could be the cryopods weren't meant to "preserve" the Tenno physically, but rather to simply take them out of the universe; to ensure they're not longer an active part of the "equation" of Origin. I mean, the entire goal of the Tenno race is balancing the system. This seems to mean ensuring that empires and the power people can possess are stunted to a point where they can't be used to oppress others.

Whether we want to be or not, the Tenno are a part of that balancing act. We have such incredible power and access to weaponry that can crush most everything in the system, but because of that we're also a huge threat. Look at what our return and attempt to rebalance the system has resulted in: an arms race that has led to the creation of Balors, Zanuka, the Manics. Imagine what would have happened if we stayed awake fresh-out of the Collapse, when Orokin tech was still fresh in everyone's mind.

But we can't just flat out kill ourselves and remove ourselves from the balance that way. We're the protectors of the system, here to defend it and rebalance it whenever it's needed. If we're not around to do it, no one is, and thus we must endure. Thus, sleep is the second best option.

In short: It could be that the Tenno didn't go into Cryosleep to physically preserve themselves, but rather to minimize their impact on the system after their balancing of it in the wake of their slaughtering of the Orokin Emperors.

(whether or not we're energy or not, though, I think this "remove ourselves from the equation with the cyropods" WAS a huge factor into WHY they went to sleep in them in the first place; and there's also the bit that Warframe may be biological, meaning we're looking to preserve them, but that's a different train of thought entirely from this)

that is exactly why they went to "sleep" Did ANYONE really think they went to sleep because they were exhausted from slaughtering the Orokin? They were obviously put into stasis for a reason, whatever they may be.

Bicentennial man for one. T-900, i could go on- but chances are you'll just come up with a nonsense counterargument. 

Can you not see the possibility that they may have the technology to merge organic material with tech? We can already grow skin in labs today, its not that far fetched to imagine that they can create more complex organic material- that would need some form of fluid to sustain it..something that could work like blood.

Here's some Terminator science for ya: 

There is an endo-skeleton made of coltan, under the organic flesh and blood of a T-800.

that is exactly why they went to "sleep" Did ANYONE really think they went to sleep because they were exhausted from slaughtering the Orokin? They were obviously put into stasis for a reason, whatever they may be.

I think 1 of the reason why a Tenno was also inside a sleeping frame was because it's the safest place to keep a Tenno, where it could defend itself if needed.

Didn't work out too well though, but it beats being store in a jar.

Edited by Dartiel

How could they be harmed on defense-missions if they were "taken out of the universe"? A dimensional rift or something would mean we'd have to defend a rift on Defense instead of the cryopod... Or we'd have to prevent our enemies from opening a rift in the first place.

I didn't mean that literally (kinda ironic, seeing as this is directed to the side arguing the likes of "Vor's satement wasn't literal!" - which I agree with, it just strikes me as funny).

I meant it as "taken out from having an active influence on the universe". It's like if you stayed inside your house all day - you're still a part of the human society by virtue of living in a house on the planet Earth, but you've removed your influence from in (as I said, just short of killing yourself).

Makes us sound a helluva lot like the Demons of Razgriz.

Well we are demons of the Void...

Also looked that reference up - it amused me.

I think 1 of the reason why a Tenno was also inside a sleeping frame was because it's the safest place to keep a Tenno, where it could defend itself if needed.

safest place?

Ahah, that's why Vor and a few Grineer Troopers almost killed us in the tutorial... Lotus was lucky to awaken us in time, actually. Safe place? Think again. We were not able to defend on our own... If it weren't for Lotus we'd have been taken by Vor while asleep.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

safest place?

Ahah, that's why Vor and a few Grineer Troopers almost killed us in the tutorial... Lotus was lucky to awaken us in time, actually. Safe place? Think again.

Devils advocate... I think... I'm losing track of which side I'm on...

In the event of an attack against us, it WOULD be safer to be in the body of a warrior-god with access to nature/physic-defying abilities than... anything else. Sleeping in its a gamble, but one worth taking.

Fitting, isn't it?

Amusingly so.

Devils advocate... I think... I'm losing track of which side I'm on...

In the event of an attack against us, it WOULD be safer to be in the body of a warrior-god with access to nature/physic-defying abilities than... anything else. Sleeping in its a gamble, but one worth taking.

Amusingly so.

Speaking of which, how did Vor find us in the first place?

Sleeping in its a gamble, but one worth taking.

At the time we were hidden the risk wasn't that large... Sentients apparently vanished, Orokin society was destroyed.

Grineer seeking for Warframe-power came way, way later. If Lotus wouldn't have found out about it halfway on-time... we'd not have been able to do jack against them.

Speaking of which, how did Vor find us in the first place?

Likely lots of trial and error, hunting and exploring Orokin ruins, studying and piecing together the bits and bobs of Orokin Lore he could find.

Remember, we're not the first Tenno and Warframe he found. There was this trailer:

In which be finds a sleeping Excalibur, only to be stopped by other Tenno, and before that event we have this little exchange:

So we KNOW Vor's been hunting Tenno for a while, and he's died at least once before as well before we get to him (I like to imagine that his transformation into Void Vor was like was Rasputin said was happening to him in the Hellboy movie: "Every time I died and crossed over ...a little more of the master... came back with me...") and who KNOWS how many Tenno losses.

Really it explains just HOW P*SSED and WHY the Queens were with him.

At the time we were hidden the risk wasn't that large... Sentients apparently vanished, Orokin society was destroyed.

Grineer seeking for Warframe-power came way, way later. If Lotus wouldn't have found out about it halfway on-time... we'd not have been able to do jack against them.

But the Tenno aren't stupid. The whole reason they went to sleep in the first place instead of just offing themselves was because they likely KNEW they'd be needed again. And if they'd be needed again, that would mean SOMETHING would be rising to power, and in that case it would 1) be best to already have some Warframes on hand to combat it and 2) to have them ready with you, in case that hostile force comes looking for them while they sleep.

Unless you're attempting to say the Tenno are complete idiots who thought "duuuurrr, we just killed da orokin emprers!! it will be peace and happiness from now on because that's how history has shown htings happen! duuuuuuuur!"

Which is SO unlikely it physically hurts me to consider it.

Edited by Morec0

Could be easily answer if we know how Lotus found and sent those Tennos to helped us.

Did Lotus found them before us?

Who is Lotus and why Simaris said that she hide a lot of things from us?

Who or what the twin queens are?

Why did they send their armies to eradicate Tennos?

Too many questions...

And maybe something in our pod/facility broke and we can't be awaken remotely.

Or Lotus have no access to that function.

I don't know.

Edited by Dartiel

But the Tenno aren't stupid.

According to Teshins cryptic phrases, the Tenno were lead to do what they did by Lotus. Not sure about them having any say in this, we simply don't know what exactly happened before they were put in cryo-sleep. Lotus explaining every basic to us kinda implies that Tenno lost their memory...

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Remember, we're not the first Tenno and Warframe he found. 

Why of course! Especially so in the case of XB1 players xD

According to Teshins cryptic phrases, the Tenno were lead to do what they did by Lotus. Not sure about them having any say in this, we simply don't know what exactly happened before they were put in cryo-sleep.

I don't care how the lore turns out, I'd still follow her willingly.

According to Teshins cryptic phrases, the Tenno were lead to do what they did by Lotus. Not sure about them having any say in this, we simply don't know what exactly happened before they were put in cryo-sleep. Lotus explaining every basic to us kinda implies that Tenno lost their memory...

And the Stalker blames us directly with no mention or blaming of the Lotus what-so-ever, while Teshin seems to think the exact opposite: it was all Lotus, the Tenno are innocent of this, I will teach them.

I think there's truth to both of these claims; I think it was a joint effort between the Tenno and the Lotus. Teshin and Stalker represent the two extremes of interpretation of the event. Teshin as "it was all the Lotus"; Stalker as "it was all the Tenno".

I don't care how the lore turns out, I'd still follow her willingly.

There's no direct reason to distrust Lotus. It's just Teshin and his cryptic crazytalk that makes me think Lotus made some big mistakes in the past. No indication of betrayal in sight so far. She won't lead us to die knowingly, that's for sure.

And the Stalker blames us directly with no mention or blaming of the Lotus what-so-ever, while Teshin seems to think the exact opposite: it was all Lotus, the Tenno are innocent of this, I will teach them.

I think there's truth to both of these claims; I think it was a joint effort between the Tenno and the Lotus. Teshin and Stalker represent the two extremes of interpretation of the event. Teshin as "it was all the Lotus"; Stalker as "it was all the Tenno".

What if it was all Teshin and Stalker, and they want us to believe we did it?!

jk

What if it was all Teshin and Stalker, and they want us to believe we did it?!

jk

Teshin is gonna be the Cl. Shepard of Warframe... instead of "It's the reapers, I told you, idiots!" it's gonna be "The sentients were just waiting for the opportunity Lotus delivered."

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Teshin is gonna be the Cl. Shepard of Warframe... instead of "It's the reapers, I told you, idiots!" it's gonna be "The sentients were just waiting for the opportunity Lotus delivered."

Highly doubt that. At least, not delivered intentionally.

She seemed just as surprised to the realization that they were still alive as we all were (her "no, it can't be" reaction in The New Strange) I HIGHLY doubt that she's going to all "I tricked you, Tenno!" on us - she was leading the Tenno in the Old War, after all, and was doing everything she could to try and protect the Tenno to the point she is physically distraught at a memory of her failing to do so (Hidden Messages).

We have VR now where players control their in-game avatars in first person, and yet people eyes-deep in a futuristic science fiction world can't imagine that maybe in the world of Warframe there would be something similar applied militarily.

Really, it boggles my mind.

Edited by Campaigner

But the Tenno aren't stupid. The whole reason they went to sleep in the first place instead of just offing themselves was because they likely KNEW they'd be needed again. And if they'd be needed again, that would mean SOMETHING would be rising to power, and in that case it would 1) be best to already have some Warframes on hand to combat it and 2) to have them ready with you, in case that hostile force comes looking for them while they sleep.

Unless you're attempting to say the Tenno are complete idiots who thought "duuuurrr, we just killed da orokin emprers!! it will be peace and happiness from now on because that's how history has shown htings happen! duuuuuuuur!"

Which is SO unlikely it physically hurts me to consider it.

Unless the amnesia is intentional.  Being turned into a Popsicle can't be good on the body, possibly forcing amnesia. 

On the chance of it being voluntary on our part.  We realized that the Sentients or another, greater threat, were just delayed, not truly dead.  The Orokin either didn't understand or care and would have brought disaster.  Our reaction was to exterminate them and erase every clue to what would bring the threat back, including in our cephalons and ourselves.  A cue was built for Lotus to bring us back if there was a danger of that happening again, though she to forgot quite a lot as well (not recognizing that Sentient fragment). 

Alternatively, we were sabotaged somehow.  The Sentients disguised themselves as Tenno, "ended" the war and then using the element of surprise to obliterate the Orokin.  Possibly to the point of tricking us to sleep until something woke us up and erasing traces of their existence in order to delay action against them.  They then spent their agents' time preparing for their return, which is apparently more than just flipping a switch. 

Teshin is crazy so he will still claim it.

I was also joking...

We're all a LITTLE mad here....

Unless the amnesia is intentional.  Being turned into a Popsicle can't be good on the body, possibly forcing amnesia. 

On the chance of it being voluntary on our part.  We realized that the Sentients or another, greater threat, were just delayed, not truly dead.  The Orokin either didn't understand or care and would have brought disaster.  Our reaction was to exterminate them and erase every clue to what would bring the threat back, including in our cephalons and ourselves.  A cue was built for Lotus to bring us back if there was a danger of that happening again, though she to forgot quite a lot as well (not recognizing that Sentient fragment). 

Alternatively, we were sabotaged somehow.  The Sentients disguised themselves as Tenno, "ended" the war and then using the element of surprise to obliterate the Orokin.  Possibly to the point of tricking us to sleep until something woke us up and erasing traces of their existence in order to delay action against them.  They then spent their agents' time preparing for their return, which is apparently more than just flipping a switch. 

I can't debate against that because there's nothing in the lore to suggest towards or against it, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

Edited by Morec0

I don't know if it's the way Teshin talks, or what, but it sounds like the 'horrors' or whatever he calls them, are something other than the Sentients. I mean, if we already killed them once, why would we need to face [ourselves] to prepare for more Sentients? It doesn't make sense. It sounds to me like there is an enemy greater than the Sentients coming. 

Like on Family Guy, when Peter came up with the idea of 'Bigger Jaws' and they (the people from Jaws) would have to team up with Jaws to take down Bigger Jaws. Silly reference, but it works!

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly